IGNORED

Leeds game

Jmlw123

Just a bit of a general question, me and a few of my mates are going to the leeds game, I haven't been to the stadium in a while as ive moved away and used to also work on a saturday until recently. Just wanted to know how tight the security are on the "under" ticket prices, we're all 22 & 23 and we can make a lot of saving by buying the "under 22", we're not trying to con the stadium or staff but just think considering the seats that are left its mad that they dont slightly reduce prices to get a sell out. If we were to buy these tickets would we be ID'd or anything? 

I'd like to be able to the reduced price for pensioners however, I'm just not old enough.

What I'm trying to say is: "pay the 'kin ticket price which is appropriate for your age". By your own admission, you seldom put any money into the club's coffers SO DON'T DEPRIVE THE CLUB (AND THE REST OF US, WHO GO EVERY TO EVERY HOME MATCH) by trying to cheat the system.

I wouldn’t bother taking the risk but I would imagine you would probably get in OK. My dad and my father in-law look fairly young for their age despite both in their 70’s get the OAP tickets and no one ever checks their tickets. 

Seeing as you don’t go that often then surely you can put a few quid into the clubs coffers and pay the going rate tho? 

4 hours ago, Jmlw123 said:

Just a bit of a general question, me and a few of my mates are going to the leeds game, I haven't been to the stadium in a while as ive moved away and used to also work on a saturday until recently. Just wanted to know how tight the security are on the "under" ticket prices, we're all 22 & 23 and we can make a lot of saving by buying the "under 22", we're not trying to con the stadium or staff but just think considering the seats that are left its mad that they dont slightly reduce prices to get a sell out. If we were to buy these tickets would we be ID'd or anything? 

What seat numbers have you bought 

4 hours ago, Jmlw123 said:

"We're not trying to Con the stadium or staff but..."

Yes you are! and every single one of us who pay for an adult ticket!

If you are 22/23, that's not UNDER 22, so but the right ticket, you scabby *******! 

50 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I know someone who purchased an U5's ticket for his kid when she was 5 and various people used it for years until the summer DOB checks.

She's 19 now! 

I've never let anyone use my 3 year olds season ticket. If he's not going and they want to go and sit in that seat, then I make them upgrade it for the match. 

How any "supporter" can blatantly cheat the club is beyond me! 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We're not trying to Con the stadium or staff but..."

Yes you, and every single one of us who pay for an adult ticket!

If you are 22/23, that's not UNDER 22, so but the right ticket, you scabby *******! 

What if they’re students or looking for work? I’m sure you’ve never ever got on the tube in London for free when the barriers are open..

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What if they’re students or looking for work? I’m sure you’ve never ever got on the tube in London for free when the barriers are open..

What's that got to do with it..? 

If we open the barriers and let people in, fair enough. We don't. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What's that got to do with it..? 

If we open the barriers and let people in, fair enough. We don't. 

Well it’s a wider point really - I feel our POTD prices are pretty expensive, especially for young people over 22.

I know I’m hardly speaking from a moral position.. but I think realistically in life people will always look for ways to play the system.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well it’s a wider point really - I feel our POTD prices are pretty expensive, especially for young people over 22.

I know I’m hardly speaking from a moral position.. but I think realistically in life people will always look for ways to play the system.

I do t disagree inherently but I look at the context here:

Man who doesn't attend often is coming to game and seeks to con club and pay less money. In turn, people who attend every game end up having to pay more in the long run to make up revenue (not saying this one guy causes season ticket prices to go up, but it will be based on compound revenue)

He deserves the response he's getting.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I do t disagree inherently but I look at the context here:

Man who doesn't attend often is coming to game and seeks to con club and pay less money. In turn, people who attend every game end up having to pay more in the long run to make up revenue (not saying this one guy causes season ticket prices to go up, but it will be based on compound revenue)

He deserves the response he's getting.

Yeah, I know you’re right really - but I doubt there’s anyone on here without sin that could cast the first stone! 

I’m sure most of us have played the system with similar things like this at some point - but probably had the common sense not to post it on a widely read (also by Club officials) and fairly grown up forum.

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I've never let anyone use my 3 year olds season ticket. If he's not going and they want to go and sit in that seat, then I make them upgrade it for the match. 

I genuinely did it by mistake at the Stoke game.

I am 22, and when buying the guy asked me which ticket range, my thought was "I'm 22, so under-25" but when speaking I mixed myself up and said "under-22"

However I then spent the £3 I saved at the ground (and a little bit extra) when I normally don't buy anything when I am there, so the club didn't lose on any revenue from me.

Who am I to judge, back in the old east end days I used to go to the ticket office, say I left my season card at home so they could give me a ticket to get in, give that to my mate and use my card.

If you’re 23 then I don’t see the problem, you won’t get asked and even if you do they’d probably let you off. 

40 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm not condoning it bud, just reporting it.

Archived