IGNORED

The Official Norwich City v Bristol City Match Day Thread 9

36 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Match day thread of the season (so far). Brilliant read @havanatopia.

As for today. It's going to be a tough one. I'd be over the moon with a win but think a point would be a good day at the office.

COYR

33 minutes ago, Super said:

Morning all. Great thread as usual @havanatopia. Safe journey to all travelling. COYR.

19 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I don't know about Norwich's claim to being a city of culture and literary excellence, but to the list of Bristol's notable contributors to the arts - , Banksy, Massive Attack, Adge Cutler, JK Rowling ( Yate counts?), Cary Grant, John Cleese ( for W-S-M  see Yate) and Damian Hirst perhaps we should be adding Havana's name? 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Plus Stoney Garnet

Well done @havanatopia, you managed to write an enthralling into without mentioning Delia Smith CH CBE, to give her her full title. However I've been thinking about this and come to the conclusion Delia Smith = cooking = food for thought = I've thought about it and it's 3-1 to City. Get your bets on now

Thanks to you guys. Thanks to everyone. Really appreciate the comments. Makes it all the more worthwhile each time I try and think up something interesting; not always relevant but always try to make a connection with the City and the the team we are playing even if tenuous not least because I do not want to repeat what I wrote in the previous encounter between the same two clubs. 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Thanks to you guys. Thanks to everyone. Really appreciate the comments. Makes it all the more worthwhile each time I try and think up something interesting; not always relevant but always try to make a connection with the City and the the team we are playing even if tenuous not least because I do not want to repeat what I wrote in the previous encounter between the same two clubs. 

Great read as always, thank you H. My knowledge of my homeland grows with each of your posts. I know little about Norwich other than the Delia connection and it's the home of Colman's. https://www.colmans.co.uk/colmans-story

As for today I have it as ending 1-1 which would be a decent away point. COYR.

Edited by Jerseybean
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

If we get the three points today it will definitely be time for dancing in my living room to MacArthur Park.

I save that for special occasions only.

On of the most surreal experiences of 2016 was seeing John Cooper Clarke singing Macarthur Park with Hugh Cornwell at The Forum, Kentish Town. Truly astonishing :noexp: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Against all logic atm !   but down to the unpredictably of this league , our record at Carrow Road , have a bad vibe for a narrow defeat today 

Hope I'm wrong and current form tells

A free hit and a good test of our progress :thumbsup:

COYR :city::trumpet:

Lets just hope we don`t go into meltdown on here if we do get beaten badly. Norwich as far as I can see are the sort of side that we`ll either beat narrowly or lose by a few to.

• Like 1

The way we are playing with a pretty settled team means anything can happen.  We need to convert those scoring chances we are missing though.  Not saying we have not been scoring enough, but we are missing a lot too.

I think we can come home with 3 points today and the Canaries are not looking that great with a goal difference of-4 this season.  Also Oliviera is out for them as well, so hard to see where they will be getting their goals from.

23 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Oh, I love him. Wuz ee too?

Yes, amazing stuff especially the 1st couple of albums. Went off the rails for a while and I am not sure how he survived.

I remember seeing an interview with him where they asked him about his tour of Australia, he looked shocked and claimed he no recollection of ever going there! :)

• Haha 3

Before the away games at Reading, Wolves and Norwich I suspect most fans were pretty  pessimistic and would have been delighted if we came away with 2/3 points from all 3 games.

The fact that we gained 4 points from the first 2 means that even if we lose today we have already done far better than most expected.

Perhaps it is a sign of the teams growing confidence and level of performance and fans optimism and expectation  that most will now be disappointed if we draw, let alone lose, today