IGNORED

City v Palace ... the build up Inc Ticket info (Merged)

Rocking Red Cyril

21 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I believe we can beat them, certainly. If we keep the unbeaten run rolling, definitely beatable for sure.

We beat Stoke- who played 6 of the team they played at AG vs Chelsea and would have been 7 or even 8 if not for Zouma ineligibility. At home, under the floodlights- vs a side who will surely rest a fair few in their current plight, I think we have a reasonable chance of the win.

Night matches are not the same these days with lights left on in the stands and concentrated balls of light glaring at you constantly from above the exits opposite.

From near the half way line in the Dolman I can see individual faces of fans in the South Stand and afaic. the special atmosphere of 'Ashton Gate under the lights', which made night games so atmospheric, has been lost. :(

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Night matches are not the same these days with lights left on in the stands and concentrated balls of light glaring at you constantly from above the exits opposite.

From near the half way line in the Dolman I can see individual faces of fans in the South Stand and afaic. the special atmosphere of 'Ashton Gate under the lights', which made night games so atmospheric, has been lost. :(

Have you tried wearing sun glasses ? 

50 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yeah it's definitely a problem that bit of it. I really did enjoy night games, especially Autumn onwards under the lights.

59 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Have you tried wearing sun glasses ? 

Still dark outside though Major and I'm accident prone enough as it is, without wearing shades in the dark to add to potential perils.

Before the Villa game I managed to walk straight into that goolies high fixed bollard just as you turn the corner to AG from Ashton Road, just past the programme seller.

Much amusement from onlookers at my 'OOOOF' exclamation of pain and surprise, but I wasn't smiling at the time I can assure you.

Archived