IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Bolton Wanderers Match Day Thread 10

A scrappy game with a few nice bits of play, fairly frustrating to watch and two ugly goals.  We never looked in any danger and the stats show an exceptionally one sided game - you might think the sending off had some bearing but it really didn't seem to be any different before that.  The second yellow was definitely a yellow, can't recall the first but it's not that relevant really if you know you've been booked you don't go in late.

I thought there were some good individual performances in particular Bryan, O'Dowda even if he did overplay a little and Reid.  Diedhiou worked hard and is getting there on the ball but still needs to be a bit stronger and aware.  Pack wasn't at the races and Patterson a bit anonymous in the first half.  IMO we missed Brownhill in the middle. 

Pleased to see that Eliasson didn't look out of place when he came on and does look to be strong with both feet - some crosses that caused real problems even when they didn't look perfectly struck - he is definitely learning the positional side.

Bolton had little quality, I thought they were worse than Millwall but not quite as utterly hopeless as Barnsley however they certainly have their work cut out for them staying up.

3 points and a clean sheet was a good result, but I do expect pretty much every home game to be harder than that.  Well done City.

• Like 3

A mate of mine is QPR fan, says he's playing well but said he's very frustrating to watch..

Lots of indecisive runs and running in circles and either sticks in a beauty of a ball or doesn't beat the first man.

Comments that echo his championship performances for City, good to see the lad is still at this level and doing pretty well though.

He Has seemed to add a few more goals of late.  

Good result but expected. No point jumping to conclusions about what the season might hold not least because after 10 games we are in exactly the same position as last season, i.e. 17 points. We do, however, have 1 more goal to the good on our goal difference and have lost 2 fewer so reasons to be cheerful. And then, like last year, Cardiff was just around the corner and we all know what happened after that match. I am fairly confident lightning will not strike twice although stranger things have happened like this for example..

upside-down-300x160.jpg.dc0fcfda5d2f7dffaf821d72ba335b0a.jpg

19 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Good result but expected. No point jumping to conclusions about what the season might hold not least because after 10 games we are in exactly the same position as last season, i.e. 17 points. We do, however, have 1 more goal to the good on our goal difference and have lost 2 fewer so reasons to be cheerful. And then, like last year, Cardiff was just around the corner and we all know what happened after that match. I am fairly confident lightning will not strike twice although stranger things have happened like this for example..

upside-down-300x160.jpg.dc0fcfda5d2f7dffaf821d72ba335b0a.jpg

The builder had the plans upside down .