IGNORED

The return of Eros

Negan

I’m sure the eleven will be picked on the basis that we have another tough game on Saturday....but also an international break after that.  

I see no point in risking Eros at 70, 80, 90% when he can come back raring to go, 100%.  If he is 100% then that’s different.

Bailey Wright will be travelling back from Oz (2nd leg is in Australia v Syria), that will be a factor for the 2 home games upon return.  That might make a more natural introduction.

Yet another of the nice, but tough decisions LJ has.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m sure the eleven will be picked on the basis that we have another tough game on Saturday....but also an international break after that.  

I see no point in risking Eros at 70, 80, 90% when he can come back raring to go, 100%.  If he is 100% then that’s different.

Bailey Wright will be travelling back from Oz (2nd leg is in Australia v Syria), that will be a factor for the 2 home games upon return.  That might make a more natural introduction.

Hörður`s off to Turkey too I think and has Fam been picked for Senegal -  they play Cape Verde away on the 7th.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep, good player. Another one who will play well into his 30s because his best attributes won’t decline that fast.

Would’ve quite liked us to sign him in L1, think we were linked a couple of years ago but just rumours.

Unfortunately if you Google his off field activities you will find he is a pretty disgusting human being, so I for one am glad we didn't.

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Unfortunately if you Google his off field activities you will find he is a pretty disgusting human being, so I for one am glad we didn't.

I remember now that was debated on here at the time.

Purely on playing ability though I think he’s a good player and had the potential to go further than he has done were it not for the off the field issues. 

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think it makes sense not to rush Eros back so I think LJ will probably persist with Wright at RB. If we do that, however, I think we play Leko on the left and COD on the right. Leko seemed to need the fullback pushed up more to help occupy the opposition's midfield and keep them on the back foot - this lets him get on the ball properly. Wright has done well but he was rarely past the halfway line.

In all honesty, I'd play Vyner and give someone a rest. He will get forward and whilst he made some errors defensively he needs game time to develop. I'm not underestimating Bolton but if he doesn't play in games against teams that are struggling when Eros is not fit he really should be out on loan. And in this case I think there are good tactical reasons to have him in/

On 23/09/2017 at 21:17, Negan said:

What happens when our Italian stallion returns to full fitness? He should go straight in at RB and I’d hope LJ does do that. Question is does Bailey take back his RCB position or will Lee keep Flinty there and bench the club captain?.. 

Its a nice problem to have, all these quality players fighting for a starting place. It’s a tough one but I think I’d have to bench Flinty and let BW partner Baker as it was working perfectly before. 

Wright & Baket only played 3 times together so not exactly long term held positions as Jens started the season there.

29 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Hörður`s off to Turkey too I think and has Fam been picked for Senegal -  they play Cape Verde away on the 7th.

No, not according to the Senegal squad for that game on Wikipedia he hasn't.

Hörður has been picked, but it is a week prior to our next game and he hasn't been a starter for us anyway.

34 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, wasn’t suggesting we signed him, more that he’s a handful who will make it difficult for us on Tuesday. He was excellent against us for Coventry in the JPT game a few seasons back and looks to be the focal point of Bolton’s attacks from the highlights I’ve seen this season.  If he gets the ball in to him head height and below it invariably sticks, which will get Bolton up the pitch.  Surprised he’s only 27.

49 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Blimey, what has he done?

All i can come up with is he's knocking off Adam Johnson's bird whilst he's doin time (and heeey, i've seen her)

And he hit someone once

C'maan FFS Hardly the most vile individual in my book

18 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Blimey, what has he done?

All i can come up with is he's knocking off Adam Johnson's bird whilst he's doin time (and heeey, i've seen her)

And he hit someone once

C'maan FFS Hardly the most vile individual in my book

Just a quick look shows turning up to training late and sometimes drunk. Insulting his own fans. Assaulting one of them then a few weeks later assaulting a rivals fans. 18 months inside as a result. Telling the arresting officers something like f@#ck you I'll have you all. Upon release filming himself driving recklessly driving swearing at road workers weaving through traffic driving on hard shoulder and speeding up to 110mph. Then seemingly being so proud of his actions he uploaded them online! Add to that a previous assault charge and I say he is actually pretty disgusting and at the very very least someone who would hopefully fail our DNA test!

3 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Just a quick look shows turning up to training late and sometimes drunk. Insulting his own fans. Assaulting one of them then a few weeks later assaulting a rivals fans. 18 months inside as a result. Telling the arresting officers something like f@#ck you I'll have you all. Upon release filming himself driving recklessly driving swearing at road workers weaving through traffic driving on hard shoulder and speeding up to 110mph. Then seemingly being so proud of his actions he uploaded them online! Add to that a previous assault charge and I say he is actually pretty disgusting and at the very very least someone who would hopefully fail our DNA test!

mmm,  I guess you win  :laugh:

Hold the ball up though, watch him Tuesday and we'll be ok.  Bolton seriously have nothing else.

Oh shit, I forgot Alby's return to The Gate

6 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Edit these two words, and you have a good argument

The prison sentence was actually the second time he has been convicted in the courts of assault, he attacked another bloke whilst at Carlisle and got community service.

Said he had "learnt his lesson" before the second attack (got 18 months) then filmed himself and posted it on social media doing 100mph in a 50mph zone.

So stupid as well as deeply unpleasant..

Some people are saying don't change unnecessarily and then saying put Pisano straight back in? I'm saying he has to get his shirt back, after all we have played more games without him than with him haven't we and results are good. This would be the same for every player, I like Pisano but it's a squad game and a long season. I guess Wright, Magnusson etc will be away on International duty again, so maybe opportunities will arise at the matches after they return.

On 9/23/2017 at 13:17, Negan said:

What happens when our Italian stallion returns to full fitness? He should go straight in at RB and I’d hope LJ does do that. Question is does Bailey take back his RCB position or will Lee keep Flinty there and bench the club captain?.. 

Its a nice problem to have, all these quality players fighting for a starting place. It’s a tough one but I think I’d have to bench Flinty and let BW partner Baker as it was working perfectly before. 

Seems to have become an even tougher question now. Personally, I'd still have him back in gives much more going forward and makes it easier to give Leko or Eliasson a chance down the right. BW has done a great job but for me when it comes to playing RB Eros is an upgrade.

That would mean dropping one of BW AF or NB. Most agree NB gets the nod for his steel and mainly the fact he prefers to play on the other side of the CB pairing to BW and AF. If Eros had been back sooner I would have said we should drop AF and move BW back across as I think on a technical level BW and NB is the best pairing. But as Flint has been playing there for quite a few games now it feels like that partnership is a bit more settled.

In a way, he would end up paying for I think being the best of the 3 on the ball and reading the game. That's why he played the wrong side of CB's when it was him and Flint and why he was moved to RB (a role I'm sure NB and AF would have given their all in but I doubt could have played as well as him). So I think that ends up being really hard on BW who has been great, but I would say it's the best for the team. Add the fact he will be coming back from International duty for our next game and  would say we go with JB, AF, NB, EP as back four against Burton.

Archived