IGNORED

City v Palace ... the build up Inc Ticket info (Merged)

Rocking Red Cyril

I would hope in line with Stoke prices.

Would love them to agree a cheaper price and get 20k down there as I know of 2 floating fans with kids who enjoyed Stoke and are up for Palace - a good chance to capture a couple of thousand more !! 

edit - I would imagine tickets to priority group 1 about 1st October type date !!

10 minutes ago, Neo said:

I would hope in line with Stoke prices.

Would love them to agree a cheaper price and get 20k down there as I know of 2 floating fans with kids who enjoyed Stoke and are up for Palace - a good chance to capture a couple of thousand more !! 

edit - I would imagine tickets to priority group 1 about 1st October type date !!

yes makes sense, I priority group 2, I think. Hope we not on TV cause do feel it causes many to not bother going.

So Palace suffered another disaster today and continue their nightmare start to the Prem season, yet to score a single goal and lost all league games to date...

Before travelling to The Gate for their League Cup clash against us in a few weeks time  Palace face tough Perm games versus, Man U.. Chelsea.. and Newcastle...  not easy to see them getting much joy in confidence boosting hopes from those games.... What state of depression or otherwise will Roys Boys be in when they run out onto the Ashton Gate pitch for our game?

They've already suffered a record breaking embarrassment of a start to their 17/18 campaign with little/no signs so far of turning things around... when they roll into Bristol to face us they are already in a no win situation, as the Prem side the footballing world will be expecting them to beat us so not much chance of praise if they do beat us... but if, as is very possible, we succeed in taking ANOTHER Premier League scalp they will be well and truly shattered confidence wise and their top league future status prospects will be looking very precarious as early as mid October...

This is one Prem side we surely can look forward to meeting with no trepidation at all... everyone will expect the Prem side to win anyway and we will have nothing to lose but everything to realistically gain..

So will Roy perform a miracle in the aforementioned matches between now and then?  Will they be ready, physically and mentally to face the mighty Reds???  Or will we take advantage of their plight and further embarrass them ???

I can feel a semi coming on already ;) 

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

So Palace suffered another disaster today and continue their nightmare start to the Prem season, yet to score a single goal and lost all league games to date...

Before travelling to The Gate for their League Cup clash against us in a few weeks time  Palace face tough Perm games versus, Man U.. Chelsea.. and Newcastle...  not easy to see them getting much joy in confidence boosting hopes from those games.... What state of depression or otherwise will Roys Boys be in when they run out onto the Ashton Gate pitch for our game?

They've already suffered a record breaking embarrassment of a start to their 17/18 campaign with little/no signs so far of turning things around... when they roll into Bristol to face us they are already in a no win situation, as the Prem side the footballing world will be expecting them to beat us so not much chance of praise if they do beat us... but if, as is very possible, we succeed in taking ANOTHER Premier League scalp they will be well and truly shattered confidence wise and their top league future status prospects will be looking very precarious as early as mid October...

This is one Prem side we surely can look forward to meeting with no trepidation at all... everyone will expect the Prem side to win anyway and we will have nothing to lose but everything to realistically gain..

So will Roy perform a miracle in the aforementioned matches between now and then?  Will they be ready, physically and mentally to face the mighty Reds???  Or will we take advantage of their plight and further embarrass them ???

Can we just concentrate on the football.........

6 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I feel just a quarter .

:blink:

In all seriousness, whilst their games look very tough who's to say that they won't get a confidence boosting result somewhere that launches their season ? 

If they lose all their games before meeting us , if I was their manager , I would be telling them that this is their chance to get a result and start their season off properly.

As we all know football has a habit of turning form on it's head , that's why it's such an appealing sport .

I hope our form continues but if we start to believe that Tuesday's game against Bolton is a given three points , we will not get a result .

We need to fight and win each  individual battle on the pitch until the final whistle.

We need to come into this match against established Prem players full of confidence and energy or , despite their awful start , their little bit of difference in class could make us pay.

That said , we should beat Strapon and Palace .

Upwards and , yes why not ? , upwards again.

Zaha and Sakho will be available, Sakho hadn't started until yesterday and Zaha still isn't fit currently. If they both play, which they may not, I suspect it'll be a very tough game.

It probably makes sense for Hodgson to play a slightly weakened team, as they really need to focus on PL survival and get all the points they can. Difficult game, but certainly winnable.

When was the last year we got to the QF of the league cup or FA Cup?

5 minutes ago, Distortia said:

Zaha and Sakho will be available, Sakho hadn't started until yesterday and Zaha still isn't fit currently. If they both play, which they may not, I suspect it'll be a very tough game.

It probably makes sense for Hodgson to play a slightly weakened team, as they really need to focus on PL survival and get all the points they can. Difficult game, but certainly winnable.

When was the last year we got to the QF of the league cup or FA Cup?

I think Benteke went off injured yesterday too, no idea how bad.

Archived