IGNORED

Beating Bolton 6-0 last season

Robbored

I was in the Atyeo right next to the Bolton fans at that game and we were amused when they started chanting 'We want ONE' in response to our 'We want seven'!!

Interestingly, nobody gave their fans any stick after the game. Their fans gathered around the tunnel as the teams walked off and hurled abuse and waved money at their own players. One of them even took his Bolton shirt off and threw it at them in disgust. Our steward tried to hand it back but he just threw it again.

We just quietly left - I knew how they must have been feeling as I have felt the same way before, when City got a dicking or are relegated.

Just the sort of tricky home game that if you get complacent, it's as easy to lose 0-1 as it is to win 3 or 4 nil. Happily take 2-0 right now, goal in each half, another game to add to the unbeaten run, another 3pts to the total. But the attitude has to be right.

46 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Why do you bother coming on here if it's pointless,? The thread was just getting interesting when it disappeared, server error Tomarse?

I didn't see the last one. I foolishly clicked on this thread thinking I'd read something interesting about Tuesday's opponents not a pointless one liner bemoaning another no doubt equally shite thread being merged/deleted. Lesson learnt!

This is a banana skin. Exactly the kind of game we're likely to take for granted, believing our own hype around our good form. 

We'll learn as much about our team tomorrow as we have in any of the recent tougher tests. 

Based on form, I'd almost expect 3 points, but that's exactly the wrong mentality to have. Hoping the players keep the focus that has brought recent results and don't see this as a match against the leagues current whipping boys. 

All that said, well keen for a few extra on the old goal difference! COYR!

3 hours ago, Juan Kerr said:

Feeble excuse!

I'd have taken him with me if the hospital would have allowed it. Start 'em young. 

1 hour ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

About 18/12 I think. 

Superb. 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

The game was in  the afternoon. You could still have made it!

I didn't say where he was born!

Is cloughs old man still laughing at Bristol City??

4 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I was in the Atyeo right next to the Bolton fans at that game and we were amused when they started chanting 'We want ONE' in response to our 'We want Seven".

I loved the "Your ears are offside chant" directed at clough when he didn't even come on haha.

Archived