IGNORED

Albie & Little (Merged)

RaspberryRed

I'm pretty sure they will but I hope Aaron Wilbraham and Mark Little get a huge reception prior to tonight's match.

They were both instrumental in a City Team that have given my some of my fondest memories in watching City for nigh on 40 yrs

I know Mark little wasn't universally popular with everyone but for me he was always gave 100% whenever he pulled on the shirt and was one of the instrumentals playing in that formation that helped us romped the league. The injury he sustained to his shoulder was very close to being career threatening and I know personally that he spent many a long lonely hour in the gym to get back to full fitness

As for Wilbraham then boy what a professional. When he was signed I have to admit I looked at his goalscoring record and was underwhelmed but he had one of the best seasons of his career and was blinding during our promotion year. More so I think he had an amazing effect on a lot of the young players that we have. He was the consummate professional and I think during an interview last year he mentioned during pre-season training that it was his 21st season preparing for professional football. He looked after himself immaculately with his yoga and also the way he conducted himself around the club and off of the pitch and I think he was a good confidant for the young players.

I hope they both finish up on the losing side this evening but wish them the very best for the rest of the season and beyond

Thanks guys:clap:

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Thatch is booing for damn sure

And Robbored has absolutely no interest in such players of the past! And I'm surprised he's allowed this thread to of been on here for an hour!

Players from our past have no place for a thread on a football forum don't you know?!?

26 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

And Robbored has absolutely no interest in such players of the past! And I'm surprised he's allowed this thread to of been on here for an hour!

Players from our past have no place for a thread on a football forum don't you know?!?

Maybe not..... but as I read on these very pages that Wilbs single handedly kept us up last season by motivating the players after LJ had lost the dressing room then I'm sure our team will form a guard of honour and clap him onto the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Maybe not..... but as I read on these very pages that Wilbs single handedly kept us up last season by motivating the players after LJ had lost the dressing room then I'm sure our team will form a guard of honour and clap him onto the pitch. 

The issue isn't mine, I'm more than happy to hear about how our ex-players are getting on & what they are up to, I was merely pointing out that as past Bristol City players, a certain forum member won't be happy as they don't believe that such a topic should be on a football forum.

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Who knows if he did that for sure

I think it's pretty clear Wilbs was the 'father' figure off the pitch. Let's be honest, he never let us down on it either. I wonder if his leaving caused Jamie Mac to move up? Maybe JM's role was the coaching position they spoke to Wilbs about?

Both deserve a decent welcome back IMHO, then we absolutely muller them! :yes:

Both top blokes, top pros who were part of the most successful team I’ve watched. 

Spoken to both of them a few times in either Cabot Circus or Charlton Farm and they treat you so well. Wilbs will have a football conversation with you without looking down his nose at you. Litts is funny as anything. 

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

I did think I might have to make an appearance in RR's office for a stern talking :facepalm:

Wilbs was excellent for us. Little was a key part of the promotion squad and while he was never quite the same after his shoulder injury his attitude always seemed spot on. I'll happily join in a welcoming round of applause before the game and then hopefully celebrate them being on the losing team. 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Who knows if he did that for sure

Well everything points to LJ never having lost the DR so my best guess is that Wilbs didn't .....however, he always struck me as the consummate professional so I have no doubt his encouragement played its part. Top man IMO.

I just get a bit tired of any good things being accredited to anyone who isn't the Manager ( Pemberton/ MacAllistair) hence my sarcastic post which you quoted!

Wilbraham got an excellent and deserved reception when he came on. Was weird to see him in another shirt at AG- especially as Woodrow came on at the same time with the number 18. He got a yellow for tripping Pack and looked rather apologetic indeed! Thankfully he didn't score or get an equaliser or something, that would have been rather painful

6 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

Stood up and applauded Wilis when he came on...would not waste my energy on that **** Little. The worst player I've seen for a very long time

No need for that. Was a mainstay in our double winning team. Whether he is/ was or wasn't up to championship standard or not he still deserves a warm welcome back at the Gate every time. 

Archived