IGNORED

Jens Hegeler

Red Skin

I think when the big German plays he is magnificent.  Reckon he deserved a chant.

My German references are pretty scant but how about this to the tune of 99 Red Balloons?  Simple and uses a bit (or alot) of German to make the big fella feel at home and know he is appreciated...

Thir-ty One, Jens He-gel-er,

He is effing wun-der-bar.

He is effing wun-der-bar...(repeat)

Or if we want to go all out German...

Ein-und-Drei-zig, He-gel-er,

Er ist Ver-dammt wun-der-bar.

Ein und Drei-zig, He-gel-er,

Er ist Ver-dammt wun-der-bar....(repeat)

Bet we'd be the only club with a German chant and a change from the usual two world wars and one world cup nonsense. Though maybe Huddersfield have beaten us to it with all the Germans they have?

For the young uns...

99 Red Balloons

10 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Get it ready for tomorrow. Think he'll start central with Pack.

Hope so.  That's the frustrating (in a good way) thing at the moment, I'd want to pick about 16 players each game.

Its like asking me which if my kids I love the most!!!

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Really? People go on about him all the time....Yet in an interview with him on the weekend, he quotes that the Birmingham offer, was the first time another Club had given any firm concrete interest in him.

Still don’t think most realise how good he is, despite giving him a lot of credit.  Could play mid table premier league now 

3 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

Not by me @spudski.  Agree with that plus good tackler, and his strength holding off strikers has improved (although he takes holding a bit literally).

He wins a surprising amount of headers too. I'd actually prefer him with Baker as my CB partnership.

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Still don’t think most realise how good he is, despite giving him a lot of credit.  Could play mid table premier league now 

I think he has a lot to learn re positioning still. Think he's got the brain and fitness...not sure he's up to speed on where a LB should be when defending sometimes. May make it though imo.

I think he has a lot to learn re positioning still. Think he's got the brain and fitness...not sure he's up to speed on where a LB should be when defending sometimes. May make it though imo.

I think that nowadays you can say that about a lot of premier league full backs which is why I think he is ready now

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

If that's the case, Prem teams will come calling in January. Can't see it myself yet.

How many times do teams not sign players of ability only to then try to sign them for 2/3/4 times the price one year later when they finally realise how good they are.  Poor scouting and poor ability to judge a players ability to play at a certain level.

26 minutes ago, spudski said:

Jens....most underrated player at the Club imo...love watching him play. Does everything with a languid style and composure, and still has time on the ball. And covers ground deceptively quickly...Sign of a good player.

When I first saw Patrick Viera 'live' I couldn't believe how he exploded into life whenever the ball came within 10 yards of him....lightning quick and sharp despite jogging slowly the rest of the time. It totally changed my opinion of him, he didn't waste or use energy until he needed it, and then he was simply world class....Jens has similar traits, hope he progresses to be half the player!

I agree with you, Jens is a class footballer....couldn't believe the criticism he got from some last season....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When I first saw Patrick Viera 'live' I couldn't believe how he exploded into life whenever the ball came within 10 yards of him....lightning quick and sharp despite jogging slowly the rest of the time. It totally changed my opinion of him, he didn't waste or use energy until he needed it, and then he was simply world class....Jens has similar traits, hope he progresses to be half the player!

I agree with you, Jens is a class footballer....couldn't believe the criticism he got from some last season....

Dont get me wrong, I am a fan of his when he is played in the correct positions that utilise his strength.  However, one reason he got criticism was due to his languid display against Fulham at home. I know the team was poor but he strolled around miles off the pace.  

33 minutes ago, spudski said:

Jens....most underrated player at the Club imo...love watching him play. Does everything with a languid style and composure, and still has time on the ball. And covers ground deceptively quickly...Sign of a good player.

Once Crouch learnt he wasnt going to win much in the air against Flint, Hegeler dealt with him superbly.

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

How many times do teams not sign players of ability only to then try to sign them for 2/3/4 times the price one year later when they finally realise how good they are.  Poor scouting and poor ability to judge a players ability to play at a certain level.

So you are saying if JB doesn't play in the Prem, it's down to poor scouting?

If JB was as good a LB as you are making out, then other Clubs apart from Birmingham would be making offers.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Dont get me wrong, I am a fan of his when he is played in the correct positions that utilise his strength.  However, one reason he got criticism was due to his languid display against Fulham at home. I know the team was poor but he strolled around miles off the pace.  

Yep, fair play, Fulham at home was an incredibly low point of last season....not many City players emerged with any credit, and Jens' natural 'relaxed' style made him look worse than he actually is, if that makes sense?! 

1 hour ago, Red Army Faction said:

I think when the big German plays he is magnificent.  Reckon he deserved a chant.

My German references are pretty scant but how about this to the tune of 99 Red Balloons?  Simple and uses a bit (or alot) of German to make the big fella feel at home and know he is appreciated...

He is effing wun-der-bar.

He is effing wun-der-bar...(repeat)

Or if we want to go all out German...

Ein-und-Drei-zig, He-gel-er,

Er ist Ver-dammt wun-der-bar.

Ein und Drei-zig, He-gel-er,

Er ist Ver-dammt wun-der-bar....(repeat)

Bet we'd be the only club with a German chant and a change from the usual two world wars and one world cup nonsense. Though maybe Huddersfield have beaten us to it with all the Germans they have?

For the young uns...

99 Red Balloons

Him and Pack can consider themselves very unlucky not to start every game. Both absolute class when they play

Shows the strength of our squad ! 

So you are saying if JB doesn't play in the Prem, it's down to poor scouting?

If JB was as good a LB as you are making out, then other Clubs apart from Birmingham would be making offers.

Moot point as he will play in the Prem.  You dont know we have not had enquiries.

I could name a fair few full backs in the Premier League that Bryan is ahead of now  

Archived