IGNORED

Attendance Vs Bolton

BCFC J

8 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I've got 2 kids at home to look after, I apologise for putting my family 1st :facepalm:

I don't think anybody is saying you should do otherwise mate! It seems to be more a general criticism of the Bristol public rather than peoples individual circumstances. But 17k tonight would be a growth of about 5000 fans from a similar fixture 5 years ago, so we are moving in the right direction.

12 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I don't think anybody is saying you should do otherwise mate! It seems to be more a general criticism of the Bristol public rather than peoples individual circumstances. But 17k tonight would be a growth of about 5000 fans from a similar fixture 5 years ago, so we are moving in the right direction.

Agree totally that we are moving in the right direction, but people have their reasons why they can't attend tonight work, family, costs. Just think it's wrong to criticise people who can't attend for various reasons.

6 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Agree totally that we are moving in the right direction, but people have their reasons why they can't attend tonight work, family, costs. Just think it's wrong to criticise people who can't attend for various reasons.

Agree with this sure there are lots that would go if they could.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

I can't go tonight because midweek games are too late for my 3 year old now that he's started pre-school. 

Our season tickets will still be counted though, so a low gate isn't our fault! 

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Agree and I expect money would be a major factor. Games like this against a relatively low prestige team with champions league football on the tv should be made cheaper for non season ticket holders to attend. I know some season ticket holders wouldn't like it but tonight would've been a good opportunity to get the tickets prices right down to try and encourage more through the door. Still think anything around the 17k mark will be a very good turnout though. Looking forward to it! 

49 minutes ago, RedM said:

I regularly attend both games, here are my observations:

Rugby fans dont seem to be able to go 40 minutes without going to the bar a couple of times and tend to stay sat down and chat to each other throughout the game. They respect the kickers of both teams by going silent, they don't stand to applaud their players off or on, in fact they rarely jump up at all. They pretty much have one song and very, very rarely give the opposition or Ref any grief. Rugby fans are very accepting.

Football fans have to wait until the half time rush to get a drink. They don't tend to constantly chat to fellow supporters throughout the match but concentrate more on the game. Football fans will do their best to put off the opposition by making noise at free kicks and penalties etc. They stand to applaud players before the match and when subbed. They jump up to celebrate goals etc and other exciting moments, in fact some football fans NEVER sit down. Football fans give grief and abuse to anything that's fair game, opposing players, fans, managers and of course the Ref and his Assistants. Football fans are not very accepting and will sometimes turn on our own players when things aren't going right.

yup, it's very different.

It's very different at a lot of rugby grounds, RedM. I was very surprised by how passive the Bristol crowd were the first time I went to one of their matches. 

18 minutes ago, Super said:

Maybe to some. Not really bothered as long as the atmosphere is good.

Good job you don’t work for us commercially then!

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting comment @Phileas Fogg what "target" is this you speak of?

The club have target attendances for games - for example if we get United in the cup obviously you’d expect a complete sell out.

I had heard from someone who would know that our ‘target’ is a minimum attendance of 18k in all league games this season. Not sure whether a weighted average would allow for a couple to be below that target though.

11 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

It's very different at a lot of rugby grounds, RedM. I was very surprised by how passive the Bristol crowd were the first time I went to one of their matches. 

I went to one Rugby match, years ago. 

Pretty much, the entire crowd clapped every point scored by either team. I mean penalties & everything, not just great bits of play  

Really not my cup of tea! I left and haven't been able to stomach going back again, even with a free ticket. 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I went to one Rugby match, years ago. 

Pretty much, the entire crowd clapped every point scored by either team. I mean penalties & everything, not just great bits of play  

Really not my cup of tea! I left and haven't been able to stomach going back again, even with a free ticket. 

I think the Bristol crowd are definitely more sedate than anywhere else I've been, though I haven't been to many other English teams' grounds. At Celtic League/PRO12/European Cup matches I've been to it's generally very partisan. 

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

I've got 2 kids at home to look after, I apologise for putting my family 1st :facepalm:

christ I hate it when I see dreadful posts like this.

It's not a personal attack on you, grow up.

I was merely stating the attendance is poor, which it is. I'm not on here digging out people who can't/won't go.

8 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

I was merely stating the attendance is poor, which it is. I'm not on here digging out people who can't/won't go.

In fairness to him it does feel at times on here you have to justify why you can't attend a game.

19 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

but it's not poor

14 minutes ago, Super said:

In fairness to him it does feel at times on here you have to justify why you can't attend a game.

Maybe so, but that's moronic and certainly nothing I'd ever question and I haven't once in this thread.

Some fans get so uptight about justifying why they can't go to a game. It's fair enough, everybody has their reasons, but that doesn't mean I/others can't comment on an attendance figure. 

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

but it's not poor

It is, we're 9 unbeaten, just outside the top six and playing a side we should beat.

I'm not ignoring the context of our crowds before the redevelopment for a few years but by the same token I'm also taking into account our crowds at this level after the redevelopment, and personally I think it's a poor turnout tonight.

2 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

Maybe so, but that's moronic and certainly nothing I'd ever question and I haven't once in this thread.

Some fans get so uptight about justifying why they can't go to a game. It's fair enough, everybody has their reasons, but that doesn't mean I/others can't comment on an attendance figure. 

It is, we're 9 unbeaten, just outside the top six and playing a side we should beat.

I'm not ignoring the context of our crowds before the redevelopment for a few years but by the same token I'm also taking into account our crowds at this level after the redevelopment, and personally I think it's a poor turnout tonight.

but its still not poor, Take away the away fans and our core support is around 17k as this is a midweek game then it will be lower as bolton is miles away they won't bring as many,

anything over 16k is good, if there was 14k attending then that would be poor,

29 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

Are you not slating the attendance tonight, yet I am the one who needs to grow up?

What makes my post so dreadful? People have their reasons for not attending and I have mine, some things are more important than Football.

Archived