IGNORED

The Official Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread 11

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

OK so I did post this on the 'Ipswich' thread but I think it might be more an interesting comparative read here:-

Nov 10th, 2007..

There were just over 22,000 at Portman Road for that match and a very decent City away following. They will have nothing like that attendance today. We were 1 down on 5 minutes thanks to a Jon Walters goal which hit the back of the net as soon as i got to my seat slightly late for kick off. 2-0 down on 15 with a David Wright goal and the cacophony of noise was so demoralising. But City dug in for the rest of the half thankfully only to utterly capitulate early in the second just when we all thought right, now the fight back. 3-0 on 48 minutes with a Tommy Miller penalty.. Bradley Orr was it who brought down Walters? He was sent off for that. Down to 10 and 3 down.. Some City fans had seen enough and walked out in the 48th minute! I had never seen that before. Jon Walters again on 55 and the trickle started to become a real steady flow of leavers. I had a long drive back to London to contemplate, let alone the brave souls going to Bristol, but I paid my money and I stayed hoping for one goal. It never came. 5-0 on 65 minutes by Pablo Counago and Walters got his hattrick after 72 minutes to make it a really humiliating 6-0 thrashing. City were totally outclassed. 

I want vengeance today. Bury the ghost of that nightmare City because Johnson and McAllister played that day and they must have it on their conscience. 

City started the match in 4th and Ipswich in 6th. They must have wondered how on earth we were above them in the table; I sincerely hope we feel the same about them at 5pm today.

By the way Trundle was an unused sub with Byfield and Sproule up front.

I was there that day.  We were lucky to get nil.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

That's because Ipswich had won 6-0 and not 5-0. It would depress me if City beat a team at or near the top of the table 6-0 and the visiting fans thought it was 5-0.

bit picky of them, would you say? "Oh arr it's a massacre" whether it's 5 or 6. Like I said one of the gloomiest, depressing places I've ever been

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I thought Pisano was ready to return. I hope he hasn't pissedoffo......

He will definitely return against Burton.  It's the Friday after an international break so Bailey Wright will almost certainly be left out. Australia are playing in Sydney 3 days earlier..

It will be interesting to see what happens for the game after.  Who will be picked out of Flint, Baker and Wright at CB

• Like 1