IGNORED

The Golden Age of Serie A

One Team In Keynsham

7 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

FWIW, the San Siro is my favourite Stadium I've ever watched football in. Brilliant atmosphere and only about 35k fans out of 80k seats. Would love to go again when/if it is full. The football is nowhere near as bad as people are told. 

Juventus have made two of the last three CL finals so it cannot be that bad

Don't disagree. Roma-Inter was my first Serie A game back in August. Great atmosphere, 50k out of about 70 or so. Make you right about football standards also.

Yep...the other 2 sides Italian ones who lost in CL- Roma and Napoli- were only eliminated by Real Madrid who won 3/4 CL sides and first team to retain it in this format. Atalanta are excellent though weakened by poaching of talents, the two Milans are definitely rising again, Lazio decent side, Torino, Fiorentina, Sampdoria all good. Sassuolo and Genoa teams like that, tricky away day.

It's really not so bad there- I mean it's vastly declined compared to it's peak but in absolute terms it's far from poor or inept.

16 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

FWIW, the San Siro is my favourite Stadium I've ever watched football in. Brilliant atmosphere and only about 35k fans out of 80k seats. Would love to go again when/if it is full. The football is nowhere near as bad as people are told. 

Never been to a game but had a tour of the stadium, always remember the dressing rooms which were on a par with the Downs!

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't disagree. Roma-Inter was my first Serie A game back in August. Great atmosphere, 50k out of about 70 or so. Make you right about football standards also.

Yep...the other 2 sides Italian ones who lost in CL- Roma and Napoli- were only eliminated by Real Madrid who won 3/4 CL sides and first team to retain it in this format. Atalanta are excellent though weakened by poaching of talents, the two Milans are definitely rising again, Lazio decent side, Torino, Fiorentina, Sampdoria all good. Sassuolo and Genoa teams like that, tricky away day.

It's really not so bad there- I mean it's vastly declined compared to it's peak but in absolute terms it's far from poor or inept.

Saw Roma-Milan last year in Rome. I prefered the football in Rome but I stood with the inter ultras in the San Siro which struggles to be topped.

8 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Saw Milan v Juve there a few years back. Simply awesome and the loudest I`ve ever heard a football crowd.

Archived