IGNORED

City v Palace ... the build up Inc Ticket info (Merged)

Rocking Red Cyril

4 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Football's a funny old game as they say....... Do us well to remember that this Tuesday as well.....keeping feet on the ground for team and supporters time me thinks. .

Aye. I have no problem with the side going into the Bolton game feeling confident that they can and will win but just don`t step over that narrow line into over-confidence.

10 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

So Palace suffered another disaster today and continue their nightmare start to the Prem season, yet to score a single goal and lost all league games to date...

Before travelling to The Gate for their League Cup clash against us in a few weeks time  Palace face tough Perm games versus, Man U.. Chelsea.. and Newcastle...  not easy to see them getting much joy in confidence boosting hopes from those games.... What state of depression or otherwise will Roys Boys be in when they run out onto the Ashton Gate pitch for our game?

They've already suffered a record breaking embarrassment of a start to their 17/18 campaign with little/no signs so far of turning things around... when they roll into Bristol to face us they are already in a no win situation, as the Prem side the footballing world will be expecting them to beat us so not much chance of praise if they do beat us... but if, as is very possible, we succeed in taking ANOTHER Premier League scalp they will be well and truly shattered confidence wise and their top league future status prospects will be looking very precarious as early as mid October...

This is one Prem side we surely can look forward to meeting with no trepidation at all... everyone will expect the Prem side to win anyway and we will have nothing to lose but everything to realistically gain..

So will Roy perform a miracle in the aforementioned matches between now and then?  Will they be ready, physically and mentally to face the mighty Reds???  Or will we take advantage of their plight and further embarrass them ???

I can feel a semi coming on already ;) 

Interesting view. It could also be seen as they can't wait to get a break from the premier league and it's opponents and will relish a cup tie against lower league opposition, with the chance of making it into the wuarter finals of a major competition. 

I think we are some way off being able to take Premier league opposition lightly just yet..! 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

WInteresting view. It could also be seen as they can't wait to get a break from the premier league and it's opponents and will relish a cup tie against lower league opposition, with the chance of making it into the wuarter finals of a major competition. 

I think we are some way off being able to take Premier league opposition lightly just yet..! 

This. When you are on a bad run you look for the chance to get a win and their game against us will be just that.  Games coming up for them against Man U, Chelsea, Newcastle, Bristol City. Which one to them looks like the best chance to turn things round? Lets not get carried away yet. We couldn't beat Norwich yesterday!

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Interesting view. It could also be seen as they can't wait to get a break from the premier league and it's opponents and will relish a cup tie against lower league opposition, with the chance of making it into the wuarter finals of a major competition. 

Not taking anything particularly lightly, but I'd be less happy if we were due to face say Gillingham once again.

Its a pretty unique situation that Palace are in right now and we seem to be generally pretty buoyant at the moment too, form is all too often fleeting I know... but if we had played Palace instead of Stoke or Watford for instance as things currently are I'd have fancied us against CP more than I did against those two... so notwithstanding big upturn/downturn in form for either side before we meet then yes I do fancy our chances, end of the day its 11 v 11 on the pitch and anything as we all know is possible but right now you'd have to agree the current omens are looking more favourable for us than we'd perhaps normally expect...

The longer things continue in the same vein of form for both sides the better... sooner than later Roy will sort them out to one extent than another and fingers crossed it won't be before the cup tie...

Take nothing for granted a always but if Palace had kept Man City at bay this weekend I'd have been less hopeful for us... as they got hammered it kind of bodes well. 

Its very much :fingerscrossed:time for us... but thanks to the recent efforts from Lee & the lads I think we can afford to dare to dream at the moment don't you?   ... they've earned it.  COYR's

2 hours ago, marmite said:

This. When you are on a bad run you look for the chance to get a win and their game against us will be just that.  Games coming up for them against Man U, Chelsea, Newcastle, Bristol City. Which one to them looks like the best chance to turn things round? Lets not get carried away yet. We couldn't beat Norwich yesterday!

Not sure if I love this comment or hate it ... :) 

19 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

So Palace suffered another disaster today and continue their nightmare start to the Prem season, yet to score a single goal and lost all league games to date...

Before travelling to The Gate for their League Cup clash against us in a few weeks time  Palace face tough Perm games versus, Man U.. Chelsea.. and Newcastle...  not easy to see them getting much joy in confidence boosting hopes from those games.... What state of depression or otherwise will Roys Boys be in when they run out onto the Ashton Gate pitch for our game?

