IGNORED

Palace at Home

Never to the dark side

Easily winnable. We'll end up drawing Boro next round and then Leeds in the semis where we'll inevitably lose to Norwich in the final.

All jokes aside, we should win, this cup is doing wonders for the players that don't typically get 90 in the league, reckon we can actually push to the semis and I might even buy a can of carabao if we do

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Some peoples view on Cup draws baffles me!

We've got a Home, winnable tie, against premier league opposition, which could see us reach the quarter finals of a major domestic trophy, yet some people would prefer us to go and get spanked at Old Trafford or the Ethihad..? 

We'd rather lose at Old Trafford now rather than later. Even if we beat CP we'd eventually lose to a bigger club - may as well be now!

6 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Europa league here we come LJ was right after all. San Siro, bernabau Park Head, Olympic stadium Germany. Right better get my passport sorted out

& Ryanair flights booked !

3 minutes ago, samo II said:

Happy with that; a potentially winnable tie against another top level team at home, and avoiding something like Wolves or Middlesborough away.

Yup, didn't want 'boro, Leeds, Wolves or Norwich. So the next level up and winnable. It's at home and we are pitched against the team who can't score and have changed manager already this season. Granted the game is a month away and things can change but I'd rather be in our position than theirs.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Some peoples view on Cup draws baffles me!

We've got a Home, winnable tie, against premier league opposition, which could see us reach the quarter finals of a major domestic trophy, yet some people would prefer us to go and get spanked at Old Trafford or the Ethihad..? 

Why would we necessarily get spanked there? Anfield 94? Whats the point of being in this competition if you cant aspire to beat the best there is and create wonderful memories that supporters of us small clubs need? It's easy to understand peoples disappointment that we've missed out once again but we've never had a better chance of reaching the quarter finals since 89. Exciting times!

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Rovers are home to West Ham U23s in the Checkatrade Trophy that day. You'd think we could have both games on the same night though.

Absolutely as the other club are Tinpot nobodies playing a youth squad. The faithful and trues only bother when they play away.

If we hadn't already beaten Watford and Stoke I think it would be right to say this is a shit draw but now we know we can beat lower ranked Premiership sides with our reserves i think it's the perfect entree to the 5th round where we will have an even better chance of a massively better draw. 

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Why would we necessarily get spanked there? Anfield 94? Whats the point of being in this competition if you cant aspire to beat the best there is and create wonderful memories that supporters of us small clubs need? It's easy to understand peoples disappointment that we've missed out once again but we've never had a better chance of reaching the quarter finals since 89. Exciting times!

I'd agree if this was the FA Cup, but the thought of playing a top team's reserves in a half empty stadium on a Tuesday night is not exactly inspiring.

7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Rovers are home to West Ham U23s in the Checkatrade Trophy that day. You'd think we could have both games on the same night though.

The Gas used to play their midweek games on Wednesdays in the past, they can move as it's their turn 

As a 25 year old City fan, I'm convinced that the our ball has some kind of magnet which attracts shit ties. I decided to look at the last time we drew a big club:

Man U - 1980
Man City - 2007*
Spurs - 1980
Arsenal - 1980
Chelsea - 1990
Liverpool - 1994

*This was before Man City was a 'big' side in my opinion so it doesn't count!

In summary, we're cursed. 

Archived