IGNORED

The story of Bristol City’s three relegations in 747 days

RedRoss

15 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Unlikely, he stayed very loyal to a group of players, and seemed unable/ unwilling to change. Probably appointing Houghton was wrong, but the whole club was in complete denial at the time, and whoever came in had no room to move players out to freshen things up.

don't think he could change if he wanted too, to be fair, 10 year contracts and losing money hand over fist will limit what you can do with a squad

I think he stayed too loyal generally, even before the collapse. It was pretty much the same squad that went down as went up. We brought in a few old heads at first, but just ended up with an aging side. All so easy with hindsight. Even at the time I never understood the signing of Tony Fitzpatrick. I could understand Houghton signing Moller as he was class, although wedid wonder if a striker might have been a better option with goals as rare as intelligent Gasheads.

Every football fan, no matter who they support, should have to go through what we did to make them appreciate what they have and what they could lose. Never have I seen fans so together and determined to make sure that the club we love would not be allowed to die if we had anything to do with it. As others have said, I bought £60 of shares - I only earned £40 a week.

Your world`s ending because you`ve not qualified for the champions league for the first time in ten years and you have to make do with the Europa League? What would some of these pampered prem fans do if they ended up in our situation? Desert the club probably and just leave a hardcore of proper fans to deal with it no doubt.

Also, always remember the vultures from north of the river trying to drive us under and steal AG from us.

#neverforgiveneverforget

Archived