IGNORED

Attendance Vs Bolton

BCFC J

9 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

16,000 sold currently with 220 from Bolton.

Utter rubbish given the form we're in, the lowest we went in terms of home fans was 16,200 last season against Brentford.

I know it's not brilliant but some of our attendances minus the away support have not been that much more, and with Bolton bringing a couple of hundred and not exactly a big draw it does no surprise me, the weather for tomorrow is not too bad so expect another couple of thousand to turn up.

Just think how far we have come, we are playing one of the least attractive teams in the division, a team we have played regularly in the last few seasons, it is midweek, Champions league on the box, only 300 away fans and yet we should have 18,000 plus. Just a few years ago that would have been about our biggest crowd of the season. I think the growth in support has been excellent when you consider we have waited 37 years for top flight football.

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Just think how far we have come, we are playing one of the least attractive teams in the division, a team we have played regularly in the last few seasons, it is midweek, Champions league on the box, only 300 away fans and yet we should have 18,000 plus. Just a few years ago that would have been about our biggest crowd of the season. I think the growth in support has been excellent when you consider we have waited 37 years for top flight football.

totally true - i can't believe i'm reading people moaning about 18,000. phenomenal figure, and the kind we used to hit once every three years or so with a big cup game or a match against the gas. to be getting that for a mid-week game against a struggling team that's bringing  a handful of fans is staggeringly good! christ people, can we have perspective!!!! 

7 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Agreed. In the not very distant past, we'd have been doing well to get over 12,000 for a fixture like this. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Yes 18k is good but with rugby ST holders getting free tickets I still expected 20k.

I know lots won’t like football but everybody knows somebody who would like a free ticket to city and not hard to claim them - takes 5 minutes.

I would be interested to know the figures of how many Rugby fans take up these free ticket matches. In comparison to how many City fans take up the Rugby tickets. 

I could be wrong, but it doesn't often seem like we are more welcoming and supportive of them, than they are of us. 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I would be interested to know the figures of how many Rugby fans take up these free ticket matches. In comparison to how many City fans take up the Rugby tickets. 

I could be wrong, but it doesn't often seem like we are more welcoming and supportive of them, than they are of us. 

I bet it’s not many. There doesn’t seem to be that many people who regularly attend games of both clubs - seems to be Rugby OR Football.

Different demographic follow rugby in my experience.

5 hours ago, poland_exile said:

totally true - i can't believe i'm reading people moaning about 18,000. phenomenal figure, and the kind we used to hit once every three years or so with a big cup game or a match against the gas. to be getting that for a mid-week game against a struggling team that's bringing  a handful of fans is staggeringly good! christ people, can we have perspective!!!! 

It's not 18,000 for christ sake, it's currently just about 16,000.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I bet it’s not many. There doesn’t seem to be that many people who regularly attend games of both clubs - seems to be Rugby OR Football.

Yes, indeed. And that's fine. But everyone should like a free ticket experience. 

I'd just find it interesting to see how many of each club take the opportunity to go along and experience the other. 

Any club that's playing decent stuff, scoring goals and getting decent results will attract more casual fans. 

If we see 18000+ at AG tonight that'll be a very decent attendance for a night match.

Personally I love games under the lights. The atmosphere always seems more electric 

4 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

It's not 18,000 for christ sake, it's currently just about 16,000.

But the game doesn't kick off this morning! Surely the only way to judge the attendance is to see what the attendance is come 8pm tonight..? 

16k is lower. Not low. 

Chances are it will be over 16k anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

But the game doesn't kick off this morning! Surely the only way to judge the attendance is to see what the attendance is come 8pm tonight..? 

16k is lower. Not low. 

Chances are it will be over 16k anyway. 

We will never get 2k walkups on a night match against Bolton.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s not really relevant though, we’re a different club now. 

I don’t think our commercial department would be happy with a 16k crowd. I think anything under 18k would be seen as below target.

when there's only 13k season ticket holders 16k is still a god crowd, baring in mind bolton are only bringing 200, when other clubs are bringing 2000

When you look at our fixture list as a whole for the season, this one sticks out as being a contender for being lowest attendance of the season before a ball was kicked.

If we get 18k that'll be an impressive figure. Looking forward to another midweek game under the lights.

50 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I regularly attend both games, here are my observations:

Rugby fans dont seem to be able to go 40 minutes without going to the bar a couple of times and tend to stay sat down and chat to each other throughout the game. They respect the kickers of both teams by going silent, they don't stand to applaud their players off or on, in fact they rarely jump up at all. They pretty much have one song and very, very rarely give the opposition or Ref any grief. Rugby fans are very accepting.

Football fans have to wait until the half time rush to get a drink. They don't tend to constantly chat to fellow supporters throughout the match but concentrate more on the game. Football fans will do their best to put off the opposition by making noise at free kicks and penalties etc. They stand to applaud players before the match and when subbed. They jump up to celebrate goals etc and other exciting moments, in fact some football fans NEVER sit down. Football fans give grief and abuse to anything that's fair game, opposing players, fans, managers and of course the Ref and his Assistants. Football fans are not very accepting and will sometimes turn on our own players when things aren't going right.

yup, it's very different.

52 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know a lot of football fans who like Rugby and watch England for example, but I know very few rugby fans who actually like football.

Archived