IGNORED

Attendance Vs Bolton

BCFC J

9 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Spoke to a couple of Eastern Europeans attending their first game tonight, asked us where the South Stand entrance was and what songs to sing 

Saw them at the end in KFC proudly wearing their new Bristol City scarves - they had a great time 

How long did it take them to pick up the lyrics to "my old man, said be a ...."?

10 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Spoke to a couple of Eastern Europeans attending their first game tonight, asked us where the South Stand entrance was and what songs to sing 

Saw them at the end in KFC proudly wearing their new Bristol City scarves - they had a great time 

10 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah i was walking next to five spaniards on the way in wearing city scarves. Its good to see us bringing in the foreigners although they might have found this style boring.

Good to hear. We now have tens of thousands of Poles and Spaniards living in Bristol long term, many of them settling here. These are 2 keen footballing nations, and City should do everything possible to attract these enthusiastic football fans to AG.

If we're going to continue going down the European route when signing players then looking to Spain and Poland would make sense.

I was surprised to hear my long term Italian hairdresser had attended the Stoke game, City's signing of Pisano being the key to sparking his interest in the club.

on another note about attendance, i applaud the 280 Bolton fans that made the trip last night, i know we get a fair away attendance and i am usually one of them, but to travel that way on a tuesday for a team bottom of the league with not many points is dedication. 

they seemed in pretty good spirit and could be heard around the ground .

We had the 4th highest attendance in the championship lastnight, a very good effort concidering there where only 250 away fans so no big bump from visitors,

Cardiff only got there big number as it was a £5 a ticket night so even though they had 10k more then us we will have made more money from the game which is far more use to the club,

Let's not knock our self's a good effort all round last night

28 minutes ago, lgbbcf said:

on another note about attendance, i applaud the 280 Bolton fans that made the trip last night, i know we get a fair away attendance and i am usually one of them, but to travel that way on a tuesday for a team bottom of the league with not many points is dedication. 

They came to see a decent football team and a top stadium.

11 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah i was walking next to five spaniards on the way in wearing city scarves. Its good to see us bringing in the foreigners although they might have found this style boring.

My nephew often brings a Spanish mate he works with,his team are a Spanish third division team,so not a very high standard,he's hooked and absolutely loves our football.It's worth remembering that not everyone in Spain supports the big boys.

On 25/09/2017 at 23:45, BCFC J said:

16,000 sold currently with 220 from Bolton.

Utter rubbish given the form we're in, the lowest we went in terms of home fans was 16,200 last season against Brentford.

Is attendance the new thing to moan about while we are in good form?

2 hours ago, tommytank1985 said:

Can't believe people moaning at a 17k gate! Obviously don't remember the 0-0 vs Bury on a Tuesday night with 7500 there. A certain young chubby Paddy Kenny in goal. 

I distinctly remember an attendance of 7777 against Colchester when Pubis was manager.

1 hour ago, lgbbcf said:

Yep, fair play to them but I suspect a fair percentage were exiles who live a lot closer to AG than Lancashire.

12 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Hopefully Ivan Testemitanu & Vilmos Sebők

;)

Blast from the past............

3 hours ago, tommytank1985 said:

He was indeed! Must of been around 98/99. He then went to sheff united and took Paddy with him. And yes it was dreadful I think we left half way through the second half. Highlight of the game was being sat behind I presume Kennys mother sticking up for him with the abuse about his weight getting chucked at him. 

Yes I remember it now. 98-99..

"Boring Boring Bury"chants- good to see some things aka his "style" of play stay the same. :laughcont:

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I was surprised to hear my long term Italian hairdresser had attended the Stoke game, City's signing of Pisano being the key to sparking his interest in the club.

Spooky - My Swedish au pair 'Anna' went to the Gate for the first time after we signed Eliasson 

:yawn:

13 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Good to hear. We now have tens of thousands of Poles and Spaniards living in Bristol long term, many of them settling here. These are 2 keen footballing nations, and City should do everything possible to attract these enthusiastic football fans to AG.

If we're going to continue going down the European route when signing players then looking to Spain and Poland would make sense.

Yep, agreed. Always nice to see foreign fans at the Gate, warms the cockles of me 'eart. We should be looking at Poland and using Tinnion's links in Spain though, for sure.

Archived