IGNORED

Jens Hegeler

Red Skin

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Moot point as he will play in the Prem.  You dont know we have not had enquiries.

I could name a fair few full backs in the Premier League that Bryan is ahead of now  

Unless he's lying...JB said in an interview this weekend, that Birmingham are the only team that have ever shown concrete interest in him.

Hegeler is very much seen as a CB it seems, he's unlucky we have so many, has been excellent this season. Oozes class with the ball at his feet and his aerial defensive work has gotten much better, example being the way he muscled attackers when the ball was falling in the air. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Hegeler is very much seen as a CB it seems, he's unlucky we have so many, has been excellent this season. Oozes class with the ball at his feet and his aerial defensive work has gotten much better, example being the way he muscled attackers when the ball was falling in the air. 

He’s probably the sort of player who’s be perfect as a ‘regista’ (to coin an FM term). 

Between the lines of defence and midfield setting the tempo. Don’t think our current system would needs that though.

15 minutes ago, Distortia said:

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it...

Here is Jens Hegeler scoring a 90th minute winner in the Champions League past Claudio Bravo.

Your post was looking good, until you mentioned it was past Claudio "I don’t make saves but i’m good with my feet" Bravo. I reckon Juliet Bravo would’ve made more saves!

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Dont get me wrong, I am a fan of his when he is played in the correct positions that utilise his strength.  However, one reason he got criticism was due to his languid display against Fulham at home. I know the team was poor but he strolled around miles off the pace.  

I totally get that and probably agree.  Although 2 of our back 4 not marking meant they overloaded us in the middle.

My question back, based on his experience and level he played at is:

- was he using his experience to not go haring around, pressing lost causes, to conserve energy, keep a basic shape?

I don’t know, just throwing it out there.

Perhaps he should’ve been leading, organising, sorting out those lazy effers who weren’t doing their job.  Perhaps he tried, Perhaps it got lost in translation?

I sound like I’m making excuses....i’m Just trying to fathom out why we were so poor that night.  I don’t think Jens was the only one who looked below par.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don’t watch enough prem these days to know myself - but out of interest, which full backs would you say Bryan is ahead of?

I would say he is at least as good as 

Tyrone Mings

Gaeton Bong

Alberto Moreno

Scott Malone

Aaron Creswell

Better than Neil Taylor who has dropped down to Championship but played many games in it for Swansea

People will probably ridicule me for Cresswell as he has been around England squad but dont let that cloud your judgement, awful defender

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He’s probably the sort of player who’s be perfect as a ‘regista’ (to coin an FM term). 

Between the lines of defence and midfield setting the tempo. Don’t think our current system would needs that though.

I'd agree with that, however I'd also say if we were to play someone in that role that Pack would be more likely to play it, every game it seems he's the one who controls everything when we've got possession in our half. 

I would say he is at least as good as 

Tyrone Mings

Gaeton Bong

Alberto Moreno

Scott Malone

Aaron Creswell

Better than Neil Taylor who has dropped down to Championship but played many games in it for Swansea

People will probably ridicule me for Cresswell as he has been around England squad but dont let that cloud your judgement, awful defender

I'd argue against the ones in bold, Cresswell, it may just be fluke with me but when I've seen him in games on tv has generally played alright.  

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'd argue against the ones in bold, Cresswell, it may just be fluke with me but when I've seen him in games on tv has generally played alright.  

Seems to lack concentration and positional sense for me.  Moreno great going forward but woeful defending and i think me and you can cross better!  

All about opinions though!

Seems to lack concentration and positional sense for me.  Moreno great going forward but woeful defending and i think me and you can cross better!  

All about opinions though!

Very much all about opinions, however I think if either dropped down to championship level you'd see them being a level above the rest in the league, have to remember while they may have their flaws they're playing against better opposition where Joe could easily struggle if moving up to that standard, last season your description of Cresswell could easily have applied to Bryan as well at championship level. 

2 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

I think when the big German plays he is magnificent.  Reckon he deserved a chant.

My German references are pretty scant but how about this to the tune of 99 Red Balloons?  Simple and uses a bit (or alot) of German to make the big fella feel at home and know he is appreciated...

Thir-ty One, Jens He-gel-er,

He is effing wun-der-bar.

He is effing wun-der-bar...(repeat)

Or if we want to go all out German...

Ein-und-Drei-zig, He-gel-er,

Er ist Ver-dammt wun-der-bar.

Ein und Drei-zig, He-gel-er,

Er ist Ver-dammt wun-der-bar....(repeat)

Bet we'd be the only club with a German chant and a change from the usual two world wars and one world cup nonsense. Though maybe Huddersfield have beaten us to it with all the Germans they have?

For the young uns...

99 Red Balloons

I was bored senseless as well tonight Red. You penned a classic and I rearranged my sock drawer.

34 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don’t watch enough prem these days to know myself - but out of interest, which full backs would you say Bryan is ahead of?

he hasn't got a long contract, he is one of the lowest paid first teamers on our books,  he was statistically the best left back in the league last year and is up there again

I'll put money on him playing in the prem ot top 3 championship team in Feb. He would be worth a punt for any club for 5 million and 20 grand a week

12 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

he hasn't got a long contract, he is one of the lowest paid first teamers on our books,  he was statistically the best left back in the league last year and is up there again

I'll put money on him playing in the prem ot top 3 championship team in Feb. He would be worth a punt for any club for 5 million and 20 grand a week

Would be incredibly surprised if we sold him that low.

3 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

I think when the big German plays he is magnificent.  Reckon he deserved a chant.

My German references are pretty scant but how about this to the tune of 99 Red Balloons?  Simple and uses a bit (or alot) of German to make the big fella feel at home and know he is appreciated...

He is effing wun-der-bar.

He is effing wun-der-bar...(repeat)

Or if we want to go all out German...

Ein-und-Drei-zig, He-gel-er,

Er ist Ver-dammt wun-der-bar.

Ein und Drei-zig, He-gel-er,

Er ist Ver-dammt wun-der-bar....(repeat)

Bet we'd be the only club with a German chant and a change from the usual two world wars and one world cup nonsense. Though maybe Huddersfield have beaten us to it with all the Germans they have?

For the young uns...

99 Red Balloons

Sorry, it's a nein from me.

Archived