IGNORED

Peter Crouch

Blazeyrobins

12 minutes ago, Woolford's Hairband said:

Crouch has earnt respect through the years on and off the pitch, he is one of those players that people seem to have a lot of time for. The difference between him and Charlie Adam was on display last night. Crouch is one of those players that people seem to have respect for, always gave 100% for England, at least we didn't see the robot last night! 

and Charlie Adam is scottish

33 minutes ago, Scare_Man said:

I saw that he (with Glen Johnson) even posed for photos with young un's after the game

Class act from those 2 then :clap: Their fans were pissed and you could imagine their players would have wanted to be out of the spotlight asap. 

Bit of respect for a very good career, someone who's always tried hard for England and plays with a smile. He also shook hands with Flint and applauded him for playing so well against him which shows the touch of class he has.

Used to be a lot more applauding 'good pros' quite a few years ago before people got so angry about everything in life on forums and Twitter!

The contrast between him & Charlie Adam was stark in every way last night!

2 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I remember Dion Dublin getting a similar ovation when coming off for Norwich at the Gate, back in 2008 I think? Just acknowledging a good pro, who's had a really good career I reckon.

It  reminded me of this last night too. That was Dublin's last season and he walked all the way around to the Atyeo tunnel. I normally give dogs abuse to any opposition player but joined in that night as well.

I may be wrong but I thought it was for Crouch at first then noticed Bobby Reid taking off his bench attire and preparing himself to get ready and chatting to JMc about his role on pitch. I was under the impression that the applause was for him, and then within a minute he was ready to come on.

May be wrong of course but a few around me noticed Bobby getting ready and were applauding him, not Crouch. Me included.

5 hours ago, Blazeyrobins said:

Was it me but did our own fans give Crouch a better reception when he came off than the Stoke fans?

What a great team display though long may it continue.

Probably paying respect to the fact he's been shagging Abi Clancy for years..! 

6 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I remember Dion Dublin getting a similar ovation when coming off for Norwich at the Gate, back in 2008 I think? Just acknowledging a good pro, who's had a really good career I reckon.

When the spontaneous applause started for Crouch, it reminded me of the Dion Dublin episode. Which was also for a respected player coming to the end of his career.

Thought he deserved it for the way he has handled himself (stop it) through the years. nice guy, and like somene said, played with a smile and seems to appreciate his good fortune to be a footy player. Unlike far too many. Well done PC, I clapped

Was in a good mood funnily enough, last night

7 hours ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Crouchy has earnt a huge amount of respect from English football fans in general. 

It's clear that he's a top bloke as well as a top player, so a round of applause for such bloke is fair enough.

I'd imagine it would have been different if we were losing and he'd scored against us. 

Not quite enough respect to stop most of us knocking one out over a picture of his Mrs though..! 

6 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Big fan of Crouch. Always thought he was quite decent technically for a bloke that big. 

His goal against Man City a few years ago was absolutely class. 

20 odd goals in 40 odd games for England wasn't it? 

Top bloke.

More than quite decent imho.  Always looked good in any team he played for at any level, his technique stood up well.

A genuinely nice bloke by what we've seen of him.  I clapped him too.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

More than quite decent imho.  Always looked good in any team he played for at any level, his technique stood up well.

A genuinely nice bloke by what we've seen of him.  I clapped him too.

Spot on - debatable whether he was better with his feet or head - and a clever player too

Very underestimated / appreciated IMHO

One of the highest if not the highest goal per minute ratio for England

:clapping:

oh , and Mrs Crouch is 'sex on a stick' too ! 

2 hours ago, Flint says No said:

I thought he said a virgin but still as funny either way!

He did say 'virgin'. 

We all love Crouchie. We don't understand how he's still our most likely goalscorer - but the fact is that despite spending squillions, he's still there.

Nice that people gave him a decent ovation. There's enough unnecessary hatred in football and life in general, so I'm sure he appreciated it.

Archived