IGNORED

BCTV

old_eastender

We are a quarter way into the season and I think it's very poor that these issues are still occurring. I am abroad for most of the season and was desperate to watch games live but thought I'd wait to see how people rated the feed. Decided in the end to just watch soccer Saturday and follow the game on BBC sport website. It seems that clubs fans that use the EFL package are happy with it. I think it's time for the club to quickly sort this out and start thinking of issuing refunds for a service that fans are paying for and not receiving. 

3 hours ago, CityCiderEd said:

We are a quarter way into the season and I think it's very poor that these issues are still occurring. I am abroad for most of the season and was desperate to watch games live but thought I'd wait to see how people rated the feed. Decided in the end to just watch soccer Saturday and follow the game on BBC sport website. It seems that clubs fans that use the EFL package are happy with it. I think it's time for the club to quickly sort this out and start thinking of issuing refunds for a service that fans are paying for and not receiving. 

I was told by the club,read terms & conditions first,no refunds

12 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Bctv not available inland UK, only available outside UK.commentary only in UK.

From the outset it was made pretty clear by the club that video streaming would only be available outside of the UK.

The issue highlighted in this thread (and others) is that for those of us outside UK the streaming service is not up to an expected level.

On 16/10/2017 at 08:02, terpin said:

@AdamB Can someone from the club, StreamAMG or Gibe address the issues raised in this thread?

Given there is another home game this coming Saturday can a support engineer be made available on here?

Terpin,

Re: issues on Friday; cabling had been rejigged by HawkEye, which inadvertently had an effect on the live feed. Very frustrating and we apologise to those affected. The cabling will be fixed and tested this week before Saturday.

There is a support email address; bristolcitytvsupport@streamamg.com.

For longer-term suggestions/queries, I'd welcome emails to our head of digital richard.pepper@bristol-sport.co.uk.

Regards,
Adam

35 minutes ago, AdamB said:

Terpin,

Re: issues on Friday; cabling had been rejigged by HawkEye, which inadvertently had an effect on the live feed. Very frustrating and we apologise to those affected. The cabling will be fixed and tested this week before Saturday.

There is a support email address; bristolcitytvsupport@streamamg.com.

For longer-term suggestions/queries, I'd welcome emails to our head of digital richard.pepper@bristol-sport.co.uk.

Regards,
Adam

Thanks for the reply Adam.

Is the support e-mail address manned during live games?

26 minutes ago, megansdad said:

sometimes its not 100% and certainly was frustrating on Friday as I had to close and restart a number of times. Would I now be without it? Certainly not!!!! teething problems and all

Me neither but therein lies some of the problem as I see it. The club have got a captive audience.

I have no intention at all of cancelling as I want any chance I can get to watch the City.

I can accept teething problems for the first couple of games of the season but not this far out into the season.

20 minutes ago, megansdad said:

for me only this last game was a real issue and Adam seems to have explained that above. Hoping Saturday is flawless so I dont miss any of our destruction of Leeds.

Fair enough, but based on the other threads on here I would say that you are one of the lucky ones then.

It is not the first time the dropout issue has been experienced so can't say I'm entirely convinced by the HawkEye evidence but guess we'll soon find out.

9 hours ago, redmycolour said:

I was told by the club,read terms & conditions first,no refunds

I know about the terms and conditions but what if the service became unwatchable 

for the rest of the season for a majority of subscribers do you think they would be

able to get away with not sorting out some sort of recompense? 

1 hour ago, eastonboy said:

As the speed of light is faster than the speed of sound, you need to stand 1.35miles away from your screen and then the sound and vision will be in perfect synchronicity 

haha, very good. Although oddly it's actually the other way around in practice, i.e. TV feed is about 45 seconds behind real time and hence would be behind radio commentary. Frankly I'm more than happy watching with no commentary, just the crowd noise, cracking service when it works!

My feed didn't drop once. Looks like the issues have been addressed. So that's a positive. 

I do hope that this feed is not used for our clubs analysis. As watching it is a painful, and completely useless as you can't see anything happening off the ball. 

Stevo

Archived