They've already suffered a record breaking embarrassment of a start to their 17/18 campaign with little/no signs so far of turning things around... when they roll into Bristol to face us they are already in a no win situation, as the Prem side the footballing world will be expecting them to beat us so not much chance of praise if they do beat us... but if, as is very possible, we succeed in taking ANOTHER Premier League scalp they will be well and truly shattered confidence wise and their top league future status prospects will be looking very precarious as early as mid October...

This is one Prem side we surely can look forward to meeting with no trepidation at all... everyone will expect the Prem side to win anyway and we will have nothing to lose but everything to realistically gain..

So will Roy perform a miracle in the aforementioned matches between now and then?  Will they be ready, physically and mentally to face the mighty Reds???  Or will we take advantage of their plight and further embarrass them ???

I can feel a semi coming on already ;) 

Good for you, I can't get up for this one.:yawn:

10 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Whilst they are struggling they still have a lot of quality. 

Ok, I accept, Prem is light years ahead of Championship, but in reality, and a genuine question (because I have zero interest in Prem), do they really have a lot of quality? They’ve played 6 lost 6 in the league and their defeats include 

11 minutes ago, redsontour said:

Ok, I accept, Prem is light years ahead of Championship, but in reality, and a genuine question (because I have zero interest in Prem), do they really have a lot of quality? They’ve played 6 lost 6 in the league and their defeats include 

A little bit....

Mamadou Sakho, Scott Dann, Patrick Van Anholt, Jeff Schlupp, Yohan Cabaye, Christian Benteke, Andros Townsend, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, etc

Does that guarantee success? Nope!

I can't see them playing anything other than a weakened team.

Premier League survival has to be their main concern.

All of their best players will most certainly be rested before that crucial game following against West Ham.

This cup is only a distraction.

If they hadn't had such a terrible start then I would say they would've targeted the match as very winnable to go further in the competition.

Despite the rivalry they are a Premier League team and will have match winners in their reserve team.

Plus point ...... there's a chance of yet another Bristol City v Crystal Palace 'ghost goal' situation....   (I think I'm correct in saying) Hawkeye goalline technology won't be operational as its a night game under floodlights... how brilliant would it be if we win courtesy of them getting a valid goal ruled out....

Enjoy a Warnock replay view of it... :) 

Unlikely but lightening can strike twice.. :fingerscrossed:

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

A little bit....

Mamadou Sakho, Scott Dann, Patrick Van Anholt, Jeff Schlupp, Yohan Cabaye, Christian Benteke, Andros Townsend, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, etc

Does that guarantee success? Nope!

I saw their line up on motdthe other night and thought there was a lot of talent there, if they get it right against us, they will maul us. They are obviously on a bad run and it's a good time for us to play them, but people on here are getting massively over excited about our start to the season,  and need to reduce their expectations as we aren't even in October yet.

On 9/24/2017 at 15:36, Red Army Faction said:

By the time this game comes around Roy with have drilled them and organised them.  We'll have to be at our best to break them down. Think it will be a tight game that I can see going to extra time.  

If they carry on like they are Roy will be sacked before they come here

I believe we can beat them, certainly. If we keep the unbeaten run rolling, definitely beatable for sure.

We beat Stoke- who played 6 of the team they played at AG vs Chelsea and would have been 7 or even 8 if not for Zouma ineligibility. At home, under the floodlights- vs a side who will surely rest a fair few in their current plight, I think we have a reasonable chance of the win.

Read this in the Standard yesterday:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-prepare-for-daunting-manchester-united-trip-with-a-behindcloseddoors-friendly-against-a3642771.html

Crystal Palace have arranged a behind-closed-doors friendly against National League side Bromley as manager Roy Hodgson runs the rule over his struggling squad.

Palace remain rooted to the bottom of the Premier League after their 5-0 defeat at Manchester City on Saturday and they are now the first Premier League club to lose their opening six matches without scoring.

Hodgson will use Wednesday’s fixture at their Beckenham training ground to give a run-out to players who have had limited game time this season.

The manager, two weeks into his new job, is assessing his options with Palace in the midst of a testing run of fixtures as they go to Manchester United on Saturday and host champions Chelsea on October 14

17 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So the game is scheduled for Tues 24th Oct.  Any idea when tickets will go on sale?

How many are Palace likely to bring and is the pricing likely to be similar to the Potters game?

Quarter finals here we come.

£12 for adults and ST and members can buy from 10am tomorrow. Feel that's a reasonable price and hopefully we can get a big crowd in.  

Archived