IGNORED

BRISTOL?

Tomo

We......ie Me!

ANYONE fed up with pundits, managers, players, opposition fans alike calling us Bristol!

Mark Hughes after Tuesday was guilty!

WE ARE BRISTOL CITY!

Can we stop this nonsense! 

You never hear Manchester U or City being called Manchester. You never hear Sheffield Weds or United being called Sheffield. You never hear Nottingham Forest or County being called Nottingham....bla bla.

Derby are Derby of course! :laugh:

Time for our marketing dept to advise the world that we are Bristol City and anyone that refers to Bristol should be referring to the egg chasers, the Rugby World!

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’m just impressed/curious about why you picked now - 8.50pm on a Thursday - to unleash this rather furious post about what pundits call us 

Catching up on Channel 5 highlights and heard Hughes say it......arghhhhhh

8 minutes ago, tomo said:

We are all fed up with pundits, managers, players, opposition fans alike calling us Bristol!

Pretty sweeping generalisation - 'We are all fed up...'

I'm not, I quite enjoy loads of people in the football world thinking we represent Bristol - it further marginalises the gas and makes them feel even more inferior, if that is possible!

Lots of people on here feel like they know the views of everyone, when they just don't...more use of "I" rather than "We" would be more appropriate....

15 minutes ago, tomo said:

We are all fed up with pundits, managers, players, opposition fans alike calling us Bristol!

Mark Hughes after Tuesday was guilty!

WE ARE BRISTOL CITY!

Can we stop this nonsense! 

You never hear Manchester U or City being called Manchester. You never hear Sheffield Weds or United being called Sheffield. You never hear Nottingham Forest or County being called Nottingham....bla bla.

Derby are Derby of course! :laugh:

Time for our marketing dept to advise the world that we are Bristol City and anyone that refers to Bristol should be referring to the egg chasers, the Rugby World!

Yeah... and you never hear Everton or Liverpool being referred to as Li.... oh.

It does bug me but generally I just think that it shows a lack of knowledge from the pundit saying it...

I doubt Hughes was being disrespectful. I mean it's fairly obvious he wasn't talking about Rovers. Think I referred to you as Bristol last night. Just seemed a bit daft to refer to your full title. I presumed everyone knew who I meant. No offence intended.

Our lot get a bit uppity when we play Man City and all the commentators and journalists refer to them as City without seemingly noticing that little ol' Stoke are City too. We all need something to get wound up about I suppose.

It's a compliment.

Commentators would never say "Manchester" because nobody would know if they meant Manchester United or Manchester City.

So if they feel happy saying "Bristol" then that is because none of their viewers / listeners will do other than think that it's Bristol City to whom they are referring.

One Team in Bristol is probably more true now than it has ever been.

14 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Yet you post on a forum called One Team in Bristol... 

Post on OTIB - sing "only one team in Bristol" and yet some fans get upset when we are referred to as Bristol - was it confusing, did you think Rovers were also playing Stoke and kept getting confused as to which of us they were referring to ? Maybe when they make the football equivalent of

large-3player-chess-brown-400.jpg

we might have something to complain about

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Post on OTIB - sing "only one team in Bristol" and yet some fans get upset when we are referred to as Bristol - was it confusing, did you think Rovers were also playing Stoke and kept getting confused as to which of us they were referring to ? Maybe when they make the football equivalent of

large-3player-chess-brown-400.jpg

we might have something to complain about

You mean this.... 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazine-25852634/three-sided-football-a-game-of-alliance-and-betrayal

35 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It's a compliment.

Commentators would never say "Manchester" because nobody would know if they meant Manchester United or Manchester City.

So if they feel happy saying "Bristol" then that is because none of their viewers / listeners will do other than think that it's Bristol City to whom they are referring.

One Team in Bristol is probably more true now than it has ever been.

Would need a special sort of stupid to be watching the commentary, or post-match summary, of Bristol City v Stoke City, hear someone say "Bristol" and think they are referring to the horse punchers.

I mean it can be annoying, but it honestly doesn’t bother me that much. I see some city fans go mental on twitter about it and I’m incredibly jealous of them. How great must there lives be that this bothers them that much. Can’t have any other problems going on. 

Perhaps they call us Bristol because they forget about the other irrelevant mob?.. easily done. 

24 minutes ago, Negan said:

I mean it can be annoying, but it honestly doesn’t bother me that much. I see some city fans go mental on twitter about it and I’m incredibly jealous of them. How great must there lives be that this bothers them that much. Can’t have any other problems going on. 

Perhaps they call us Bristol because they forget about the other irrelevant mob?.. easily done. 

Being a bit harsh on Manor Farm there mate.

9 minutes ago, Judda said:

You are right but it's not exactly hard to say Bristol City is it?

But why should he? His team's just been made to look stupid and you think he should be asking the locals how they like to be referred to? Why be offended by an opposition manager referring to your team by a name you should be proud of, the name of your city.

6 minutes ago, Judda said:

You are right but it's not exactly hard to say Bristol City is it?

Do we insist/support this happening to any other club? I have only seen us complain about how we are refered to.

Is this just an over opinionated version of a full kit w****r?

Archived