Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

BCFC Richard

The Official 'I don't really watch England any more, but I'm kind of, sort of, maybe watching/following England v Slovenia but only ironically/so I can moan about how bad we are/because I'm a glutton for punishment Match day Thread.

2 hours ago, hodge said:

I predict a dull 1-0 win and then all the pundits will rave about how England are in the world cup and the hype train will start to build for what everyone else knows will be another summer of disappointment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

"Didn't have his shooting boots on but certainly had his little toe boot on."

Cheers Hoddle

Glad you enjoyed it as much as me. Mad as a box of frogs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All over them for the entire match, created chance after chance and a late late goal gives a well deserved win in front of a passionate crowd.

Good job Scotland.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So England mediocre their way through a group of shite teams to qualify for a World Cup where we will undoubtedly go no further than the quarters at the very, very best.

Edited by Midlands Robin

5 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

So England mediocre their way through a group of shite teams to qualify for a World Cup where will undoubtedly go no further than the quarters at the very, very best.

Not sure I've ever heard mediocre as a verb. But I absolutely love it. 

• Thanks 1

I wish there was a media outlet that did the interviews we all want to hear...

"So Gareth, that was turgid dogshit wasn't it?"

"What was the calamitous brain trauma that resulted in the total masterstroke of putting Sterling in as a playmaker through the middle then?"

"Are you the last person on earth who still reckons there's a footballer hiding inside Henderson?"

"Have you made sightseeing plans for Russia when the group stages are over?"

"Are you planning on taking 22 defensive midfielders and 1 goalie or will you go balls out for 23?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

So England mediocre their way through a group of shite teams to qualify for a World Cup where we will undoubtedly go no further than the quarters at the very, very best.

Wrighty tells it as it is!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I wish there was a media outlet that did the interviews we all want to hear...

"So Gareth, that was turgid dogshit wasn't it?"

"What was the calamitous brain trauma that resulted in the total masterstroke of putting Sterling in as a playmaker through the middle then?"

"Are you the last person on earth who still reckons there's a footballer hiding inside Henderson?"

"Have you made sightseeing plans for Russia when the group stages are over?"

"Are you planning on taking 22 defensive midfielders and 1 goalie or will you go balls out for 23?"

someone like Greavsy…he'd tell 'em

This match just confirmed what we already knew. By international standards England are a distinctly average, if not a poor side. We have below average keepers and defenders, average midfielders which, bereft of Lallana, lack ingenuity, and reasonable forwards. We have no world class players, although in time Kane and Ali have a chance of becoming such. 

We qualified from the group because it was weak, filled with teams that have nothing like the number of players that England can call upon. Unless we are given the equivalent in the World Cup draw we will not qualify from the group in Russia and will come home from another tournament in shame. 

29 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Fifa will do something about the pitch invader?

if they do, I'll give everyone on this thread £5. 

Its a long shot, but I could do with a fiver so I'll be on this thread just in case.

We have no 'worldies' so our only chance is to build a team based on hard work, high momentum, high pressing. Very much like City.

We have to pick a team who can deliver that. We need to dip into whatever pool of 'talent' to deliver that team. Bit late now... but he has to look beyond to the 'big 6' and include the Championship in his search. Identify the role then fit the player rather than the other way round.

But if you listen to Match of the Day on a Saturday night, Harry Kane is described as one of the best, if not the best, Strikers in the world today. 

Edited by Midlands Robin

19 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not sure if just joking or impersonating Super.

I was just keeping the bullshite over reactions of most other match day threads alive & kicking..!   

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

But if you listen to Match of the Day on a Saturday night, Harry Kane is described as one of the best, if not the best, Strikers in the world today. 

I’d say Harry Kane probably is one of the best strikers in the world 

49 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

What mobile provider are you with

I think you are suggesting that I am lying. I am in the Foundation, Covent Garden now, pop by for a drink , 

2 minutes ago, shepton red said:

I think you are suggesting that I am lying. I am in the Foundation, Covent Garden now, pop by for a drink , 

I'm not suggesting you're lying, what would I gain from that? But you do seem defensive, it was a serious question either way...

4 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

I'm not suggesting you're lying, what would I gain from that? But you do seem defensive, it was a serious question either way...

Have you been to Wembley? The first 10 minutes are overground. 

It was 0-0 at Wembley against Slovenia and we ended up in tonight's game with 1 goalkeeper, 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders on the pitch.   We have learnt nothing from Euro 2016, or WC 2014, or Euro 2012, or WC 2010. We have had a safety first mentality for years and in Southgate we have another manager who will adopt a cautious approach. And after we fall dismally out of the tournament next summer we will be promised more of the same old shit again

• Like 1