IGNORED

Dean Holden extended interview on Radio Bristol

Never to the dark side

12 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

I love it how LJ and others have infiltrated peoples minds with laughable buzz words. Pop up all the time. Never heard it with SC.

Correct. Cotts' "lucky pants" phrase was a technical term that meant nothing to a layman such as meself. If it hadn't been for @spudski explaining the technical meaning of "lucky pants" and another one about seeing, or needing to see, magpies driving to AG on a matchday, I'd still be in the dark.

I've just listened to it and what a refreshing hour that was. His passion for the job comes across in bucket loads and a lot of very sensible information and answers to questions.

The only question not asked that I would like to hear an answer to is that he is nominally our attack coach yet he played his whole career as a defender.

Could it be that a defender will know how defenders react to given situations so the coaching emphasis will be to do the opposite. A bit like the old police adage that it takes a thief to catch a thief.

But an enthralling hour and it's great to see/hear how open the club is now with supporters. Young modern fans are so lucky whereas we had a couple of very intensely edited lines on the back page of the Evil Post and a couple of pages in the Green 'Un.

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Interesting interview and he does come across as a thoroughly decent bloke. Not sure if many knew but he and his family suffered a horrific tragedy a few years ago: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/17-month-old-daughter-footballer-dean-holden-689623 

That's awful. 

No parent should have to bury their child. 

• Admin

Didn't realise he was married to Danielle Nicholls

For those not old enough to remember, she was the kids TV totty presenter before Holly Willoughby

After the kids TV work dried up can remember her doing a few "risky" adult shows, remember her learning to pole dance once :ph34r:

Image result

Archived