IGNORED

Attendance Vs Bolton

BCFC J

24 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

Maybe so, but that's moronic and certainly nothing I'd ever question and I haven't once in this thread.

Some fans get so uptight about justifying why they can't go to a game. It's fair enough, everybody has their reasons, but that doesn't mean I/others can't comment on an attendance figure. 

It is, we're 9 unbeaten, just outside the top six and playing a side we should beat.

I'm not ignoring the context of our crowds before the redevelopment for a few years but by the same token I'm also taking into account our crowds at this level after the redevelopment, and personally I think it's a poor turnout tonight.

A: We haven't had a crowd yet so we don't know if it's poor or not.

B: What do you want us to do about it? I can once, there is only one of me, (despite appearances) and that applies for all of us. 

20 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Are you not slating the attendance tonight, yet I am the one who needs to grow up?

What makes my post so dreadful? People have their reasons for not attending and I have mine, some things are more important than Football.

How dare I have an opinion on an attendance figure, I certainly need to grow up.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

A: We haven't had a crowd yet so we don't know if it's poor or not.

B: What do you want us to do about it? I can once, there is only one of me, (despite appearances) and that applies for all of us. 

Jesus wept, I'm not on here trying to encourage people to put their hands in their pockets and attend tonight, I'm just commenting on the crowd number.

I make my apologies for not being there tonight but I can't get a flight from Faro and the Mrs although happy to have a few days in Portugal without me won't have anybody to rub suncream into her back. They always win when I'm not there anyway. And somebody else who wouldn't normally attend has got my Season Ticket.

49 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

How dare I have an opinion on an attendance figure, I certainly need to grow up.

Jesus wept, I'm not on here trying to encourage people to put their hands in their pockets and attend tonight, I'm just commenting on the crowd number.

I don't know the scoreline for tonight, but I'd like to complain in advance in case we lose 0-3. 

So...

- Tiny away following

- Unattractive opposition

- Full price tickets

- Midweek fixture

- Not school holidays

- Football on the telly

- We're 8th (which is good), but we're not 10 points clear at the top of the table.

....but we're disappointed with an attendance likely to be around 17,000?

Just shows how far we've come.  To put this in context, when we were top of the league in March 2008, our game against Norwich (Brooker late winner) on a Saturday afternoon drew a crowd of 17,511.

I'm taking a backseat on the forum this year but this is the first game I've been able to make this year and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it.

4 hours ago, BCFC J said:

It's not 18,000 for christ sake, it's currently just about 16,000.

1 hour ago, BCFC J said:

christ I hate it when I see dreadful posts like this.

It's not a personal attack on you, grow up.

I was merely stating the attendance is poor, which it is. I'm not on here digging out people who can't/won't go.

1 hour ago, BCFC J said:

Are you the club vicar by any chance, you sure talk about jesus a lot

1 hour ago, BCFC J said:

Why are you so angry J?

You are literally the only person consumed by rage at our potential attendance tonight.

I fear you're going to self combust before kick off at this rate tbh.

18 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Why are you so angry J?

You are literally the only person consumed by rage at our potential attendance tonight.

maybe the J is Jon surname lansdown?

• Admin

Many calls about tonight's fixture being one of the most unattractive on our list, must just be me that looks forward to the more winnable fixtures most. Playing the bigger teams is good and all but I get more happiness from winning a game than a spirited performance against a Middlesbrough or Sunderland (but obviously doing both is preferable ;))

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Are you not slating the attendance tonight, yet I am the one who needs to grow up?

What makes my post so dreadful? People have their reasons for not attending and I have mine, some things are more important than Football.

But not everyone puts their reasoning across in such a martyr-esque way.

You sound like a barrel of laughs tbf.

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I would be interested to know the figures of how many Rugby fans take up these free ticket matches. In comparison to how many City fans take up the Rugby tickets. 

I could be wrong, but it doesn't often seem like we are more welcoming and supportive of them, than they are of us. 

I think it is down to attitude as well and not being lazy and trying.  My daughter and her friend have rugby ST's as well as football so got 2 free tickets without really knowing who to give them too as most people they know who follow City already go, but, presumed somebody would want a freebie night.  Sure enough she found a floating fan at work who is going with his partner and they have been a couple of times on cheaper tickets and enjoy it.  Who knows - a good performance tonight and we might see them investing when there is not an offer !!  But it is still another 2 people to swell the crowd and they certainly intend buying some drinks and food as they are going straight from work.

4 hours ago, Super said:

Don't really get this obsession again about attendances.

I suppose because many people just like the idea of 'more the merrier' and see how many more people are coming to AG than before? Nothing but positive speak I would say and being perilously close to a 20k, I know that is the wrong word, we all hope more turn up.

Assuming we do not slip on a banana skin there could be a nice few goals tonight and, under the lights, what better things have people to do than watch City play some nice football and dominate a match; not often that happens. OK, probably cursed it now

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Not a bad crowd for bottom of the league at home.

When we were doing really well last season and beat Forest at home, there was just under 19,000. And that will have been with a good away crowd. So if we get 17,000 tonight that is pretty reasonable for a Tuesday night game.

Forest brought just over 1,000.

40 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Why are you so angry J?

I'm absolutely seething, I've just left work and I'm currently tracking the IPs of those in this thread brave enough to declare that they won't be attending tonight, and plan to unleash 45 of the finest free range eggs on each of their households.

28 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Always thought that a night game would attract all those that play football on a weekend. We get told that Bristol has one of the largest amount of non-league/ Saturday teams. 

Apparently so, but I was sitting outside that cafe by the water tower not long ago when various teams were meeting up before changing, and I was surprised at the number of non Bristolian accents.

No doubt there are Bristolian City fans who would attend if they weren't playing on a Saturday, but I'm dubious numbers are large enough to make a significant difference to a midweek crowd.

Barnsley - 18742 (1220 away) - 17522 home fans

Millwall - 18230 (1174) - 17056 home fans

Villa - 21542 (3106) - 18436 home fans

Derby - 19473 (1533) - 17940 home fans

Tonight will be near Millwall in terms of home fans, which I don't see as poor, especially when you consider that it's a Tuesday night game compared to a Saturday afternoon.

20 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

Forest brought just over 1,000.

I'm absolutely seething, I've just left work and I'm currently tracking the IPs of those in this thread brave enough to declare that they won't be attending tonight, and plan to unleash 45 of the finest free range eggs on each of their households.

45 free range eggs per miscreant?

Maybe it is Jon @Super, he's as rich as an astronaut!

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

People have their reasons for not attending and I have mine, some things are more important than Football.

Typical fickle City fan posting utterly ridiculous unhelpful negative statements such as this.

.......And if I ever get a life, job or a girlfriend- nothing's gonna change for me. No sir.

Archived