IGNORED

Gareth Barry

Super

I believe he holds the record for yellow cards, too.  

He's delightfully passive-aggressive.  As cynical in the tackle as you like and it's always "Who me ref? Not me, I would never have done anything like that deliberately", with his hands in the air and a perfectly straight face.

He makes me laugh!

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Seemed decent when I saw him play for England - great achievement.

Gave us good balance in a spell where we often just picked the best players and shoe horned them in.  Happy to do the dirty work.

Had a varied career, position-wise....starting as a LCB in a three for Villa, to then going LM, where he scored a lot goals, but wanted to play CM, high is where he ended up.

5 minutes ago, David Brent said:

1 better. 632 is also far from farcical.

Are you being disingenuous?  Read what i said.  Premier League records are a farce. You might as well say, who has made the most appearances or scored the most goals since 1996, or 1997 or 1988.  

Players who played before 1992 will be forgotten and unknown sooner or later.   

39 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Are you being disingenuous?  Read what i said.  Premier League records are a farce. You might as well say, who has made the most appearances or scored the most goals since 1996, or 1997 or 1988.  

Change it to top flight appearances then. I don’t know what the record is but I’m guessing 633 is near the top.

12 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Change it to top flight appearances then. I don’t know what the record is but I’m guessing 633 is near the top.

Not sure to be honest. Ryan Giggs has 672, so its not too shabby for an outfield player.

Shilton had 1,005 which is a record for league appearances, but 'only'  849 were in the top league. If those two represent the real records is not immediately apparent.

53 minutes ago, RedDave said:

The clue is in the words premier league record.

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And the standout moment will be him treading water chasing ozil forever in my eyes,says more about England at the time than him because like others have said a real pro 

Yep that 4-1 game where he didn't even tread water but gave up on the halfway line and Germany went on to score their 4th? I was absolutely fuming at him for that, he may well have never caught up or help prevent the goal but to just stop?! That one moment rightly or wrongly has forever clouded my judgement of him.

Archived