IGNORED

Our relationship with the media

EmersonsRed

Tarnished in recent times - only locally, with the SOD debacle. But just had a chat with a journalist who works at a later paper who I bumped into on a day set up by the FA to promote football within poor areas, which I have to say was superbly ran. The FA are guilty of holding us back in many areas imo but at least they are dedicated to wanting to give people everywhere some level of coaching. 

Anyway, on topic. He was very complementary of us as a club and hospitality on a match day, which I am sure @AdamB can be thanked for. 

It would seem that we are we are becoming more popular with the media, obviously largely thanks to the recent form we are showing but I know LJ is very well liked throughout. Especially those at TalkSport, Hawksbee and Jacobs both very fond of him. 

This can only be a good thing. Any exposure is good at this point with out new stadium, good form etc. Everything is looking up 

28 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Tarnished in recent times - only locally, with the SOD debacle. But just had a chat with a journalist who works at a later paper who I bumped into on a day set up by the FA to promote football within poor areas, which I have to say was superbly ran. The FA are guilty of holding us back in many areas imo but at least they are dedicated to wanting to give people everywhere some level of coaching. 

Anyway, on topic. He was very complementary of us as a club and hospitality on a match day, which I am sure @AdamB can be thanked for. 

It would seem that we are we are becoming more popular with the media, obviously largely thanks to the recent form we are showing but I know LJ is very well liked throughout. Especially those at TalkSport, Hawksbee and Jacobs both very fond of him. 

This can only be a good thing. Any exposure is good at this point with out new stadium, good form etc. Everything is looking up 

Very good to hear - would hope with the new facilities Sky's commentators would also enjoy coming here now, if they've been done to anywhere near the same standard as the rest of the stadium.

Think between the much more professional approach now as part of Bristol Sport, as well as LJ and his team's friendly and "happy to chat" manner (as well as the results!) that City are getting more coverage than I've seen in years...

8 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Very good to hear - would hope with the new facilities Sky's commentators would also enjoy coming here now, if they've been done to anywhere near the same standard as the rest of the stadium.

Think between the much more professional approach now as part of Bristol Sport, as well as LJ and his team's friendly and "happy to chat" manner (as well as the results!) that City are getting more coverage than I've seen in years...

Yes - I'm sure they enjoy it. We must have some of the best in the county now. I always remember being amazed after being given a tour of the Stadium of Light in Sunderland. The studio Sky used was actually the cleaners cupboard that they cleared out on games Sky wanted to cover! 

3 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

It can't be, can it ?!

Everybody in football hates us; it says so on slagchat.

Imagine professional tie-ups like the Sage advert (which I love hearing because I imagine R*vers fans spitting out their tea at it) help our image too - that we can be taken seriously in business and in the media.

Whereas you wouldn't trust the other lot with something simple, say paying you to put up a fence... :whistle:

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

To be fair, there's enough people on here who reckon the media hate us.

"Hate" is too strong a word I reckon. Personally I'd use words like "ignored" or "insignificant." it's certainly been that way for decades but.....

Things do seem be changing regarding City. We're getting wider coverage, journos seem to like us - largely due to LJ and his staff being  more accessible and of course the revamped AG and the decent hospitality that goes with it. 

Add to that the run of decent results (two against PL teams) and the national media are beginning to take notice  - at the same time expecting our bubble to burst.

Archived