IGNORED

Burton Ticket prices.

tinman85

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Why oh why have we missed an opportunity to pack the gate on Friday? £10 a ticket for an unattractive fixture with 100 plus away fans would surely make a difference and help roar us to second spot. 

Tickets are say, £20 on average, and we've sold 16,500, more than half the capacity. Why would we sell them half the price and make less money?? 

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Why oh why have we missed an opportunity to pack the gate on Friday? £10 a ticket for an unattractive fixture with 100 plus away fans would surely make a difference and help roar us to second spot. 

It's NOT unattractive FFS !:grr: 

Would people rather see a "huge" club with every chance we'd get dicked , or play a team like Burton with EVERY possibility of a good win (maybe even 4 or 5) ?

You tell me !

1 hour ago, Tiree said:

One can make excuses as long as your arm for City not to turn up and pack the Gate. SL has delivered everything any owner coul dhave delivered and Brisoltians will still find excuses not to watch. That's why we have had 4 seasons in top flight football and will always be seen as a 'non-footballing' major City.

unfortunately only success breeds a large loyal following, sure people will turn up for a wembley final however tin pot it might be considered, a few games near the top will not be enough to tempt the fair-weather fans I'm afraid, maybe if we are still there in 4 months time, people have been disappointed too many times in the past to get there hopes up.  and you cant blame them for not getting exited about watching burton Albion.

6 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Why does it bother you ?? No train back ?? 

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

make too many games £10 a game and then a season ticket become valueless and not worth getting

Although I do know that high PoTD prices do put many off, or at least pick and choose which games to go to, your point is certainly valid. 

Besides the income from 5,000 non season ticket holders at full price, is greater than having 10,000 non season ticket holders paying £10 a ticket.

5 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Seems people will only come and watch one of the top teams in the Championship as long as they can pay National League ticket prices. 

Really?   Could it just be that some people genuinely can't afford to fork out to pay full price to watch every game (or buy a season ticket) and so have to choose which ones to attend - and Leeds at home next is far more attractive game to go to than the Burton game.

37 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

How much did the cheapest adult season ticket cost this season?

Just wondering how many £41 games you would have to attend to make it better value.

£41is the most expensive ticket in the ground, for the most expensive games and is for non members. You can't compare that to the cheapest season ticket!

i believe that a season ticket works  out at roughly £15 per game South stand. 

£17 per game Dolman & £20 per game West stand. 

You know, the same as, or cheaper, than people run national campaigns to get ticket prices at..! 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Really?   Could it just be that some people genuinely can't afford to fork out to pay full price to watch every game (or buy a season ticket) and so have to choose which ones to attend - and Leeds at home next is far more attractive game to go to than the Burton game.

That’s fair enough but we only had a game 4 weeks ago where non season ticket holders could get in for £10. 

Do this for every few games and season tickets will lost their value.. 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Although I do know that high PoTD prices do put many off, or at least pick and choose which games to go to, your point is certainly valid. 

Besides the income from 5,000 non season ticket holders at full price, is greater than having 10,000 non season ticket holders paying £10 a ticket.

potd is far too high, 20 quid is enough, season tickets would still be cheaper but there would also be value for money

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

£41is the most expensive ticket in the ground, for the most expensive games and is for non members. You can't compare that to the cheapest season ticket!

i believe that a season ticket works  out at roughly £15 per game South stand. 

£17 per game Dolman & £20 per game West stand. 

You know, the same as, or cheaper, than people run national campaigns to get ticket prices at..! 

That's exactly the point though.

If people were to buy the cheapest season ticket rather than the occasional 'most expensive seat' they would get great value for money.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

potd is far too high, 20 quid is enough, season tickets would still be cheaper but there would also be value for money

Yes but season tickets need to still be cheaper if the holder misses 2 or 3 games.

I think £25 is fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Yes but season tickets need to still be cheaper if the holder misses 2 or 3 games.

I think £25 is fair enough.

no, no they don't,

You are committing to 23 games when buy a season ticket not 20 games or 19 games but 23,

15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no, no they don't,

You are committing to 23 games when buy a season ticket not 20 games or 19 games but 23,

Don't be silly, you're always guaranteed to miss 2 or 3 due to being ill, work, other commitments. No one can guarantee making every game possible. 

15 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Cos the fans want cheap tickets for every game and that isnt right for the club or the season ticket holders? 

My SC works out at £19 per game but I have no issue with the club offering a cheap deal fo what is not an attractive fixture. That said if if that deal was available more frequently then many SC holders would think hard about renewing.

As the club often point out - a SC is the cheapest way to watch City.

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no, no they don't,

But they are also shelling out in advance. It's only fair that the saving means that it's still cheaper, should they end up being unable to make a couple of games. 

I do think that our top priced ticket should be £30. 

It's far too simplistic, I know, but that might be a good thing, if the prices were...

South stand ST per match £14. Members POTD £17. General POTD £22

Dolman ST £17, members £20 POTD £25

Lansdown lower ST £20, members £23, POTD £28

Upper Lansdown ST £23, Member £26, POTD £31

I would also charge a fixed £25 for all away fans. It's not supporters fault if their team is deemed "big" or not. 

Scrap the match category rubbish. 

Also offer 5/10 game ticket bundles for those who want to commit to those at ST prices plus £2 per game. 

Keep it simple, make it realistically affordable and fill the place up. 

15 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

It's NOT unattractive FFS !:grr: 

Would people rather see a "huge" club with every chance we'd get dicked , or play a team like Burton with EVERY possibility of a good win (maybe even 4 or 5) ?

You tell me !

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My SC works out at £19 per game but I have no issue with the club offering a cheap deal fo what is not an attractive fixture

Slarti made a very good point and still people are ignoring it!

Why is a game against Burton unattractive and a game against Leeds not? They are both Championship fixtures with the same amount of points available and the history of the opposition makes not a jot of difference.

If anything, Burton will be the more enjoyable fixture as we have a better chance of winning (on paper, not that games are won on paper of course).

11 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Slarti made a very good point and still people are ignoring it!

Why is a game against Burton unattractive and a game against Leeds not? They are both Championship fixtures with the same amount of points available and the history of the opposition makes not a jot of difference.

If anything, Burton will be the more enjoyable fixture as we have a better chance of winning (on paper, not that games are won on paper of course).

It's simple - Leeds are a well known club with an impressive history. Even a non football fan has heard of Leeds.....but few will have heard of Burton Albion.

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's simple - Leeds are a well known club with an impressive history. Even a non football fan has heard of Leeds.....but few will have heard of Burton Albion.

What has that got to do with anything..?!

Skodas used to be shite, but most people would be happy to have a new Skoda nowadays. 

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

And one we're more likely  to lose ?:grr:

Archived