IGNORED

Weekend football

Red Army 75

Some really good and interesting games on over the weekend. Starting tonight.

Wimbledon v MK (Not televised as far as I can see )

Forest Green v Swindle ( sky sports)

Saturday 

Rangers v Celtic 12 pm (sky sports)

West Ham v spurs 12.30pm (sky sports)

Sunday 

My favourite Sheffield derby 1.15 pm (sky sports) .

So if you haven't got a lot planned or not going to Norwich. Some really good football on

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Saturday 

Sunday 

So if you haven't got a lot planned or not going to Norwich. Some really good football on

Feeling sick about this, nobody looks forward to the derby up here. The thought of losing is just awful.

It's great if you win though.

11 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Feeling sick about this, nobody looks forward to the derby up here. The thought of losing is just awful.

We in Bristol can totally understand your concerns. But luckily enough for us they are proper shit . Hope you win by the way. Great game for the neutral 

14 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Talksport said they (Blades) are struggling, especially up front and that this makes you slight favourites.

PS hope you win, not keen on Sheff U (Think it's Warnock)

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Saturday 

Sunday 

How many Sheffield derby's are there?

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Got to say I prefer United, although we have a lot of Wednesday lads on here, good posters but I've played with Sheffield United on football manager every season. I'll be watching it, cracking game from a neutral perspective.

Fair enough, maybe it's because I've never done gaming, but the idea that you might form your opinion of football and football clubs based on computer games seems utterly bizarre to me! 

These things used to happen through your experiences in the real world. I suppose I'm just an old**** though :(

23 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Fair enough, maybe it's because I've never done gaming, but the idea that you might form your opinion of football and football clubs based on computer games seems utterly bizarre to me! 

These things used to happen through your experiences in the real world. I suppose I'm just an old**** though :(

The attachment you develop to really weird clubs is astonishing. FC Groningen in Holland are another one for me, same with Saprissa in Costa Rica.

31 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

City rocker, You and me would have formed our opinion on something much better .............subbueteo :yes: 

3 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Feeling sick aWednesdayhis, nobody looks forward to the derby up here. The thought of losing is just awful.

Good luck against the blunts, lot of time for Wednesday after we were applauded out of Sheffield after beating Utd in the old style play offs.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Got to say I prefer United, although we have a lot of Wednesday lads on here, good posters but I've played with Sheffield United on football manager every season. I'll be watching it, cracking game from a neutral perspective.

I ran a Subbuteo league in Filton for three years as a teenager and was always Sheff U.

The reason is that most wanted to be City or Rovers and so we drew lots for them. I lost out and the reason for the Blades is that I'd gone to Bramall Lane early in 1958 season. Sat in cafe on John St before the game chatting with the Sheff U players. England and Blades keeper, Alan Hodgkinson, gave us four lads, complimentary tickets. We lost 4-0 and came back on the train with the City players. Bert Tindill gave me a bottle of beer from the players crates. So always look for their results. Great memory of the good old days and I still have the programme autographed by both teams.

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I ran a Subbuteo league in Filton for three years as a teenager and was always Sheff U.

The reason is that most wanted to be City or Rovers and so we drew lots for them. I lost out and the reason for the Blades is that I'd gone to Bramall Lane early in 1958 season. Sat in cafe on John St before the game chatting with the Sheff U players. England and Blades keeper, Alan Hodgkinson, gave us four lads, complimentary tickets. We lost 4-0 and came back on the train with the City players. Bert Tindill gave me a bottle of beer from the players crates. So always look for their results. Great memory of the good old days and I still have the programme autographed by both teams.

That's a fantastic story, amazing the difference with today, just being able to chat to some footballers in a cafe.

First and foremost I will be looking for a stream or feed for our trip to Norwich. Doubt there's any but never know eh.

Regards the other games, always preferred Sheffield United personally. Seem more authentic IMO.

Old Firm usually decent enough.

Me though, City stream or radio aside, I reckon I'll be looking at Juventus-Torino.

It's a derby for one and second Torino much improved recent years so it should be competitive.

Archived