IGNORED

Matchday Hospitality

iamalagerdrinker

10 minutes ago, Dave L said:

Not sure that's still the case. The Heineken Lounge offers an upscale but not 'corporate ' day out. Good buffet, cash bar, DJ creating a lively atmosphere, Paul Cheesely hosting. I tried it for the Twente game and really enjoyed it.  

The Lansdown restaurant offers a more traditional sit down experience with 3 different rates: gold, diamond and platinum.  I host in there, and we're aiming to have some quality guests for me to interview . Andy Townsend was in for the Villa game, with Norman Hunter lined up for Leeds. We're looking at getting in some proper City legends over the season. Things will evolve over the season, but @Mkellyis keen to create a quality day out for those who are prepared to spend a bit extra for a memorable day out.  

I'm just questioning if the value is greater as a pay as you go customer against that of a season ticket holder who already has a match day ticket.

There have been a few occasions where I would have considered some degree of 'additional' spend, but if that spend means you are technically buying a second point of entry then it doesn't really add up.

Maybe that is something (certainly at the lower end of the scale that is less formal), that could be raised? Could the football club re-sell your seat and the perceived value of that be offset against the upgraded experience for example? If a £75 match day experience be discounted to £40/£45 experience then I would imagine there would be an increase in interest.

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Really? Compared to other major Zoo's it woefull. Nice grounds but come on, they don't have many of the really cool animals. 

As an ex-employee of BZ, please define 'really cool animals'.

It's not Longleat I'll grant you but it has Lions, Gorillas, Penguins etc. 

I think Lions are pretty cool and anyone whom has watched Madagscar knows that the Penguins and the Lemurs win the film (both on show at BZ).

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I think Lions are pretty cool and anyone whom has watched Madagscar knows that the Penguins and the Lemurs win the film (both on show at BZ).

Does the zoo have any Minions? I like the way they go crazy over bananas.

5 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

It does have those animals, yes. But then it is a Zoo!!

Does it have Elephants, Giraffes, Tigers..? 

I don't think you can compare a Zoo with a safari park (unless you are on the committee who set the pricing for Bristol Zoo. They seem to manage it!)

I don't think Bristol Zoo's animals are a patch on Paingnton Zoo, personally. 

As I've said, the grounds are nice but I think the animals are disappointing compare to what other zoo's offer. 

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't think you can compare a Zoo with a safari park (unless you are on the committee who set the pricing for Bristol Zoo. They seem to manage it!)

As I've said, the grounds are nice but I think the animals are disappointing compare to what other zoo's offer. 

Bristol zoo is still mourning the loss of Wendy the elephant.

Gone, but unable to forget. 

2 hours ago, Dave L said:

Not sure that's still the case. The Heineken Lounge offers an upscale but not 'corporate ' day out. Good buffet, cash bar, DJ creating a lively atmosphere, Paul Cheesely hosting. I tried it for the Twente game and really enjoyed it.  

The Lansdown restaurant offers a more traditional sit down experience with 3 different rates: gold, diamond and platinum.  I host in there, and we're aiming to have some quality guests for me to interview . Andy Townsend was in for the Villa game, with Norman Hunter lined up for Leeds. We're looking at getting in some proper City legends over the season. Things will evolve over the season, but @Mkellyis keen to create a quality day out for those who are prepared to spend a bit extra for a memorable day out.  

So, Heineken lounge is open for games then? Read on here in one or 2 places that it wasn't.

On the theme of guests, speakers...plugging into the theme of other threads might I suggest Terry Cooper??

Am sure he has some great, captivating and generally quite inspiring stories in City's revival from rock bottom, the darkest of days.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm afraid political correctness has seen that zoos like Bristol with limited room will never have the larger animals, though when I was a lad even I thought it seemed wrong to cage large animals in a cage, the likes of paignton with their mini safari park like enclosures are better if not exactly perfect, zoos maybe the only way some animals continue to survive.  

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Bristol zoo is rubbish, I’d travel to Paignton every time rather than go to BZ.

You can get round BZ in about 2 or 3hrs, PZ you need a whole day there so is much better value for money. 

5 hours ago, pillred said:

I'm afraid political correctness has seen that zoos like Bristol with limited room will never have the larger animals, though when I was a lad even I thought it seemed wrong to cage large animals in a cage, the likes of paignton with their mini safari park like enclosures are better if not exactly perfect, zoos maybe the only way some animals continue to survive.  

I'm not sure animal welfare and political correctness are one in the same.

11 hours ago, Judda said:

Valid point about us season ticket holders... seems far less attractive for us.

But the point is, it is aimed at those who have too much money and not enough football nous, it's like having a meal and taking in a show, at the same time. Nah liked my football served up East End style, standing and singing... to me football is war, (if you no what I mean) :chant6ez: 

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

So, Heineken lounge is open for games then? Read on here in one or 2 places that it wasn't.

On the theme of guests, speakers...plugging into the theme of other threads might I suggest Terry Cooper??

Am sure he has some great, captivating and generally quite inspiring stories in City's revival from rock bottom, the darkest of days.

The HL is only open for some games, depending on demand. We'd love to get Terry in for a game, but he lives abroad now, and hasn't been in the best of health recently. 

7 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

But the point is, it is aimed at those who have too much money and not enough football nous, it's like having a meal and taking in a show, at the same time. Nah liked my football served up East End style, standing and singing... to me football is war, (if you no (know) what I mean) :chant6ez: 

Know you 'flippin iriot :facepalm:

7 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

But the point is, it is aimed at those who have too much money and not enough football nous, it's like having a meal and taking in a show, at the same time. Nah liked my football served up East End style, standing and singing... to me football is war, (if you no what I mean) :chant6ez: 

It does appear to favour those who are occasional visitors, maybe there is a gap in the market for a 'season ticket special' Heineken event, where for a fair upgrade price those who are put off at the thought of paying twice for entry could try it at a price that doesn't include the cost of the seating?

@Mkelly

19 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

They used to have an albino penguin. That was pretty cool

Archived