IGNORED

The Official Norwich City v Bristol City Match Day Thread 9

18 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Somebody texted / emailed Twentyman to ask why Ian gave opinions on the match as though he had watched it. Twentyman said he probably watched it via the internet, but was snotty in his reply and kept calling him “pal” in his usual way when someone says something he disagrees with.  He should remember he’s a radio presenter and try to be polite 

I liked his response. Put the guy back in his place for a sh1tty rant about letting people on who werent there!

5 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

I call Radio Bristol. They call me. It's the same for everyone.

Apologies for the mistake over Woodrow. I read the tweet about Diedhiou starting in his place and didn't check the subs.

It was a decent point on reflection, but we lacked quality from several promising attacks and our rapid progress has raised my expectations.

As for not being happy, you should have heard me after Derby.

I put £1k on us winning the league after your Derby review. 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Just got back!  Ok all round performance and we bossed it second half and could have snatched a win. They never really troubled us in the second half as our defence is pretty well drilled these days. Norwich are clearly a decent ex prem outfit and any side who gets a point or more at their place is doing well. Dissa with Leko coz he gave the ball away a few times and never really showed his skills. I know he is a good player and will just put this down to an off day. 

I thought Leko was fouled constantly without the ref ever giving anything in his favour . 

Still he has to get used to that .

11 hours ago, nickolas said:

I liked his response. Put the guy back in his place for a sh1tty rant about letting people on who werent there!

It was Twentyman who had a rant. The other person was wrong and Twentyman was right to correct him, but not in the way he did. He was obviously angry and called the  person “pal” several times. “Pal” is the sort of name, along with “fella”, we get on the forum when there is a slanging match. Twentyman has had training to do his job and he should remember it and not lose his temper when someone says something that is wrong / he disagrees with. He’s done this before. 

He should remember the saying “respond don’t react”

Edited by pongo88
10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It was Twentyman who had a rant. The other person was wrong and Twentyman was right to correct him, but not in the way he did. He was obviously angry and called the  person “pal” several times. “Pal” is the sort of name, along with “fella”, we get on the forum when there is a slanging match. Twentyman has had training to do his job and he should remember it and not lose his temper when someone says something that is wrong / he disagrees with. He’s done this before. 

Think you're totally wrong on that one, pal.

;)

50 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I wish he would have more of a go at the people who don't go but moan about the  style of play or other things they can't have seen. 

Admittedly mainly gasheads but a few from our side, it's OK to have opinions on the result but not to criticise the performance based on radio commentary.

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I wish he would have more of a go at the people who don't go but moan about the  style of play or other things they can't have seen. 

Admittedly mainly gasheads but a few from our side, it's OK to have opinions on the result but not to criticise the performance based on radio commentary.

Absolutely. Is there a more depressing intro than `Well, I listened on the radio Geoff and I think Johnson.........`?

4 minutes ago, 22A said:

Just an afterthought. It would not be convenient for us fans, but would reduce the travelling tiredness for the players if after Norwich on the Saturday, they had two days relaxing in Norfolk or Suffolk and played at Ipswich on the Tuesday night.

And play the second team against Bolton? I know we have strength in depth but....

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

Just an afterthought. It would not be convenient for us fans, but would reduce the travelling tiredness for the players if after Norwich on the Saturday, they had two days relaxing in Norfolk or Suffolk and played at Ipswich on the Tuesday night.

It would be - fans too perhaps as you could make a decent break out of it - but I`m sure there are a lot of clubs in the league that would like to do the same and you can`t please everyone I guess.