IGNORED

SSN last night.....

Robbored

I wasn't at AG last but had SNN on in the background. When at ht the game was goalless the comment was " of course Stoke made 6 changes"

Then when City went 1-0 up out came the same comment.......same at  2-0.......All about Stoke making 6 changes and not a single mention of City actually making changes............ 

Poor journo skills imv.

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

ours was arguably the best result of the night, and all they were interested in was Leicester and Liverpool, we were mentioned as little as they thought they could get away with, it felt to me anyway.

Leeds beating Burnley on penalties was also more prominent on BBC's website last night too. 

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wasn't at AG last but had SNN on in the background. When at ht the game was goalless the comment was " of course Stoke made 6 changes"

Then when City went 1-0 up out came the same comment.......same at  2-0.......All about Stoke making 6 changes and not a single mention of City actually making changes............ 

Poor journo skills imv.

the lady watching the game corrected the pundits after the first snippet to the gate to be fair

also listening to talk sport last night they obviously had to at least give us a mention...but after about 30 seconds they couldn't wait to get back to talking about how Liverpool lost away at Leicester and that was a bigger shock...absolute rubbish...they had to start talking about us again when Matty Taylor rang in...yet the presenter still referred to us as 'Bristol'...clueless...

5 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

also listening to talk sport last night they obviously had to at least give us a mention...but after about 30 seconds they couldn't wait to get back to talking about how Liverpool lost away at Leicester and that was a bigger shock...absolute rubbish...they had to start talking about us again when Matty Taylor rang in...yet the presenter still referred to us as 'Bristol'...clueless...

I can forgive pundits and presenters referring to us as "Bristol". There's only one team in Bristol.........one team in Bristol......one team in.........

I posted in the match thread. We were complimented quite a few times on SSN last night.

At one point they called it the biggest shock of the night and then the presenter went on to add that they shouldn't have been too surprised by the current score as City had gone over a month without losing a game and were the championships highest scorers. 

It's interesting every time we are referred to as Bristol. For me..it's easy to follow the thread. I don't mind admitting losing the thread a bit when SSN referred to a team (forgot who) playing a Championship game away at "Sheffield". There' was genuine choice in that vague remark and none of the presenters attempted to clarify. 

11 minutes ago, harrys said:

It was mentioned lots of times about our 9 changes and our good current form, I don't know what you were watching? Not sure why we always get Michelle Owen though, why don't we get a proper reporter? ;-)

Oi, nowt wrong with our Michelle!

As long as we don't get Bianca Westwood bumbling along. She comes across as thicker than a whale omelette.

20 minutes ago, harrys said:

It was mentioned lots of times about our 9 changes and our good current form, I don't know what you were watching? Not sure why we always get Michelle Owen though, why don't we get a proper reporter? ;-)

She was used because she was 'in the area' last night

Luckily as there was no Extra Time she made it to mine by 10.15

:thumbsup:

31 minutes ago, harrys said:

I believe she and her husband live locally,

Yep they live in Portishead, she use to do Drive time for capital south wales radio, and her husband works for the mix group in bristol and apparently he crashed his BMW on west hill at the weekend

Our win was mentioned by Gary Richardson on the Radio 4 "Today" programme this morning so he thought it was the outstanding result.

Apart from this bit of reporting by someone who knows the game properly most people who say they are football fans (but don't actually go to any games, just watch watch the Premiership on TV) know next to nothing about  the 3 lower leagues and further many think that Bristol is some poxy little village somewhere.

So thankyou very much Gary.

About every 5 years I get excited about City when things like this happen. Trying not to shoot my bolt .... again!!

43 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I believe she and her husband live locally,

Yep they live in Portishead, she use to do Drive time for capital south wales radio, and her husband works for the mix group in bristol and apparently he crashed his BMW on west hill at the weekend

This reads like you managed to tap her phone mid-post.

53 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

She was used because she was 'in the area' last night

Luckily as there was no Extra Time she made it to mine by 10.15

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Oi, nowt wrong with our Michelle!

21 minutes ago, pillred said:

lucky you, think she's a bit of a dish, though don't tell the wife.

Hey!! I've told you all before, HANDS OFF :bruce_h4h::ranting:

Ah, Michelle. :wub:

Archived