IGNORED

BBC - Equality Overload?

Maesknoll Red

45 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I don't think I'd ever find time to go out of the house.

Hatrazine Frogs find the same... there's currently a lot of moral and social outrage because a small minority are claiming equal rights for heterosexual and single-gendered frogs.  

IMG_0868.JPG

3 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

The BBC is shit.

Although, hold on. It does have its uses. IF you are ever a bit bored and want a good laugh, put on Radio 5 Live and listen to their daily backwards bending to what they feel to be politically correct     EVERY focking day they do this. It can be quite entertaining at times

World Service is only worthwhile thing they do imo-almost as shambolic an organization as the FA!

7 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Been really busy, so had a quick log onto the BBC website to see what games were on tonight and the only one showing was a women's game.  

Are the BBC now so equality driven that professional league games are demoted to sub sections below women's games?   I personally have no interest in women's football and I do understand that some do, but I still don't understand why a minority area of a sport takes precedence. 

Funnily enough I thought the same thing yesterday evening. I just wanted to check the FGR vs Swindon score and had to click a load of buttons to get past the WPL score. 

Part of me wonders whether they're trying to over compensate for the much higher wages their paying Gary Linekar & Chris Evans versus their female stars. 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Funnily enough I thought the same thing yesterday evening. I just wanted to check the FGR vs Swindon score and had to click a load of buttons to get past the WPL score. 

Part of me wonders whether they're trying to over compensate for the much higher wages their paying Gary Linekar & Chris Evans versus their female stars. 

It's always the same when a person or organisation has been reprimanded for doing something wrong or inappropriate, they overcompensate and end up too far in the other direction. Which in my view is equally as bad. Just report what needs to be reported, a league one match should take priority over Ladies football just like the Uber cab decision should take priority over the latest Trump outburst.

8 hours ago, reddoh said:

can anyone tell me which one I am ?

There are 2 mate and that’s it. If you’ve got a cock you’re a bloke, chesticles and you’re a woman. The worlds gone mad. Part of me hopes god is real, pops his head down and says that’s it, enough is enough time to stop this freak show of a planet. 

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Funny comment :thumbsup: but there is a grain of truth in the fact that average and normal is the new subversive.

Average & normal is deemed offensive by the growing number of alternatives. 

The world has gone ####ing mad. Let people do & be who they want to be, but at least let that apply to those who are "Average & normal" aswell..! 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Dont even watch MOTD no more . And as for the so called comedy ( pathetic). Can't believe we still got to pay our licence fee . What we paying for . 

MOTD is amateur compared to Sky's football programs. I sometimes catch it early Sunday morning but by accident rather than design.

Comedy is a subjective issue. Peter Kay's Car Share was brilliant and going back in time so was Only fools and horses and even further back, Porridge and the Good Life.

For every comedy that you like they'll be another that you'll find another that's about as unfunny as it gets. 

Some of the BBC dramas are top drawer as I said earlier. The remake of Poldark for example. 

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

MOTD is amateur compared to Sky's football programs. I sometimes catch it early Sunday morning but by accident rather than design.

Comedy is a subjective issue. Peter Kay's Car Share was brilliant and going back in time so was Only fools and horses and even further back, Porridge and the Good Life.

For every comedy that you like they'll be another that you'll find another that's about as unfunny as it gets. 

Some of the BBC dramas are top drawer as I said earlier. The remake of Poldark for example. 

Enjoyed the comedy's u mentioned. The nature programmes are good. But the football coverage is poor. I don't mind paying for my sky sports subscription . Excellent coverage 

• Admin
12 hours ago, RedDave said:

Don’t understand the OP post.  They can’t show men’s league games

The BBC website sports homepage - usually lists what games are on that day.  The games shown are usually the most senior, i.e. Internationals if on,  then Champions league if on, Premier league etc.  You then have to use the drop down to see the leagues below.

Last night the only game visible was Everton v Liverpool women's football, so I assumed their was no professional men's games last night - using the long standing hierarchy system that they have used on this site.

But apparently not, it now seems that women's football takes precedent over lower league games.  

I personally think that this is PC/equality gone mad.  Hope this explains it to you.

• Admin
12 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Radio 5 is complete bull,you start off with Nicky Campbell who let's be honest is a total left winger and doesn't carry off being neutral very well,the woman on the station  are not to bad to be honest 

Nicky Campbell is an icon of impartiality compared to the hand wringing liberal in the afternoons...

Nihal Athanayake

Banal more than Nihal....

But, that's wandering from the original topic.  The BBC are pushing women's football and now reporting it as if was on an equal footing popularity wise, with the men's game.

7 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

The BBC website sports homepage - usually lists what games are on that day.  The games shown are usually the most senior, i.e. Internationals if on,  then Champions league if on, Premier league etc.  You then have to use the drop down to see the leagues below.

Last night the only game visible was Everton v Liverpool women's football, so I assumed their was no professional men's games last night - using the long standing hierarchy system that they have used on this site.

But apparently not, it now seems that women's football takes precedent over lower league games.  

I personally think that this is PC/equality gone mad.  Hope this explains it to you.

That was because the BBC were covering the game and simply wanted users to know. Why would they put a game that a rival were showing above their own in the listings ot their own site?

Having zero interest in women's football I watched the dreadful League 2 game between FGR and Swindon. I daresay the women's game was of better quality.

