IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Bolton Wanderers Match Day Thread 10

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Major... it does unless you want me to regurgitate the same topic over and over again... this is about the 5th thread on Bolton; I mean what else can I talk about. Maybe the next match will be about Bolton made ice cream being thrust down the pants of the first player to score a hattrick for the club back in 1879. All suggestions welcome. Happy to research and try and deliver. Otherwise you can belt up!!!

First @Mkelly, now Hav has got the salt out... it's more salty on OTIB today than the Youngs fish factory in Grimbsy. Print that bastard...

Stop chucking the salt! :laughcont:

113206011_0_640x640.jpg

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Why am I so nervous about this game? Someone settle me down (no, Imodium won't do).

Probably because people are talking like we've only got to take to the pitch to pick up the points. I've read people say things like "I fully expect..."Ours for the taking" "If we score early.. "could be 5 or 6" etc etc

Let's just take it as another difficult game in the Championship, with everything to fight for and let everything else take care of itself.

COYR

• Like 1

I'm guessing that Bolton will play a back 10 rather than a back 3, so if we get an early goal, they will have to come out of their shell and leave enough gaps for us to score 4 or 5.  If they hold us til half time, i guess it could end up as a 0-0 or a 0-1.

We need a bright and positive start with Fammy and Bobby up front. Hope he doesnt pick Woodrow for this one.  4-4-2 I guess.

18 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm guessing that Bolton will play a back 10 rather than a back 3, so if we get an early goal, they will have to come out of their shell and leave enough gaps for us to score 4 or 5.  If they hold us til half time, i guess it could end up as a 0-0 or a 0-1.

We need a bright and positive start with Fammy and Bobby up front. Hope he doesnt pick Woodrow for this one.  4-4-2 I guess.

Any reason for this? I thought he did alright the last time he played.

I think tonight is all about the first goal. Get 1 then we might get a few but getting that 1st one might prove difficult a la Millwall.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just dont think he's quite done enough yet to deserve a start with Fammy available.  A useful sub if Fammy and Bobby are not working and another opportunity to earn a start.

Would prefer to see our own players given an opportunity rather than a loanee.

I can understand this POV wendy. Isn't he with us on loan with a view to a perm though? A firing Fam is a better option, I agree, but he seems to struggle when games are one after the other IMHO. I guess that will come with time.

4 hours ago, Squeak said:

Complacency is our biggest concern today. 

I agree, although the other main risk is its 'football'.

What I mean by that is on current form we really should win, Equally Bolton will not finish the season on 2 points. At some stage that run will end. We know better than most it is possible to go on a quite dreadful run, somehow pick up a point, and suddenly a month later you are playing some decent stuff.

Yes we should win, subject to key marginal decisions not going against us, injuries, sending offs, just not clicking up front, missing chances, bad day at the office, them scoring career goals, their goalie playing a blinder...

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just dont think he's quite done enough yet to deserve a start with Fammy available.  A useful sub if Fammy and Bobby are not working and another opportunity to earn a start.

100 percent agree, that Tammy bloke was a complete waste of time last season ;-)

33 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I kind of agree, but we have a fee agreed for Woodrow already so if he does well he could very well be our player. Therefore I'd rather he got an oportunity to show what he can do at some point and I think we are better off thinking of his loan as a 1-year trial.

Patience is key tonight, as well as not taking any level of complacency. Could be a difficult, edgy eve especially if fast start and tempo doesn't yield a goal or two in the first 20/25 mins.

Take 2-0 right now, goal in each half, another win to keep the run going, another 3pts to the total.

#COYR! :city:

• Like 1