IGNORED

It does feel different

Port Said Red

I am sure this has been said on other threads but I just wanted to make the point in my own.

Like others, I am trying to keep my feet on the ground, but I  am really excited by this squad and the results they are generating.

I have seen the posts from those who are quite rightly keeping their feet on the ground, comparing this start with last season and I get the comparison. To be honest until @Kid in the Riot pointed out our position at the end of October last year, I had forgotten/not realised, that our run had gone on so long and it was a bit of a reality check.

Having said all that, the reason I think it feels different is the level of performance. Even those of us who were defending LJ for the majority of last season, were aware that the performances didn't in most cases match the points we were accumulating, but most of else felt that was a good thing, "the performances will come" we said, but we all know that's not how it panned out 

So far this season however, I think we are getting both, in most games the results are coming from good performances, but when the performance level slips, we are still getting results in adversity. That to me is why this start feels different from last season, the competition for places is keeping the performance levels high and I think will help us maintain this start for a much longer period.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure this has been said on other threads but I just wanted to make the point in my own.

Like others, I am trying to keep my feet on the ground, but I  am really excited by this squad and the results they are generating.

I have seen the posts from those who are quite rightly keeping their feet on the ground, comparing this start with last season and I get the comparison. To be honest until @Kid in the Riot pointed out our position at the end of October last year, I had forgotten/not realised, that our run had gone on so long and it was a bit of a reality check.

Having said all that, the reason I think it feels different is the level of performance. Even those of us who were defending LJ for the majority of last season, were aware that the performances didn't in most cases match the points we were accumulating, but most of else felt that was a good thing, "the performances will come" we said, but we all know that's not how it panned out 

So far this season however, I think we are getting both, in most games the results are coming from good performances, but when the performance level slips, we are still getting results in adversity. That to me is why this start feels different from last season, the competition for places is keeping the performance levels high and I think will help us maintain this start for a much longer period.

For me the big difference is that when we were winning early last season we still looked vulnerable, there seems to be so much more grit, ability and energy this season, credit where credits due the clubs on the up. It’s an exciting time to be a city fan.

johnson in!

Oh Yeah  it does feel different. Watching the Championship tonight the limited bits you see how goals are made, how teams defend.

We are looking right up there. Wolves with the 5 or 6 Portugal nationals in there side looked exiting to watch and are favourites for the league.

But weve already been there and given them a real game.

I think most of us were worried about the last 5 or 6 fixtures, we've came through with flying colours and I don't think were about to stop.

We seem to be playing the best football in years, how many? you judge. And the depth of the squad? never been better.

We don't look like getting rolled over by anyone and for the first time in many a year we have nasty defenders. Oh Ipswich fans were calling us dirty, fantastic.

Without a doubt this is our best side (squad) since 76.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Thad has got the Gary Johnson first season feel,

we are under the radar, not talked about by many yet we keep getting better and better

keep it up 

That team for the most part were "grinders"though, they seemed to keep going on a sheer bloody mindedness, remember they went to Ipswich and lost 7-0 only to beat them at the gate 2-0 only a couple of weeks later. This team has far more skill and potential when you look at the average age.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That team for the most part were "grinders"though, they seemed to keep going on a sheer bloody mindedness, remember they went to Ipswich and lost 7-0 only to beat them at the gate 2-0 only a couple of weeks later. This team has far more skill and potential when you look at the average age.

I meant the atmosphere not technical skill :)

Archived