IGNORED

Leeds Fan In Peace

Cjay

Hello :shifty:

I'm a member of a Leeds forum and decided early September to go around our Championship rivals and have a bit of an old chat, ask questions etc, then post the threads on  our own forum to discuss. :yes:

My keyboard is behaving funny today, so im sorry if some of my typing is wrong, i shall try to correct it as i go.  

1) 20 points at this stage last season, 1 more point this  time around, whats the reason you seem to have these great starts?

2)You had a horrible run last season, November through to January, 1 win 12 defeats, are you confident Lee Johnson and the team wont allow that to happen again? 

3)On the subject of Lee Johnson, he came in last season, 17 games, 6 wins, 5 draws, 6 defeats, nervous end but you survived, were you impressed with what he did in his spell last season?

4) There was talk he would get the sack,, was that something the fans wanted or not and if so did the fans have a replacement in mind?

5)You have started this season in fine form, what has most impressed you about your side this season?

6)We were linked with 2  of your defensive regulars in the summer, Joe Bryan and Aden Flint,, how important was it for you guys that  those 2 remained? 

7)Last season you  had  Tammy Abraham here,, did a great job, certainly looked impressive, how far can he go in the game?

8)Jonathan Kodjia, Tammy Abraham, Famara Diédhiou,, you  keep finding these excellent strikers, be it on loan or for  relatively cheap  fees, who was the best of those 3 and why?

9) Bobby Reid, scored nearly half of of his career goals this season, how impressed are you with him, are you surprised, whats his best position, and what attributes make  him such a threat?

10)) Best and worst Championship side you have played this season?

11) Who will be promoted, who will be relegated and if you are  neither of those, where will you finish?

12)FFP, ask this on every forum, are you confident you have it under control? And thoughts on your chairman? good job bad job etc.

13)lastly, the match, score predictions for Bristol City vs Leeds? 

Thanks in advance for  any replies 

14 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I'm a member of a Leeds forum and decided early September to go around our Championship rivals and have a bit of an old chat, ask questions etc, then post the threads on  our own forum to discuss. :yes:

My keyboard is behaving funny today, so im sorry if some of my typing is wrong, i shall try to correct it as i go.  

1) 20 points at this stage last season, 1 more point this  time around, whats the reason you seem to have these great starts?

2)You had a horrible run last season, November through to January, 1 win 12 defeats, are you confident Lee Johnson and the team wont allow that to happen again? 

3)On the subject of Lee Johnson, he came in last season, 17 games, 6 wins, 5 draws, 6 defeats, nervous end but you survived, were you impressed with what he did in his spell last season?

4) There was talk he would get the sack,, was that something the fans wanted or not and if so did the fans have a replacement in mind?

5)You have started this season in fine form, what has most impressed you about your side this season?

6)We were linked with 2  of your defensive regulars in the summer, Joe Bryan and Aden Flint,, how important was it for you guys that  those 2 remained? 

7)Last season you  had  Tammy Abraham here,, did a great job, certainly looked impressive, how far can he go in the game?

8)Jonathan Kodjia, Tammy Abraham, Famara Diédhiou,, you  keep finding these excellent strikers, be it on loan or for  relatively cheap  fees, who was the best of those 3 and why?

9) Bobby Reid, scored nearly half of of his career goals this season, how impressed are you with him, are you surprised, whats his best position, and what attributes make  him such a threat?

11) Who will be promoted, who will be relegated and if you are  neither of those, where will you finish?

12)FFP, ask this on every forum, are you confident you have it under control? And thoughts on your chairman? good job bad job etc.

13) City 4 Leeds 0 . Fans chucked down the dolman =2 . Score prediction was a joke. Even though I think we're win 2-1

1 minute ago, DolmanDave said:

Burton and Barnsley worst teams.

Promotion - wolves/Boro

P/o winner Fulham 

Leeds losing out in play offs

Think City will finish about 9th/10th

Relegation -  Bolton!! And two from birmingham/barnsley/sunderland/ burton/ qpr :yawn:

Qpr and Barnsley for me . Would be sweet 

32 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Welcome to OTIB .

I didn't get where Iam today by replying to opposition fan's questions but here goes nothing .

1) We , traditionally, are slow out of the blocks .

This year we had a good positive pre-season , the players know each other better and the new guys bought into the project quickly.

Last year we started brightly but ran out of steam a bit as other teams worked us out .

2) I doubt we will suffer in the same way this season . We have a better quality and depth in the squad. 

We don't just rely on one guy to score all our goals and the young players  have another season at this level under their belts . 

3) I was impressed that Johnson didn't cave in . He is one tough bugger and just kept on going.

4) Many fans didn't want LJ here in  the first place . He was a marmite player , often seen as being in the team only because his Dad was manager.

It was difficult not to want a change as on top of all that he lead us to a record breaking series of losses .

Most of the usual suspects were sited as suitable replacements for him , Warnock , Grayson , or anyone but LJ .

5) This season the team have grown up as Championship players , they have belief , energy and manage games in a way that seemed impossible last year when we were often undone by our naevity. 

6) Whilst Aden Flint is a top bloke and a bit of a talisman for the club we did alright without him . Baker , his replacement, was bought in and has been excellent.

