IGNORED

Advertising Boards

hinsleburg

Sat in the Lansdown tonight and could barely see anything far side first half as the boards were too bright!

They seemed a bit dimmer second half but first half was horrendous! I appreciate it's probably a good revenue and they are there to stand out to some extent, but it made it impossible to focus on the game. 

I know it's been done to death but the ground in general is too bright and this doesn't help at all, anybody else have any issues with this tonight?

4 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Sat in the Lansdown tonight and could barely see anything far side first half as the boards were too bright!

They seemed a bit dimmer second half but first half was horrendous! I appreciate it's probably a good revenue and they are there to stand out to some extent, but it made it impossible to focus on the game. 

I know it's been done to death but the ground in general is too bright and this doesn't help at all, anybody else have any issues with this tonight?

na...took me raybans...init

52 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Yes. Caused all sorts of problems with my glasses. Sat in South stand and couldn't see the ball hit the net when fam scored. 

Exactly the same for me (although I don't wear glasses). Really struggled when the ball was in the 6 yard area at the Atyeo end. 

55 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Thought someone kept messing around with the floodlights then realised it was the brightness and changing colours on the advertising boards 

Completely agree with the OP. From my seat in the South Stand the advertising boards were a real pain. The bright white Dribuild adverts made it difficult to see the ball when it was near the goal at the Atyeo end and the animations were a constant distraction. I completely understand how revenue is needed from adverts, but surely they can be dimmer and less invasive.

I mentioned this last season and I understand the club response was that they were 'standard' across the industry - and hence not going to be altered. The intense light has the capacity to make viewing a problem at night (Sky Sports, I'm talking about you) but the sudden change to a completely different set of adverts is very intrusive. It's another sign that the game is less important to the advertising opportunities.

I wonder if anyone who suffers from light-sensitivity problems are looking to make an official complaint. Could they spark an epileptic seizure?

The brightness is definitely adjustable. I've not been put off as bad as that before tonight. It's as though they had it set in day light mode. 

I remember last season something happened and it went ridiculous bright then went green all around the stadium as if it had just been reboot or something. The fact it went that bright, all be it temporarily, suggests it can be manually altered.

Glad this has been mentioned - I came away from the match with a banging headache!!  Second half was not as bad with the darker colours but first half with white backgrounds making the players and ball on the far side look like silhouettes was ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Noted.  It was set to 50% today which is standard for evening games. I agree there were times it was v bright.  This will be reduced at next evening game accordingly 

And what about the lighting in the stands as well. Is this being looked into by the safety executive please? 

4 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Noted.  It was set to 50% today which is standard for evening games. I agree there were times it was v bright.  This will be reduced at next evening game accordingly 

Thanks for picking up these complaints quickly, it was really bad - everybody around me in the Lansdown was complaining, It did affect our enjoyment of the game and was very distracting. I've never known it like this before so something must have changed.

ee

1 hour ago, hinsleburg said:

Must be a tactic to put off the opposition, well done BCFC, keep it up!

14 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Thanks for picking up these complaints quickly, it was really bad - everybody around me in the Lansdown was complaining, It did affect our enjoyment of the game and was very distracting. I've never known it like this before so something must have changed.

ee

Same 50% brightness but I agree, they felt brighter 

Archived