IGNORED

Callum O`Dowda

Lanterne Rouge

Everyone played superbly tonight but I thought Callum deserves his own thread. He was simply unplayable tonight. Every time the ball came to him something happened and their defence just didn`t know what to do with him, he absolutely tormented them all night. I can see what Martin O`Neil means when he says what he does about him when you see a performance  like that.

Well done lad, you were simply brilliant tonight - just get a goal and I think you`ll get many.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Everyone played superbly tonight but I thought Callum deserves his own thread. He was simply unplayable tonight. Every time the ball came to him something happened and their defence just didn`t know what to do with him, he absolutely tormented them all night. I can see what Martin O`Neil means when he says what he does about him when you see a performance  like that.

Well done lad, you were simply brilliant tonight - just get a goal and I think you`ll get many.

I've been on his back. But tonight absolutely fantastic. Thought he was going off first half . Energy 

I couldn't make it tonight, so this is possibly very harsh on the lad, but any goals or assists..? No, thought not! 

He just doesn't actually do enough that changes a game for me. 

I do like his direct running though and work rate is decent. 

Like I said, probably being harsh! 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I couldn't make it tonight, so this is possibly very harsh on the lad, but any goals or assists..? No, thought not! 

Very, very harsh, was one of our best players on the pitch today, Stoke players looked like rabbits in headlights when CO'D was on the ball. £1.7m we paid? Absolute steal!

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Great to watch, but final product abit lacking.  I'm sure he will fix that in time.  Could do with a bit of body building in the mean time but had a pretty good game tonite.  Come on COD 11..

That ruined Freeman as he lost the edge of pace/agility he had, Callum is looking fine with his physical attributes, he's getting used to the standard we're playing at and looking better with each game I've seen.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Very, very harsh, was one of our best players on the pitch today, Stoke players looked like rabbits in headlights when CO'D was on the ball. £1.7m we paid? Absolute steal!

Like I said, I couldn't make it tonight. 

He's usually very frustrating, with his lack of end product. 

Really glad he played well tonight. Confidence will only help him improve that area of his game. 

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Looks a bit of a potential Darren Anderton (Without the injuries :fingerscrossed:)To me

Great at carrying the ball and getting us up he pitch - invaluable

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Like I said, I couldn't make it tonight. 

He's usually very frustrating, with his lack of end product. 

Really glad he played well tonight. Confidence will only help him improve that area of his game. 

I think he's starting to get used to the standard required, I made the comparison elsewhere but O'Dowda runs on the ball seem similar to those of a rugby player when they break lines, the directness of his runs with the pace have so much potential. One difference I saw today was that if there was nothing on after running with the ball he would look to make a more simple pass and make sure we retained possession but the difference being we're 20/30 yards further down the pitch.

25 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If you only judge players on goals and assists then more fool you.

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Apparently O'Neil was there last night.  

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Could do with a bit of body building

Nothing wrong with his strength.  Held off two Stoke players at the corner flag in front of SS.

Always been a CO'D fan.  Benefit of deciding team early is that Martin O'Neill could attend (apparently).  Being involved with ROI all good for the lad's development.

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

This will come with game time. He is improving all the time.

Yet Taylor gets MoM despite missing two one on ones when clean through and gets an assist for one that he missed.

Oh I forgot, you weren't there, my clear MoM.

Bit harsh correct :yes:

He made proven prem defenders look silly, won fouls if there were no options for him and with his height he's another outlet for a cross field ball.

He changed the game by putting stoke on the back foot everytime he got the ball. Turn and ran at them instead of turn and pass sideways. 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

you lost 99% of us by starting a reaction to a thread based on tonight's performance with 'I couldn't make it tonight'

Would like to see O'Dowda and Paterson in tandem on the flanks on Saturday. Both of them are more defensively solid than our other options - which is useful away from home - but also great offensively. Pack and Brownhill in centre mid. Bit harsh on Smith perhaps - tough choices!

17 minutes ago, eardun said:

Would like to see O'Dowda and Paterson in tandem on the flanks on Saturday. Both of them are more defensively solid than our other options - which is useful away from home - but also great offensively. Pack and Brownhill in centre mid. Bit harsh on Smith perhaps - tough choices!

Tough choices for sure, but what a great problem to have!

29 minutes ago, petehinton said:

you lost 99% of us by starting a reaction to a thread based on tonight's performance with 'I couldn't make it tonight'

Surely that comment is based on past viewings, and is inviting others who were there to update him on the evidence of last night.

Hope you enjoyed getting your dig in and talking on behalf of 99% of otib. 

Archived