IGNORED

Dean Holden extended interview on Radio Bristol

Never to the dark side

Yes, really enjoyed that. Sounds like Mani, out the Roses (nothing wrong with that). I didn't hear it all - a few interruptions here - but caught him responding to, I think, Geoff asking how tough it is with opponents like Villa and clubs with parachute payments, DH saying something like we might lack the £££s of some clubs, but "why can't we be world class in fitness and team spirit and..." he listed a few other things you can excel in and match the top clubs whoever you are. Exactly, DH, just what many of us have thought for a while.

There are ways we can "compete" with these clubs, as other smaller clubs have demonstrated. So why cannot Bristol City do this too?

Bravo, Dean Holden (and by extension, LJ). Keep up the good work.

7 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

I love it how LJ and others have infiltrated peoples minds with laughable buzz words. Pop up all the time. Never heard it with SC.

Last season I would have agreed - Noticeable that the cliches and buzz words have all but dissapeared this season - all three have been sensible , grounded , relaxed and good in their interviews this season

11 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

I love it how LJ and others have infiltrated peoples minds with laughable buzz words. Pop up all the time. Never heard it with SC.

None of what he wrote could be described as ‘laughable buzzwords’ - ‘huge work ethic’ and ‘positive attitude’ are a bit cliched maybe, but they’re just football cliches. In fact I bet SC said both of those during his time here.

It’s a real stretch - even for you - to try and turn that into some sort of LJ criticism. 

3 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Have noticed that whenever a managerial vacancy comes up in leagues 1 or 2 at a Northern club, more often than not he is towards the top of the betting. 

And Oldham have just got rid of Sheridan today (for the third time IIIRC)

Did wonder whether DH might throw his hat in ring - does sound as if he's enjoying it here and his family are settled down here

The bloke oozes passion for his job and is obviously well and truly embedded in the club. Spoke very well, almost convinced myself that he was the head coach for a moment. Interesting insight into how the dynamic of the coaching set up works and how much detail they go into every day of the week. It was interesting the comment GT made about Tomlin and his commute which he side stepped quite well. Whilst things are going well the whole club is working like a well oiled machine, long may it continue!

Only caught the last 20 mins but was very impressed. 

Never previously warmed to the guy for some reason. Always looked a little glum, downbeat and detached. Clearly, in this instance, appearances are deceptive.

After that interview, happy to welcome him into the bosom of the Club! 

48 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Only caught the last 20 mins but was very impressed. 

Never previously warmed to the guy for some reason. Always looked a little glum, downbeat and detached. Clearly, in this instance, appearances are deceptive.

After that interview, happy to welcome him into the bosom of the Club! 

Standard northerner then :ph34r:

As for the interview I thought it was very good, clearly this isn't just another job for him and that's the sort of person whose good for a club behind the scenes. By the sounds of it the guys we have, the main 3, Luke Williams, Tinnion, the analysts, scouts etc are all willing to go that extra bit by their own choice rather than just doing it as its their job. I loved the sound of the open door policy where anyone including any of the analysts can walk in and suggest an idea.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Last season I would have agreed - Noticeable that the cliches and buzz words have all but dissapeared this season - all three have been sensible , grounded , relaxed and good in their interviews this season

Growing into the job(media) Has a passion you can tell Manchester lad,loves the game puts everything in.

Am I right in remembering that JM in his early days running the U23s came in for some stick for his interviews.

Seems we  now       have a management team singing from the same hymn sheet.

Archived