IGNORED

Carabao Cup TV games

Barry

Hope nobody was hoping for our game to be televised, despite having a very winnable game vs our third Premier League team in the competition.

TV games are 

Tues 24th October - Swansea City vs Manchester United

Weds 25th Ocotober -  Spurs vs West Ham

7 minutes ago, Barry said:

Hope nobody was hoping for our game to be televised, despite having a very winnable game vs our third Premier League team in the competition.

TV games are 

Tues 24th October - Swansea City vs Manchester United

Weds 25th Ocotober -  Spurs vs West Ham

what a surprise the beloved premier league,

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ours is a good pick in my totally unbiased opinion.. youthful exciting underdogs (playing at home) vs a faltering premier league side with other priorities.. very good chance of an upset. 

You forget that TV coverage is all about making money which means getting the biggest TV audiences - City Vs Palace was never going to be anywhere near the top of that list

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Swansea vs United is a particularly awful choice.

Ours is a good pick in my totally unbiased opinion.. youthful exciting underdogs (playing at home) vs a faltering premier league side with other priorities.. very good chance of an upset. 

Couldn't agree more.

Surely our game should be on ahead of Swansea v man utd !

United are a massive draw in terms of audience which is why they will always be shown. 

Sadly gone are the days when TV games were chosen on potential upsets and the nature of the tie it is purely about the money and potential audience. 

At the end of the day Sky is a results driven company and to do that they need to enhance viewings and increase advertising revenue. We might disagree on their selection from a football and fans point of view but from a business perspective its an easy decision for them to make. 

Well given its tv match law that Utd must be on tv that's hardly a surprise and you heard the 'excitement' of the guys drawing the balls when Spurs and West Ham got each other. If anything I prefer us not being on for this one, encourages more people to come to the game if the tickets are priced right.  

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

You forget that TV coverage is all about making money which means getting the biggest TV audiences - City Vs Palace was never going to be anywhere near the top of that list

No I don’t forget, sadly you’re right and that’s how things are. 

Mine was of course from a position of total unbias! I think for a neutral British football fan ours is the more exciting tie. Perhaps Chinese interests in the cup dictate somewhat.

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

"Excuse me Mr Advertiser, would you like to pay through the nose for us to show off your wares during the football?"

Is it Man Utd?, yes please.

Bristol City? **** off.

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Swansea vs United is a particularly awful choice.

No way!

Palace don't stand a chance.

39 minutes ago, Super said:

Why did they show United v Burton the other night?!

Dunno if true, but it's been stated elsewhere that either Sky, BBC, ITV or BT Sport have between them shown EVERY :facepalm: cup game featuring Man U since 2005.

42 minutes ago, Neo said:

I’m sure 75% of neutrals would rather watch Swansea v Man Utd than Bristol City v Crystal Palace.

Get over it FFS !!

Doesn’t particularly bother me, I never watch TV games and it’ll knock numbers off the attendance anyway.. my post was obviously very bias and a bit tongue in cheek. Obviously United makes far more sense commercially, especially with the Chinese involvement.

I think neutrals who have a bit more than the basic ‘Sky Sports’ interest in football would rather watch our game but who knows.

10 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

As soon as Spurs v West Ham came out I gave up on us having a TV game. They were always going to put Man U or Man City or Chelsea on and a London derby would be too tempting. We'll just have to beat Palace and then they won't be able to ignore us! 

City v Norwich QF - They will ignore us ;)

Archived