Joe Bryan , is one of ours , a top player who will go one day but we have an Icelandic international that can take his place and an England U21 player , Lloyd Kelly who is expected to fill the void when Bryan goes .

7) Tammy can go to the very top .

8) Each forward is different ;

Tammy is the best poacher 

Kodja is the best at running at defenders 

Famara is the best team player 

9) I am absolutely delighted by Bobby, his best position is the one he's occupying now and has made his own, a number 10.

He is quick , always looking to go forward , extremely hardrunning and has the knack of being in the right place at the right time .

10) Best - Wolves   

Worst - Burton 

11) Wolves, Middlesbrough and City via the play offs ( one can dream ! ) 

Relegation 

Bolton , Burton and Millwall.

12) This club have never been so professionally run . Finally the penny dropped for our billionaire owner that he needed executives and investment in the coaching and scouting to take us forward .

I have no worries for FFP .

13) 

I predict an open match with us shading it 3-1 

I'm going for a lie down now ! 

51 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Can't be assed to reply to that lot.

But will ask you a Q. Why the sudden 360 turn on Ayling? Best full back in the champ to suddenly a piece of shite... 

Explain please.

Fair enough:shifty:

Not sure he is thought of as a piece of shite, but the answer is, his forms dropped, defensively he was ok rather then great, but now he is less then ok, out of position for the Reading goal for example. 

52 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Probably too many questions, but we will put 3 or 4 past you I think.  We look like a different team this season.

Thats fine, i post a load then see what happens, some answer them all, some answer a few, some just take the pish, whichever  :cool:

You look a different team, and we look a different team from . . . . . .earlier this season. 

1. Because despair is stronger when it follows hope

2. Something feels different to last season. We've deserved nearly every point this and although it's very likely we'll drop away it's much less of a false position than this time last year.

3. Johnson was out his depth last year but if we give young players time to prove themselves why not young managers

4. 95% wanted him gone me included. He's proving me and many others wrong and long may he reign

5. High Pressing, Squad depth, passing football

6. How important was it to keep half our defence? Pretty important though neither are irreplaceable and we could put out a very solid defence without them

7. If I was Southgate he'd be in the England Squad (If he decides to play for England). The shit were producing atm his ability to scrap a goal us invaluable 

8. Abraham, Kodjia, Diedhiou in that order but very different players Diedhiou links the best of the 3

9. Always had quick feet and has learned how to shoot. Massive surprise and credit to Johnson 

10. Brentford - Bolton 

11. Wolves, Boro, Villa - Burton, Bolton, Barnsley - 8th

12. I'm not gonna pretend to know but think we're fine. Owner is a hero. Chairman/Board want club to do well football knowledge questionable

13. 4-3

I'm off for a nap 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Welcome to OTIB .

I didn't get where Iam today by replying to opposition fan's questions but here goes nothing .

This year we had a good positive pre-season , the players know each other better and the new guys bought into the project quickly.

Last year we started brightly but ran out of steam a bit as other teams worked us out .

2) I doubt we will suffer in the same way this season . We have a better quality and depth in the squad. 

We don't just rely on one guy to score all our goals and the young players  have another season at this level under their belts . 

3) I was impressed that Johnson didn't cave in . He is one tough bugger and just kept on going.

4) Many fans didn't want LJ here in  the first place . He was a marmite player , often seen as being in the team only because his Dad was manager.

It was difficult not to want a change as on top of all that he lead us to a record breaking series of losses .

Most of the usual suspects were sited as suitable replacements for him , Warnock , Grayson , or anyone but LJ .

5) This season the team have grown up as Championship players , they have belief , energy and manage games in a way that seemed impossible last year when we were often undone by our naevity. 

6) Whilst Aden Flint is a top bloke and a bit of a talisman for the club we did alright without him . Baker , his replacement, was bought in and has been excellent.

Joe Bryan , is one of ours , a top player who will go one day but we have an Icelandic international that can take his place and an England U21 player , Lloyd Kelly who is expected to fill the void when Bryan goes .

9) I am absolutely delighted by Bobby, his best position is the one he's occupying now and has made his own, a number 10.

He is quick , always looking to go forward , extremely hardrunning and has the knack of being in the right place at the right time .

10) Best - Wolves   

Worst - Burton 

Relegation 

12) This club have never been so professionally run . Finally the penny dropped for our billionaire owner that he needed executives and investment in the coaching and scouting to take us forward .

13) 

I'm worried about you Maj. Not one piss taking comment in that whole quote.

Who are you and what have you done with the Major?

13 minutes ago, DolmanDave said:

Burton and Barnsley worst teams.

Promotion - wolves/Boro

P/o winner Fulham 

Leeds losing out in play offs

Think City will finish about 9th/10th

Relegation -  Bolton!! And two from birmingham/barnsley/sunderland/ burton/ qpr :yawn:

I hope not :sad26:

59 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Welcome to OTIB .

10) Best - Wolves   

Worst - Burton 

Relegation 

13) 

Thanks for the replies, enjoy your lie down, hopefully you will need another after Saturday :P

At the moment our 1 isnt looking likely  

Never heard of Bobby Reid till this season, seems to be revitalized. 

Archived