IGNORED

Ross County manager sacked

The Dolman Pragmatist

I could claim to have been there , wouldn't know if I was though. Anyone know where it was and who it was against?

3 minutes ago, Dingbat said:

Was it against Wolves, opening day of the season? He made he debut with some other young 'un whose name eludes me, i think? Mike someone?

Under Osman, I remember the game. Wasn't that the one we had loads locked out when over 4k turned up on the day. I remember there being 2 youngsters playing but not their names. I'll try and check that one.

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I could claim to have been there , wouldn't know if I was though. Anyone know where it was and who it was against?

Under Osman, I remember the game. Wasn't that the one we had loads locked out when over 4k turned up on the day. I remember there being 2 youngsters playing but not their names. I'll try and check that one.

Careful now....down with this sort of thing.....sound like another local team !

It's true though, I was there.

11 minutes ago, Dingbat said:

Ah, it could have been Wyatt and Hewlett that day - in which case, no i can't claim to have seen McIntyre's only appearance.

Yes, it was Hewlett and Wyatt who made their debuts in the first match of the 1993 season at Wolves (having played in a testimonial against Man Utd - along with Jason Fowler - at the end of the previous season).  I've no idea who McIntyre played against for us, though I remember him being talked about as a promising young winger (I think).  Wasn't he also on the coaching staff briefly under McInnes?

31 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Was it away, we were on the lower tier on the side? Hot day if that was it...

One end of the ground was a building site.

Osman left Dziekanowski out of the starting line up, they had a player sent off, Steve Bull had a stormer (natch)

We lost 3-1.

31 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Careful now....down with this sort of thing.....sound like another local team !

It's true though, I was there.

Me too. Got to within a few places of the turnstile, to be told it was full....bastards.

Mind you, we did lose 3-1, I seem to remember.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

How many on this forum can claim to have seen Jim McIntyre's one and only appearance for City?

I remember him being in the squad here. No idea if I happened to see his only appearance. 

Mid it was at home, then I probably did. Without realising it! 

4 hours ago, glynriley said:

One end of the ground was a building site.

Osman left Dziekanowski out of the starting line up, they had a player sent off, Steve Bull had a stormer (natch)

We lost 3-1.

Martin Scott scored for us, Mark Venus sent off for them. I remember it raining cups of piss/coffee and the stewards doing nothing!

I was at the Wolves game, first match of 1993-94 season. If memory serves it correct, I believe that Matt Hewlett and Mike Wyatt made their debuts.

I don't think Jim McIntyre was in the side because according to Wikipedia, he was at Airdrieonians from season 1993 to 1996. I think his only game for us was in 1991 or '92.

I also don't remember Wayne Brown in the side and Wiki states his only appearance for City came a season later.

I do remember that we lost 3-1 on a stinking hot day, parked in Morrisons and did enough shopping after to get free parking. Worked just up the road in Telford and lived in Shrewsbury.

PS. Great to see Shrews at the top of League One. Saw lots of games at the Gay Meadow and a pint afterwards in a pub near the ground run by Larry Lloyd's brother (Gashead) who always threatened to throw me out for supporting City. 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I was at the Wolves game, first match of 1993-94 season. If memory serves it correct, I believe that Matt Hewlett and Mike Wyatt made their debuts.

I don't think Jim McIntyre was in the side because according to Wikipedia, he was at Airdrieonians from season 1993 to 1996. I think his only game for us was in 1991 or '92.

I also don't remember Wayne Brown in the side and Wiki states his only appearance for City came a season later.

I do remember that we lost 3-1 on a stinking hot day, parked in Morrisons and did enough shopping after to get free parking. Worked just up the road in Telford and lived in Shrewsbury.

PS. Great to see Shrews at the top of League One. Saw lots of games at the Gay Meadow and a pint afterwards in a pub near the ground run by Larry Lloyd's brother (Gashead) who always threatened to throw me out for supporting City. 

Bill at the Cross Foxes, had a few beers there in my time.

Was involved helping Crawfs with the youth team at that time -

He got a few through to make First Team appearances, although none of them made a career here - Micky the most sucessful

Mike Wyatt

McIntyre

Micky Mellon

Paul Milsom

Jason Fowler

Not bad from an old fashioned youth team , no academy - Not Bad for a then Div One Club

IMO Wyatt could have been more of a success given the opportunity -  lightening quick and great attitude 

Jason Fowler had oodles of ability on ball and was another nice lad but maybe lacked a ruthless / nasty side to fulfil his promise

9 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

How many on this forum can claim to have seen Jim McIntyre's one and only appearance for City?

YES I was there at wolves  (for another defeat !)   I had a brief chat with him around 3/4 years ago in the Williams stand ,  And said to him I can recall that match  , he was taken back   by that !

Archived