Here are the Facebook gender options:

Agender

Androgyne

Androgynes

Androgynous

Asexual

Bigender

Cis

Cis Female

Cis Male

Cis Man

Cis Woman

Cisgender

Cisgender Female

Cisgender Male

Cisgender Man

Cisgender Woman

F2M

Female to Male

Female to male trans man

Female to male transgender man

Female to male transsexual man

FTM

Gender Fluid

Gender neutral

Gender Nonconforming

Gender Questioning

Gender Variant

Genderqueer

Hermaphrodite

Intersex

Intersex man

Intersex person

Intersex woman

M2F

Male to Female

Male to female trans woman

Male to female transgender woman

Male to female transsexual woman

Man

MTF

Neither

Neutrois

Non-binary

Other

Pangender

Polygender

T* man

T* woman

Trans

Trans Female

Trans Male

Trans Man

Trans Person

Trans*Female

Trans*Male

Trans*Man

Trans*Person

Trans*Woman

Transexual

Transexual Female

Transexual Male

Transexual Man

Transexual Person

Transexual Woman

Transgender Female

Transgender Person

Transmasculine

Two* person

Two-spirit

Two-spirit person

Woman

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Agender

Androgyne

Androgynes

Androgynous

Asexual

Bigender

Cis

Cis Female

Cis Male

Cis Man

Cis Woman

Cisgender

Cisgender Female

Cisgender Male

Cisgender Man

Cisgender Woman

F2M

Female to Male

Female to male trans man

FTM

Gender Fluid

Gender neutral

Gender Nonconforming

Gender Questioning

Gender Variant

Genderqueer

Hermaphrodite

Intersex

Intersex man

Intersex person

Intersex woman

M2F

Male to Female

Man

MTF

Neither

Neutrois

Non-binary

Other

Pangender

Polygender

T* man

T* woman

Trans

Trans Female

Trans Male

Trans Man

Trans Person

Trans*Female

Trans*Male

Trans*Man

Trans*Person

Trans*Woman

Transexual

Transexual Female

Transexual Male

Transexual Man

Transexual Person

Transexual Woman

Transgender Female

Transgender Person

Transmasculine

Two* person

Two-spirit

Two-spirit person

Woman

Proof, if any were needed, that the world`s gone ******* mad.

11 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Agender

Androgyne

Androgynes

Androgynous

Asexual

Bigender

Cis

Cis Female

Cis Male

Cis Man

Cis Woman

Cisgender

Cisgender Female

Cisgender Male

Cisgender Man

Cisgender Woman

F2M

Female to Male

Female to male trans man

FTM

Gender Fluid

Gender neutral

Gender Nonconforming

Gender Questioning

Gender Variant

Genderqueer

Hermaphrodite

Intersex

Intersex man

Intersex person

Intersex woman

M2F

Male to Female

Man

MTF

Neither

Neutrois

Non-binary

Other

Pangender

Polygender

T* man

T* woman

Trans

Trans Female

Trans Male

Trans Man

Trans Person

Trans*Female

Trans*Male

Trans*Man

Trans*Person

Trans*Woman

Transexual

Transexual Female

Transexual Male

Transexual Man

Transexual Person

Transexual Woman

Transgender Female

Transgender Person

Transmasculine

Two* person

Two-spirit

Two-spirit person

Woman

What my gender?

trans-microbial-semi-nonbinary-pan-transgender-cis-doubledecker-bus

Society isn't inclusive enough and needs to change. I'm being misgendered!

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Or you just missed it

15 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Or you just missed it

15 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Lots of threatened men on this thread,

Live and let live.  

I went to check the scores last night on my phone and whereas it usually has the live score of the highest level on the home page (you can then select "more" and pick the division you are after) it had the women's game.

I don't think it's unfair to suggest that most would consider the men's game the higher level, so if like last night the only live score on their homepage is a women's game most would assume there is no mens game on. I would also hazard a guess that there was more interest in afc Wimbledon vs mk dons and forest Green v Swindon.

The women's game is at an interesting point in its development. People will argue that it's standard and audience do not currently deserve the level of media attention it receives.  But it without this media attention it is unlikely to ever improve its standard or its audience. 

29 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

I went to check the scores last night on my phone and whereas it usually has the live score of the highest level on the home page (you can then select "more" and pick the division you are after) it had the women's game.

I don't think it's unfair to suggest that most would consider the men's game the higher level, so if like last night the only live score on their homepage is a women's game most would assume there is no mens game on. I would also hazard a guess that there was more interest in afc Wimbledon vs mk dons and forest Green v Swindon.

The women's game is at an interesting point in its development. People will argue that it's standard and audience do not currently deserve the level of media attention it receives.  But it without this media attention it is unlikely to ever improve its standard or its audience. 

It needs the media attention to grow it and it should happen.  Amazing how much it winds people up. Someone i know was angry that england women were televised the other night. Bizarre thing to get angry about 

16 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Been really busy, so had a quick log onto the BBC website to see what games were on tonight and the only one showing was a women's game.  

Are the BBC now so equality driven that professional league games are demoted to sub sections below women's games?   I personally have no interest in women's football and I do understand that some do, but I still don't understand why a minority area of a sport takes precedence. 

Ironic really is this same wonderful organisation that pays women shit wages in comparison to their male counterparts?.

15 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Radio 5 is complete bull,you start off with Nicky Campbell who let's be honest is a total left winger and doesn't carry off being neutral very well,the woman on the station  are not to bad to be honest 

:rofl2br:  You've obviously never met him!

Archived