IGNORED

So the Chinese get....

WhistleHappy

The development of the Chinese rail network over the last decade has been phenomenal. Since 2010 they have laid nearly 34,000km of track - opening lines to very remote places such as Tibet and Kashgar.

I  work in the UK construction industry and with it's planning and health and safety legislation just cannot imagine how they design and build with such rapidity. I know they throw lots of money at it but just the logistics and materials involved are staggering. As a comparison I will mention HS2 Phase 1 London to Birmingham which is 192km long - opening date is 2026.

1 hour ago, Reigate Red said:

The development of the Chinese rail network over the last decade has been phenomenal. Since 2010 they have laid nearly 34,000km of track - opening lines to very remote places such as Tibet and Kashgar.

I  work in the UK construction industry and with it's planning and health and safety legislation just cannot imagine how they design and build with such rapidity. I know they throw lots of money at it but just the logistics and materials involved are staggering. As a comparison I will mention HS2 Phase 1 London to Birmingham which is 192km long - opening date is 2026.

made by crooks with substandard materials, its a accident waiting to happen

1 hour ago, Reigate Red said:

Don't disagree Monkeh - high rise living in Shanghai anyone:

Image result for china flats collapse

*joke alert - no offence meant.

(1) *Just wondering if they have spirit-levels in China yet?  or if they still square things up by eye? 

(2) Reigate Red.... that pic  proves a point does it not... ?  that even their Lego sets are bloody awesome... :) unlike the piddling little boxes of plastic bricks we get over here.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:02, Reigate Red said:

In the 1890s the GWR finally agreed to abandon its broad guage tracks and convert the entire of its Plymouth to London route to standard (narrow) guage. They did the work in one weekend.

Can you imagine how long such a project would take now - and its cost! :blink:

On 9/23/2017 at 17:30, Red-Robbo said:

In the 1890s the GWR finally agreed to abandon its broad guage tracks and convert the entire of its Plymouth to London route to standard (narrow) guage. They did the work in one weekend.

Can you imagine how long such a project would take now - and its cost! :blink:

18 months at  a cost of 6 billion

Archived