IGNORED

The Official Norwich City v Bristol City Match Day Thread 9

On a train back to London. I thought we looked very decent today, much better than Brentford, which was the last away game I attended. We were scrappy but we were not by any means outclassed.

Norwich had more of the game for sure but, off side effort aside, I never really felt they would score. There were a few moments where we looked quite dangerous. My big frustration was O'Dowda in the second half. If he could improve his decision making then there would be a Hell of a player there...

Edited by LondonBristolian
2 hours ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

Was he the one who made a rather dodgy comment and had to be gently rebuked by GT?

Dunno!

I was just writing a reply to Northern Red about Ian phoning from Madeira a couple of weeks ago when I heard Twentypence say "now we have Ian from Portugal!!!".

Just cracked me up!

I thought it was so ferkin hilarious I didn't actually listen to what was said!

Anyway, another good point!

Well done lads, and LJ.

Onwards and upwards.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Of course all opinions. 

I guess if it's your opinion that that's Famara's main purpose in the team, to hold up the ball, then you will judge him mainly on that. I think it's not and he is linking up better every game. Equally Leko, Bobby and Matty had the ball into feet a number of times today and it didn't stick. 

Thought he held up the ball several times today, certainly won a number of flick on's. I'd like to watch the game again and see the again.

Whoa where did I say that?.

I am not somebody who has written him off, I have seen glimpses of what he offers but today I thought his general hold up play was poor especially at times when we needed it, but worst of all he seems for a big powerful guy incredibly easy to knock off of the ball and I don't think at times that his closing down of defenders was good enough putting enough pressure on defenders thus making it easy for them to launch fresh attacks and that significantly improved when Taylor came on IMO.

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

No offence meant, but is this Farke a little bit demented?

Got to be honest, I listened to this and didn't have a Farking clue what he was saying at times.

"small sing"

"wheely doubtful"

"have to be content with a nile nile"

"five 100% chances"

"wheely big chance"

"a good basement"

........????? 

Whatever he said!!!

:dunno:

4 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Got to be honest, I listened to this and didn't have a Farking clue what he was saying at times.

"small sing"

"wheely doubtful"

"five 100% chances"

"wheely big chance"

"a good basement"

........????? 

Whatever he said!!!

He`d be a good fit up in Horfield. They just talk Farking bollocks all the time too.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

"small sing"

"wheely doubtful"

"five 100% chances"

"wheely big chance"

"a good basement"

........????? 

Whatever he said!!!

I don't recognise his Naarwich accent . 

On another note , haven't a clue what he said,  must be great for his players. :blink:

40 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Whoa where did I say that?.

I am not somebody who has written him off, I have seen glimpses of what he offers but today I thought his general hold up play was poor especially at times when we needed it, but worst of all he seems for a big powerful guy incredibly easy to knock off of the ball and I don't think at times that his closing down of defenders was good enough putting enough pressure on defenders thus making it easy for them to launch fresh attacks and that significantly improved when Taylor came on IMO.

Opinions, as I said before, I'd like to see the game again, i'll try and watch him, but my instincts watching today make me think your 5 and your analysis is a little harsh today, as I feel he won more headers than anyone else in attack and held the ball up more than anyone today as well, IMO. I remember thinking a number of times he got himself about well and looked to give an outlet, a few times out wide. Certainly not his most effective game, don't get me wrong. 

Things may have improved with Taylor, but I don't think it was because he was stronger or necessarily put more pressure on defenders, it was his movement opening up space. 

Just got back!  Ok all round performance and we bossed it second half and could have snatched a win. They never really troubled us in the second half as our defence is pretty well drilled these days. Norwich are clearly a decent ex prem outfit and any side who gets a point or more at their place is doing well. Dissa with Leko coz he gave the ball away a few times and never really showed his skills. I know he is a good player and will just put this down to an off day. 

1 hour ago, Redtucks said:

Dunno!

I was just writing a reply to Northern Red about Ian phoning from Madeira a couple of weeks ago when I heard Twentypence say "now we have Ian from Portugal!!!".

Just cracked me up!

I thought it was so ferkin hilarious I didn't actually listen to what was said!

Anyway, another good point!

Well done lads, and LJ.

Onwards and upwards.

:thumbsup:

Somebody texted / emailed Twentyman to ask why Ian gave opinions on the match as though he had watched it. Twentyman said he probably watched it via the internet, but was snotty in his reply and kept calling him “pal” in his usual way when someone says something he disagrees with.  He should remember he’s a radio presenter and try to be polite