IGNORED

The Official Norwich City v Bristol City Match Day Thread 9

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am not listening, but if it's the same Mark (Used to be Green-un) on here, they phone him believe it or not.

I call Radio Bristol. They call me. It's the same for everyone.

Apologies for the mistake over Woodrow. I read the tweet about Diedhiou starting in his place and didn't check the subs.

It was a decent point on reflection, but we lacked quality from several promising attacks and our rapid progress has raised my expectations.

As for not being happy, you should have heard me after Derby.

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

A great and entirely well deserved point and keeps the run going. We have shown that we can hold our own against the supposed better teams in this league and the squad is capable and working well.

Fielding 7 had little to do but what he to do he did well enough.

Wright 7 another steady game.

Flint 7 won everything in the air.

Baker 9 just gets better and better MOM.

Bryan 8 another great display.

Patterson 6 occasionally casual in dangerous positions and I wish he would hit the ball when in a good position and not stroke it, but overall played his part.

Smith 8 with the amount of touches he gets (because he is always available) he will occasionally play loose balls, one great goal saving tackle in the first half and another great overall display, should have hit the target late on.

Brownhill 7 another who is occasionally casual in dangerous position, but improving all of the time.

Leko 5 never in it and rightly subbed at half time.

Reid 6 never gives up and has to be watched at all times, sometimes over complicates things.

Diedhiou 5 far too nice and weak, needs to find an aggressive streak.

LJ 10 got everything right once more, set up, tactics and substitutions spot on, we are a difficult team to beat at the moment but still have a threat on the break.

ODowda 7 he is definitely getting stronger by the game, another who into a good position and tried to stroke the ball instead of putting his laces through it.

Taylor 7 like Reid always a threat and works so hard.

Pack 7 came on at the right time and steadied the ship again.

Think 5 for Famara is harsh. 

For me influenced the game as least as much as Bobby did while he was on, so at least a 6.

Seemed to win a lot in the air today, and had one sublime moment of skill controlling the ball out the air, turning and sending a pass across to Bobby in a good position, who should have done better. 

Thought Bobby was more wasteful today, personally. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Apologies for the mistake over Woodrow. I read the tweet about Diedhiou starting in his place and didn't check the subs.

It was a decent point on reflection, but we lacked quality from several promising attacks and our rapid progress has raised my expectations.

Yes I did.

Must admit that you had a different opinion to several times you rang last season.

:whistle:

View from the Norwich forum:

That was woeful! Their keeper didn’t even make a save! We have become more boring to watch than we were under Hughton! 

A decent draw, I suppose, but feel a bit numb upfront as we don't look like we're going to score when we attack. 

Bristol havent really created that much either, can only remember Gunn making one decent save all match.. pretty poor game all round.

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Think 5 for Famara is harsh. 

For me influenced the game as least as much as Bobby did while he was on, so at least a 6.

Seemed to win a lot in the air today, and had one sublime moment of skill controlling the ball out the air, turning and sending a pass across to Bobby in a good position, who should have done better. 

Thought Bobby was more wasteful today, personally. 

I marked him down because I don't think he is not strong enough and sometimes IMO he doesn't do enough to hold the ball up or to prevent the defender moving the ball far too easily to set up another attack, we looked more of a threat when he went off.

Yes we see glimpses but that for me make him more frustrating, but hey it's all about opinions and that is mine.

7 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Think it's why we got so unbalanced views all the time from plenty of fans. Don't get the raised expectations, need more of a even keel. If we're still playing like this in March/April fair enough but it's been a handful of games. As for the disappointment of our attacking play, they're not robots and will have off days. It's a long season ahead 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I marked him down because I don't think he is not strong enough and sometimes IMO he doesn't do enough to hold the ball up or to prevent the defender moving the ball far too easily to set up another attack, we looked more of a threat when he went off.

Yes we see glimpses but that for me make him more frustrating, but hey it's all about opinions and that is mine.

Of course all opinions. 

I guess if it's your opinion that that's Famara's main purpose in the team, to hold up the ball, then you will judge him mainly on that. I think it's not and he is linking up better every game. Equally Leko, Bobby and Matty had the ball into feet a number of times today and it didn't stick. 

Thought he held up the ball several times today, certainly won a number of flick on's. I'd like to watch the game again and see the again.

• Like 1