IGNORED

Palace at Home

Never to the dark side

8 hours ago, Johnr1986 said:

Slightly underwhelmed but definitely winnable, hoping they remain poo till we play them so they are more likely not to risk there better players putting the league first, will we ever get a top draw ? It's pretty frustrating 

Regardless of whether their form picks up, they're in real danger of going down. I believe they play the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea in their next three league games, I can't see them being too keen on a cup game 

Palace's games before we play them:

Man City - away

Man United - away

Chelsea - home

Newcastle - away

Us - away

West Ham - home

Spurs - away

Looking at those fixtures they could well arrive in Bristol still bottom of the league with 0 points needing to very much focus on the two London derby's that follow.

Good opportunity.

9 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

We beat Palace at home the last time we reached the semi final of this cup. Could it happen again?

4-1 I think, with Ralph Milne ripping them to pieces and getting a transfer to Man Utd as a result.  Any highlights still exist of that night?

Strange to think that we followed it with a last 16 match against Tranmere Rovers and a quarter final against Bradford City.  Where are they these days?

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Man City - away

Man United - away

Chelsea - home

Newcastle - away

Us - away

West Ham - home

Spurs - away

Looking at those fixtures they could well arrive in Bristol still bottom of the league with 0 points needing to very much focus on the two London derby's that follow.

Good opportunity.

Newcastle & West Ham are the games they will hope to pick up points so fingers crossed it'll mean a weakened side against us. 

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Man City - away

Man United - away

Chelsea - home

Newcastle - away

Us - away

West Ham - home

Spurs - away

Good opportunity.

Worth noting that Palace have to travel to Newcastle the weekend before heading over to the Gate, while we'll be off the back of two well spaced home games on the spin (Burton on Fri 13th and Leeds Sat 21st), so there is the added positive of reduced travel and extra prep for us before that match.

And the form Newcastle are building means I'd also suggest Palace will have a serious test up in the north east too.

8 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

From the Palace forum ...

Dan1994  Wallington Today 10.32pm 

My missus and her family are Rovers supporters, and I've been to a few of theirs myself. Safe to say I don't like City because of it!

I will definitely be there as it's in my holiday, and I'll be sure to bring a few with me. Let's make it a solid turn out.

Intruder Alert! 15'ers in the away end (provided someone can sub them £12 each).

Presumably he's the 'Gas sympathising bell end' of this round.

Bet he won't get laid for a year if we beat them.

Win this. Then next round Bournemouth home. Sneak through into the semi's. Arsenal over 2 legs. Losing 2-0 up there and getting battered but a last minute set piece goal and its 2-1. Home to AG and we win 1-0. Then beat Spurs at Wembley in final - no one ever loses to them there apart from Dortmund. Simples?

On paper this is possibly an easier game than both Watford and Stoke. 

Watford due to playing them away and Stoke because I think they're a better side.

Question is whether Hodgson will have them in better form by the time we play them. Despite not being great for England, he is a good manager. Interesting to see what sort of side they put out - can't imagine they'll risk a weakened team although survival has to be their priority.

The Bristol rovers boob cricket weirdo , is also a massive Crystal Palace fan that attends a lot of their games . Please remind all the females the this pest is 99% to be at Ashton gate for this game 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2066560/Football-fan-gropes-mother-threes-breast-drunken-game-boob-cricket.html

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1351827--to-think-Jason-Lintern-needs-to-learn-that-sexual-assault-is-always-offensive

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

On paper this is possibly an easier game than both Watford and Stoke. 

Watford due to playing them away and Stoke because I think they're a better side.

Question is whether Hodgson will have them in better form by the time we play them. Despite not being great for England, he is a good manager. Interesting to see what sort of side they put out - can't imagine they'll risk a weakened team although survival has to be their priority.

Oh they will play a second string without a doubt IMO. This game is sandwiched between two Premier League fixtures that they will feel they can take points from, particularly the home game 4 days after our game versus West Ham.

Hodgson will also be aware that all the big boys are left in the competition and so it is very unlikely Palace will win it. Same as Stoke on Tuesday, they won't 'want' to progress as much as we will IMO. I'm actually pretty confident of a win. Play like we did Tuesday and we'll progress. Is there second string even likely to be that much better than our on paper? Doubtful.

41 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Can we turn off the new goal line technology for this game only please?

Why would we? That goal wasn't disallowed because the ref didn't realise it hadn't gone in, it was disallowed because of a foul in the buildup.

It was Colin that started this myth about the ref claiming it didn't go in and even City fans seem to have fallen for it.

Sorry, I know it was a  joke, but this really is just a myth.

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Oh they will play a second string without a doubt IMO. This game is sandwiched between two Premier League fixtures that they will feel they can take points from, particularly the home game 4 days after our game versus West Ham.

Hodgson will also be aware that all the big boys are left in the competition and so it is very unlikely Palace will win it. Same as Stoke on Tuesday, they won't 'want' to progress as much as we will IMO. I'm actually pretty confident of a win. Play like we did Tuesday and we'll progress. Is there second string even likely to be that much better than our on paper? Doubtful.

This. Given Palaces next three fixtures are away at Man C/Man U and Chelsea at home its quite possible they'll be coming into those two games against Newcastle/West Ham with zero points still.  The cup is the least of there concerns.

A friend of mine at work is a Huddersfield season ticket holder who went to their match at Palace on Tuesday. He said it was like a contest between two teams to see who could lose- quite clear that neither squad put much value on the fixture and this may be viewed as a nuisance for Palace. Given that it's at home, if we maintain our form we'd probably be favourites

Furtger to this, if we beat Palace and then win the next game to get to the semi's, if the remaining 3 teams in the competition are, say, Man U, Man City and Chelsea, all of whom qualify for the Champions League, would we get a Europa League place?!

47 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I hope so, I really feel they're beatable - especially at home.

About time we had a bit of a cup run.

4 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

A friend of mine at work is a Huddersfield season ticket holder who went to their match at Palace on Tuesday. He said it was like a contest between two teams to see who could lose- quite clear that neither squad put much value on the fixture and this may be viewed as a nuisance for Palace. Given that it's at home, if we maintain our form we'd probably be favourites

Furtger to this, if we beat Palace and then win the next game to get to the semi's, if the remaining 3 teams in the competition are, say, Man U, Man City and Chelsea, all of whom qualify for the Champions League, would we get a Europa League place?!

Got a feeling it goes to the 6th placed PL side unless you are runners up? 

Archived