IGNORED

Burton Ticket prices.

tinman85

59 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Slarti made a very good point and still people are ignoring it!

Why is a game against Burton unattractive and a game against Leeds not? They are both Championship fixtures with the same amount of points available and the history of the opposition makes not a jot of difference.

If anything, Burton will be the more enjoyable fixture as we have a better chance of winning (on paper, not that games are won on paper of course).

And a chance to go second! Yet some people think a fair rate is a tenner.

I haven't been to many games this season but I will be tomorrow because a) I'm available and b) to me it's a very attractive fixture. £23, a Friday night out, higher chance of a win than average, possibility to go 2nd, lovely.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Why is a game against Burton unattractive and a game against Leeds not? They are both Championship fixtures with the same amount of points available and the history of the opposition makes not a jot of difference.

If anything, Burton will be the more enjoyable fixture as we have a better chance of winning (on paper, not that games are won on paper of course).

Two reasons why Leeds may be perceived by some to be a more attractive game:

1) Proximity in the table (4th v 5th - has more of a 'top of the table' feel to it, even if it's far too early in the season to consider it a six-pointer)

2) Atmosphere - Leeds will pack the away end, and Burton won't. The atmosphere will probably therefore be better v Leeds

38 minutes ago, North London Red said:

2) Atmosphere - Leeds will pack the away end, and Burton won't. The atmosphere will probably therefore be better v Leeds

I would have said that this is the one possibility, but to be honest if we're winning it will be good anyway, and nobody loses a game and says "at least the atmosphere was great"!

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I would have said that this is the one possibility, but to be honest if we're winning it will be good anyway, and nobody loses a game and says "at least the atmosphere was great"!

I have. Primary reason I go to football. Sadly I don't say it enough as we are a 'only sing when we're winning' club like most teams in England.

I'm not sure why people are getting so heated over discussing whether or not Leeds is a more attractive fixture than Burton. Point is that some PoTD fans will genuinely not be able to afford to attend both games in quick succession, so will have to pick one or other to attend. I've suggested that the apparent lower expected attendance for the Burton game, may be because some are opting to fork out for Leeds rather than Burton.

I think PoTD prices are high, cheapest adult (without membership) is £28 add in say £5 for typical transport costs and that, for some, is a lot to spend for 2 homes games in a row. Having said that, if PoTD is too attractively priced the club loses the appeal of Season Tickets. The balance needs to be right, my gut feel is PoTD should be a bit, but not a lot, cheaper than it is now. 

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I agree. We have to play every team home and away. Burton are in the Championship on merit, they are a Championship side. We prepare for them as a team with that in mind, so we should also as fans. 

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I'm not sure why people are getting so heated over discussing whether or not Leeds is a more attractive fixture than Burton. Point is that some PoTD fans will genuinely not be able to afford to attend both games in quick succession, so will have to pick one or other to attend. I've suggested that the apparent lower expected attendance for the Burton game, may be because some are opting to fork out for Leeds rather than Burton.

I think PoTD prices are high, cheapest adult (without membership) is £28 add in say £5 for typical transport costs and that, for some, is a lot to spend for 2 homes games in a row. Having said that, if PoTD is too attractively priced the club loses the appeal of Season Tickets. The balance needs to be right, my gut feel is PoTD should be a bit, but not a lot, cheaper than it is now. 

I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford a S/T. I've been there (done that) in the past, struggled to afford two games  a week, I would go to the first one and hopefully let the other take care of itself  (i usually found the wherewithal :cool:).

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

But they are also shelling out in advance. It's only fair that the saving means that it's still cheaper, should they end up being unable to make a couple of games. 

I do think that our top priced ticket should be £30. 

It's far too simplistic, I know, but that might be a good thing, if the prices were...

South stand ST per match £14. Members POTD £17. General POTD £22

Dolman ST £17, members £20 POTD £25

Lansdown lower ST £20, members £23, POTD £28

Upper Lansdown ST £23, Member £26, POTD £31

I would also charge a fixed £25 for all away fans. It's not supporters fault if their team is deemed "big" or not. 

Scrap the match category rubbish. 

Also offer 5/10 game ticket bundles for those who want to commit to those at ST prices plus £2 per game. 

Keep it simple, make it realistically affordable and fill the place up. 

I do like the sound of that, but its the bit i highlighted which made me laugh.

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

If it's THAT ****** unattractive......don't go !

