IGNORED

Beating Bolton 6-0 last season

Robbored

6 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I was in the Atyeo right next to the Bolton fans at that game and we were amused when they started chanting 'We want ONE' in response to our 'We want seven'!!

Interestingly, nobody gave their fans any stick after the game. Their fans gathered around the tunnel as the teams walked off and hurled abuse and waved money at their own players. One of them even took his Bolton shirt off and threw it at them in disgust. Our steward tried to hand it back but he just threw it again.

We just quietly left - I knew how they must have been feeling as I have felt the same way before, when City got a dicking or are relegated.

Can remember reading after, and even recently, Bolton fans saying that the 6-0 defeat to “Bristol City” was the lowest part in their time following the club. Can see where they are coming from. I think to put it in our perspective would be being beat 6-0 away to Gillingham and being relegated to L2?.. 

same again please Lee :laughcont:

Personally I find it pretty cruel that the EFL's fixture computer has put our next match a mile away from where I live. So I will be enduring what looks like another thrashing tomorrow along with another 150 (as of Saturday, according to the ticket office) brave souls.

Promoted in 2015, they have managed to scramble to safety in the last two seasons, but this year look they have found their feet in this division. The gamble of paying £3m for an unknown striker from the French league in their first season back paid off as not only did they avoid relegation but then sold Jonathan Kodjia to Aston Villa for £11m, thus stabilizing the whole club off the pitch. After Tammy Abraham more than filled that role last season, they have tried a similar ploy, signing Famara Dhiedou for £5.3m in the summer from French club Angers. However it is the coming of age of a number of longer standing players such as home grown youngsters Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid, and long standing players Aden Flint and Korey Smith that has seen them develop into a seemingly decent Championship side.  

Last home game out Bristol City played superbly well to defeat Derby 4-1. The same Derby who should have led 7 or 8 nil at half time at the Macron a few weeks ago. Hard then to be optimistic about our chances, and every chance we will see the "Bounce around the ground" anthem (to the tune of yellow submarine) in full flight.

Karacan is suspended for this one, meaning even less options in central midfield. Surely anybody authorized to enter Lostock in a playing capacity has a chance of being selected for this one? Can any team selection avoid defeat? How about:

Alnwick; Little, Wheater, Burke, Taylor; Noone, Pratley, Earing, Morais, Robinson; Madine. 4-5-1. Robinson as an attacking left sided midfielder as I can't think of anyone else to play there. Beevers dropped, Cullen dropped as both have proved to be not up to it in this league so far. Youngster Earing to get his chance, with absolutely nothing to lose imho.  

Hard to see this not being a depressingly long evening, but mustering a weary COYW.

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Their forum is fantastic hahahahah

http://the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26669&sid=2a767b701e0524833f5465e937928d3a

"Pants down and six of the best. Again."

Feel sorry for them tbh - they've had a crap few years

And we've all been there !

Decent set of supporters in my experience

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yep, quite like Bolton, cliche but its never nice to see a side that was in the Premiership slip so far on and off the pitch. Hope we stuff em, but hope they stay up.

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yep, quite like Bolton, cliche but its never nice to see a side that was in the Premiership slip so far on and off the pitch. Hope we stuff em, but hope they stay up.

They (Supporters) never got above themselves when they were doing well under Sam in Premiership either

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

They (Supporters) never got above themselves when they were doing well under Sam in Premiership either

Yeah I was gonna say that too, the antithesis of Bournemouth and Palace in my eyes, the Bolton fans I've met have all been good lads.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Decent set of supporters in my experience

Yeah proper fans, it's not like they have any big clubs anywhere close!!!

The only thing against them wasn't it Gartside? the then chairman that wanted to shut the door on promotion to the top flight?

Anyway iv nothing but respect for fans of small clubs, like ours!!!

36 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Interesting to read on their forum about their terrible record at Ashton Gate. They've won here four times in their entire history, two of them being pre World War 1 and had no wins in 23 visits between 1907 and. 1994! 0-1 it is tonight then. Sigh.

I'd forgotten that we were a bogey side for them. I remember that 1994 defeat - one of the only times I stood in the open end. Must have been the season before the Atyeo was built.

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

Interesting to read on their forum about their terrible record at Ashton Gate. They've won here four times in their entire history, two of them being pre World War 1 and had no wins in 23 visits between 1907 and. 1994! 0-1 it is tonight then. Sigh.

The first time I saw Bolton at AG Frank Worthington was playing for them (Slarti and 60sman probably saw Nat Lofthouse ).

The last time they were here after 2-0, they just gave up, credit that they were able to bounce straight back up after that...

• Admin

To me tonight will show how far that we have come as a side, historically these are the sort of games we stumble through, often not getting all three points

One glint of concern was that we didn't fire on all cylinders at Carrow Road on Saturday, let's hope that was a one off more so than a drop in form

Bit of a cliche but a nice early goal tonight could settle everyone down to a big 3 points tonight

• Admin
15 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Their forum is fantastic hahahahah

http://the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26669&sid=2a767b701e0524833f5465e937928d3a

"Pants down and six of the best. Again."

Shout out to the guy looking forward to going almost two weeks unbeaten after their game against Villa at the weekend ;) 

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thinking 2-0 perhaps.

6-0 and 5-0 or similar predictions is wide of the mark IMO...a team already becoming adrift at the bottom will be fighting very hard and will be a tough nut to crack in some ways. Of course if we score early, the dynamics will change considerably but the longer it's 0-0...

:laugh:.

I should have stuck a few quid on correct score.

Archived