IGNORED

Jens Hegeler

Red Skin

9 hours ago, hodge said:

I'd agree with that, however I'd also say if we were to play someone in that role that Pack would be more likely to play it, every game it seems he's the one who controls everything when we've got possession in our half. 

For me Hegeler is in competition with Pack not the other Centre backs.

Funny how things work out , last season LJ said he'd build the team around JH   .

So this season is not going to plan !

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When I first saw Patrick Viera 'live' I couldn't believe how he exploded into life whenever the ball came within 10 yards of him....lightning quick and sharp despite jogging slowly the rest of the time. It totally changed my opinion of him, he didn't waste or use energy until he needed it, and then he was simply world class....Jens has similar traits, hope he progresses to be half the player!

I agree with you, Jens is a class footballer....couldn't believe the criticism he got from some last season....

One of the best footballers at the club,class act and needs games to stay here...

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Smith gets a two week rest after Saturday..no way does hegeler play tonight

I'm sure you're right, but nevertheless it's good to see the bloke getting some well-deserved recognition. I accept that with the team doing so well it's hard to see who you would leave out to accommodate him, but the fact remains that he is a bloody good footballer who is extremely unlucky not to have had more game time. His versatility may be his own worst enemy. I personally think he is first and foremost an outstanding holding midfielder,  rather than a defender, though he also has plenty of ability and experience at the back. Tough to omit Brownhill, Smith or Pack, but they will all need rest at some point and at the very least I would be using him more off the bench late on to help him stay match-ready. I think it would be a mistake and a cause for regret if he were to be allowed to move on for lack of opportunity.

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

For me Hegeler is in competition with Pack not the other Centre backs.

Funny how things work out , last season LJ said he'd build the team around JH   .

So this season is not going to plan !

I think LJ see's all the positives in Jens, it's just getting the players around him to do their job as well, and them be reliable at doing it.

I'd love to see Jens and Pack together in CM...but would I be confident in our wider midfielders being up to speed with their heads just yet?

Don't get me wrong....they are getting there, but still learning to some extent.

Sometimes footballing brains see things a lot quicker than those in the rest of the team. Pack and Jens both have good footballing brains. Sometimes quicker than those around them.

I've seen it before in teams, where others will make the better player look daft, because their brain isn't as quick.

Same can be said of technical ability. Sometimes a better player will make a pass to another player, expecting them to do something, but they just aren't good enough to do it, and make you look stupid.

I remember reading an article by Glen Hoddle who struggled at first with coaching, as he just expected players to have the same natural ability, technique and brain as him. Asking them to do things that came easy to him, but impossible for them.

You can have a great player and a great coach that are used to superior play, but they will look complete idiots if everyone around them isn't as good.

Slightly exaggerated...but you can get my sentiment.

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think LJ see's all the positives in Jens, it's just getting the players around him to do their job as well, and them be reliable at doing it.

I'd love to see Jens and Pack together in CM...but would I be confident in our wider midfielders being up to speed with their heads just yet?

Don't get me wrong....they are getting there, but still learning to some extent.

Sometimes footballing brains see things a lot quicker than those in the rest of the team. Pack and Jens both have good footballing brains. Sometimes quicker than those around them.

I've seen it before in teams, where others will make the better player look daft, because their brain isn't as quick.

Same can be said of technical ability. Sometimes a better player will make a pass to another player, expecting them to do something, but they just aren't good enough to do it, and make you look stupid.

I remember reading an article by Glen Hoddle who struggled at first with coaching, as he just expected players to have the same natural ability, technique and brain as him. Asking them to do things that came easy to him, but impossible for them.

You can have a great player and a great coach that are used to superior play, but they will look complete idiots if everyone around them isn't as good.

Slightly exaggerated...but you can get my sentiment.

So, what you're saying is.. if Messi joined Rovers they would still be shit? :P:laughcont:

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Know what you mean.  I look shit when I'm not playing alongside Messi, Suarez, and Neymar. 

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I believe it’s supposed to be sung to the tune of ‘Heart of Glass’ by Blondie

I have just woken up (5:50 am here) had a look on here on my phone - And my wife has just told me off for trying to sing that to heart of glass under my breath! :laughcont: Its not perfect but actually fits remarkable well! 

Archived