He's not talking about himself though. He is talking about paying for his friend who is either unable to get a ST due to cost or lack of availability, or is a occasional football fan. 

If you can't afford two games or are just a football fan, then you pick the more interesting fixture based on quality of opposition, atmosphere, history of opposition and league position of opposition. 

If you are not City through and through or have a tight pocket then Burton is clearly the more unattractive of the two. 

I do find it odd how they chose the Derby game for £10 yet Burton has no discount. Obviously it isn't fair to do half the games at cheap prices etc, but surely this game should have been £10, and Derby game full price. The club would have made more money over the 2 games doing it that way in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I do find it odd how they chose the Derby game for £10 yet Burton has no discount. Obviously it isn't fair to do half the games at cheap prices etc, but surely this game should have been £10, and Derby game full price. The club would have made more money over the 2 games doing it that way in my opinion.

Maybe they thought it would be easier to attract newcomers (and that's what they want, new people to target marketing at) for a game against Derby than Burton?

3 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I'm a ST holder but had to pay for my mate, £24 for an unattractive tie on a Friday night...Can't help but think they could've thought that through a bit better

Why doesn't your mate pay for themselves, if they want to go..? You've already bought your ticket. 

I'd suggest you need to change your mates, more than the club need to change their prices..! 

Let's put it this way. I'm a casual fan of my local team in Italy (Siracusa) and I pick and choose games. I've decided to go to their game this week (tasty local derby with Catania, a relatively big name for Serie C) rather than their game next week against a club I've never heard of who will bring about 5 fans. I made that decision because it's a more attractive spectacle.

Obviously, on here we are the core group of fans and we turn up to support our team regardless of oppositon but we have a large floating fanbase who are obviously going to choose Leeds or Palace over tomorrow for the same reasons as me.

(by the way, I am not calling all people who can't fork out for both and have chosen Leeds floating fans, just saying that it is a big reason for the differences in attendance).

Under 17k tomorrow, 24k vs Leeds.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why doesn't your mate pay for themselves, if they want to go..? You've already bought your ticket. 

I'd suggest you need to change your mates, more than the club need to change their prices..! 

Do you ever put your point across without insulting?

Bellend. There I said it.

Maybe part of the thinking revolves around the oft-quoted "lots of people play on a Saturday", thinking that some would turn up because it wasn't on a Saturday afternoon. It'll be the first night match I've done since they moved the families up to the upper Lansdown (no school the next day and no holiday booked before fixtures came out :ph34r: ) so I'm looking forward to it, especially since my perception of the matches attended so far has been that we're getting a bit of an atmosphere of our own going up there :clapping:

On the ST price, I do factor in the likelihood that I won't be doing midweek games during term time given that my youngest is six, so there's no way that I'll be attending all 23 matches unfortunately - but I know that when I renew.

Whenever people talk about how much a game a season ticket works out as, I always wonder what percentage of the crowd go to every game.

my guess, if you take all ST holders, young and old, is about 50%. I could be miles out but I know loads who miss games in August because of holidays, Christmas, evening games because of work or getting up for school, illness, unavoidable other commitments, the list goes on...

I always get a ST but it only ever works out roughly the same as paying as I go. It's just very convenient to have and helps the club financially through summer months.

So if cheap games became the norm, me and many others wouldn't bother with a ST but if they lowered the price of ST's many like me would buy even if they knew they'd be missing some games. 

• Admin

At the risk of failing as badly as @El Hombrecito did with a previous statement about that night's attendance, tonight's game won't be "under 17k" as some are calling it. Last day of the (traditional) working week, dry evening and a league fixture makes me confident that an extra thousand at least will walk up for the chance to see us go 2nd.

Somewhere around 18k for this and 24k for Leeds would see us average 21k across the two games which isn't so bad. If this fixture was on a Saturday in April with us still sitting 4th with a chance to go second, the club would be working out how to get home fans back in the Atyeo.

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

At the risk of failing as badly as @El Hombrecito did with a previous statement about that night's attendance, tonight's game won't be "under 17k" as some are calling it. Last day of the (traditional) working week, dry evening and a league fixture makes me confident that an extra thousand at least will walk up for the chance to see us go 2nd.

Somewhere around 18k for this and 24k for Leeds would see us average 21k across the two games which isn't so bad. If this fixture was on a Saturday in April with us still sitting 4th with a chance to go second, the club would be working out how to get home fans back in the Atyeo.

Alright, alright, we all make mistakes... :sad26:

Archived