IGNORED

Super White Army Banner

Super

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bah bah green sheep.

I find that offensive,

as a vegan Green is the colour of plants, and plants need to respected and treated as equals, and your mention of the word sheep is offensive, they are living creatures subjected vile conditions where some steals their warm coat and they have to freeze 

40 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I believe that they are not Red Indians anymore. Now Native Americans?

The FA should have fun with Newcastle United's Black and White Army.

What a load of rubbish. Northern Europeans are not white anyway. We have varying shades of pink / light tan depending on the time of the year and where in Europe we live.

First Nations...I got caught out in Canada by saying 'First Editions' by mistake...highly embarrassing.

You can absolutely guarantee that the person who's 'taken offence' and made the decision to do this is white.

They probably haven't even really been offended; rather preempting potential offence this banner could cause if someone got it's meaning badly confused. What a strange train of thought that is to reach the conclusion that the banner must not be seen.

Preempting offence about something totally unrelated to race or social justice is so bizarre.. by preempting this and assuming someone somewhere may take offence; if anything it's offensive to the people it's designed to be 'protecting' from potential offence. 

What a muddle. 

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Yet another example of someone not having a clue about the football club they are playing at

Shame the reps hadn't been to a Tranmere game prior to that evening they would have heard the song being sung

My Tranmere supporting mate is as leftish as they come, and he refers to them as Superwhites.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You can absolutely guarantee that the person who's 'taken offence' and made the decision to do this is white.

They probably haven't even really been offended; rather preempting potential offence this banner could cause if someone got it's meaning badly confused. What a strange train of thought that is to reach the conclusion that the banner must not be seen.

Preempting offence about something totally unrelated to race or social justice is so bizarre.. by preempting this and assuming someone somewhere may take offence; if anything it's offensive to the people it's designed to be 'protecting' from potential offence. 

What a muddle. 

They seen the word white . On a flag inside a football stadium and instantly thought racism. Absolutely pathetic 

I think its still a crazy overreaction, but I think it has more to do with England Women playing in front of the sign after everything that has been going on than the sign being seen as racist in isolation. I don't think they're removing it, it sounds like it was just covered for the England game. 

3 hours ago, spudski said:

First Nations...I got caught out in Canada by saying 'First Editions' by mistake...highly embarrassing.

Ah now 'first edition Canadians' would be the correct lable for my kids. Or would that be 'half first edition' as their  Mum is Canadian. And does that mean  we are a mixed race household? Or perhaps just a bunch of mongrels. Hells bells where to tread...

5 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

What will New Zealand Rugby do? After all it must be racist to be called the "All Blacks"

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Good job the FA has no jurisdiction over rugby. Imagine what they'd make of the All Blacks tour......       :facepalm:

It's worse than that. The New Zealand football team is called the All Whites.

Racist bastards.

white_out.jpg

So.... England play in white. Yet a banner, supporting that colour albeit just coincidence being of the same colour as the host team, is deemed offensive. 

Wow... just wow.

Name and shame the absolute weapon who made this decision. These idiots should be arrested for inciting racial hatred/disharmony. 

Fortunately, apart from sunburnt Brits, no one is red-skinned so 'Red Army' chants, I assume, will be allowed at our future matches.

2 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

So.... England play in white. Yet a banner, supporting that colour albeit just coincidence being of the same colour as the host team, is deemed offensive. 

Wow... just wow.

Name and shame the absolute weapon who made this decision. These idiots should be arrested for inciting racial hatred/disharmony. 

Fortunately, apart from sunburnt Brits, no one is red-skinned so 'Red Army' chants, I assume, will be allowed at our future matches.

Do the Soviets know about this?

Hand over your season ticket sonny.

4 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Misunderstanding what racism actually is, is quite disappointing and mildly offensive in itself as it shows utter ignorance. 

Do you consider the banner as racist? If you do then I must be misunderstanding, mildly offensive and utterly ignorant.

10 hours ago, Pezo said:

Well it wasnt racists before but could be used that way now - well done FA you absolute mupets.

Exactly. They have now drawn attention to something they wanted to blank out. I really don't have a word to describe the level of competency at which they do their jobs, I'm just thankful I can go about my daily life without the thoughts in my head that must exist in theirs. 

If they want games rightly played at different venues around the country then they must embrace the host stadiums and their banners etc. Well done Tranmere, be proud to be Super Whites as that's what you are. 

Archived