IGNORED

Leeds Fan In Peace

Cjay

27 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Luke out of position? I find that hard to believe..........

Happens quite a bit, he goes charging down the right like Cafu reborn, wonderful when it works, but recently it hasnt, and then he is out of position, ball into the space he left and one of the cbs has to go out there, end result tons of open spaces because Ayling cant get back in time

1) 20 points at this stage last season, 1 more point this  time around, whats the reason you seem to have these great starts? 

No secret, just seem to of clicked this season.

2)You had a horrible run last season, November through to January, 1 win 12 defeats, are you confident Lee Johnson and the team wont allow that to happen again? 

Very confident it won’t happen, we have a squad that seemingly understand what is expected from them & can play to that plan plus LJ will of learnt so much from last season.

3)On the subject of Lee Johnson, he came in last season, 17 games, 6 wins, 5 draws, 6 defeats, nervous end but you survived, were you impressed with what he did in his spell last season?

Not sure about impressed especially after the start we had but at least he was willing to try different things to correct what was going wrong.

4) There was talk he would get the sack,, was that something the fans wanted or not and if so did the fans have a replacement in mind?

The majority of fans on here probably wanted him out but personally I didn’t as he was here to fulfill a long term plan put in place from those in charge of the club.

5)You have started this season in fine form, what has most impressed you about your side this season?

The togetherness & the fact that each & every player seems to understand what is expected from them, we now have a squad of players who all want to play the same style of football & there’s no Billy Big Bollocks players here.

6)We were linked with 2  of your defensive regulars in the summer, Joe Bryan and Aden Flint,, how important was it for you guys that  those 2 remained? 

I guess only time will tell there but if anyone had offered enough money, one or both could of probably gone, Bryan wasn’t that highly rated on here last season despite him seemingly being rated throughout the division by other teams but if they had gone, we have England’s U20 left-back in our squad, Iceland’s first choice left-back in our squad who can also play centre-back & we signed Nathan Baker to seemingly replace Flint if he had left. Having kept both has meant we now have strength in depth throughout the squad.

7)Last season you  had  Tammy Abraham here,, did a great job, certainly looked impressive, how far can he go in the game?

Tammy can go all the way, he has a spot on attitude & the willingness to learn everything he needs to know, I’d be surprised if he isn’t part of the England World Cup squad for next year, whether he plays or not is a different matter but it will help his development & he’d be much more use to us than Daniel Sturridge!!

8)Jonathan Kodjia, Tammy Abraham, Famara Diédhiou,, you  keep finding these excellent strikers, be it on loan or for  relatively cheap  fees, who was the best of those 3 and why?

Tammy, a perfect attitude & a real desire to succeed in the game but on saying that, it’s probably too soon to have a full opinion of Diedhiou who’s only been here for 3 months or so.

9) Bobby Reid, scored nearly half of of his career goals this season, how impressed are you with him, are you surprised, whats his best position, and what attributes make  him such a threat?

Either playing just off of Diedhiou or with him, he now has a freedom to do what he wants without having to worry about defending & it’s the first opportunity he’s really had to play in this position & he’s seemingly loving it.

10)) Best and worst Championship side you have played this season?

I’ll leave that for others to decide.

11) Who will be promoted, who will be relegated and if you are  neither of those, where will you finish?

Promoted:- Middlesbrough, Wolves & any other club out of possibly 10 other teams.

Relegated:- Burton, Bolton & A N Other.

12)FFP, ask this on every forum, are you confident you have it under control? And thoughts on your chairman? good job bad job etc.

I’m sure we have this under control, we hardly spent anything when we gained promotion a few years back while we were redeveloping the stadium & now we are reaping the financial rewards of the stadium redevelopment & our owner wouldn’t be much of a ‘financial guru’ if he couldn’t keep his own house in order. And i’d say Mr Lansdown is right up there as one of the best club owners in the country, a self made billionaire who is a fan of the club who has all the best sporting teams in Bristol under his Bristol Sport mantra. He’s clearly here for the long haul & has the financial clout to back himself & the club. 

13)lastly, the match, score predictions for Bristol City vs Leeds? 

I guess it depends on what Leeds Utd team turns up? If it’s the one of the last few weeks, I can see us winning 3-0 or 3-1, if you’re back to the Leeds of the early part of the season, you may manage a draw but we are playing with such confidence & belief while your confidence & belief seems to be waning.

4 hours ago, Robin 101 said:

1. Because despair is stronger when it follows hope

2. Something feels different to last season. We've deserved nearly every point this and although it's very likely we'll drop away it's much less of a false position than this time last year.

3. Johnson was out his depth last year but if we give young players time to prove themselves why not young managers

Agreed, everyone deserves a fair shot. 

4. 95% wanted him gone me included. He's proving me and many others wrong and long may he reign

5. High Pressing, Squad depth, passing football

We were doing that pressing thing you speak of, not anymore. 

6. How important was it to keep half our defence? Pretty important though neither are irreplaceable and we could put out a very solid defence without them

You kept half of yours we lost half of ours.

7. If I was Southgate he'd be in the England Squad (If he decides to play for England). The shit were producing atm his ability to scrap a goal us invaluable 

Id have taken him over Chris Wood last season, impressed every time i saw him.

8. Abraham, Kodjia, Diedhiou in that order but very different players Diedhiou links the best of the 3

From what i have seen inclined to agree, but Diedhiou does look a handful.

9. Always had quick feet and has learned how to shoot. Massive surprise and credit to Johnson 

Never heard of him, so surpised me.

10. Brentford - Bolton 

11. Wolves, Boro, Villa - Burton, Bolton, Barnsley - 8th

Everyone keeps picking Boro on most forums, think they greatly overestimate Monk tbh, and Villa picked a lot to, except by Villa fans interestingly.

12. I'm not gonna pretend to know but think we're fine. Owner is a hero. Chairman/Board want club to do well football knowledge questionable

Didnt realize your owner was so minted till just before i did this

13. 4-3

way things have gone 4 to you may not be far of, our defence looks a shambles all of a sudden. 

I'm off for a nap 

10 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Happens quite a bit, he goes charging down the right like Cafu reborn, wonderful when it works, but recently it hasnt, and then he is out of position, ball into the space he left and one of the cbs has to go out there, end result tons of open spaces because Ayling cant get back in time

Sounds very much like Luke. It was worse for us on occasions because we were playing only 3 at the back.

Luke will be given a very warm welcome on Saturday; we still hold him in very high regard. I like many, was very disappointed to see him leave.

Aaron Wilbraham and Mark Little returned recently with Bolton. Such was the welcome that Wilbs stated that it gave him goosebumps.

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

1) 20 points at this stage last season, 1 more point this  time around, whats the reason you seem to have these great starts?
Last year was partly due to luck , this season more deserved and playing some good stuff.

2)You had a horrible run last season, November through to January, 1 win 12 defeats, are you confident Lee Johnson and the team wont allow that to happen again? 
Confident , no. Hopeful and expectant maybe

3)On the subject of Lee Johnson, he came in last season, 17 games, 6 wins, 5 draws, 6 defeats, nervous end but you survived, were you impressed with what he did in his spell last season?
No

4) There was talk he would get the sack,, was that something the fans wanted or not and if so did the fans have a replacement in mind?
Yes , I'd say a majority but no real favourite to take over.

5)You have started this season in fine form, what has most impressed you about your side this season?
Teamwork , attitude and fitness.

6)We were linked with 2  of your defensive regulars in the summer, Joe Bryan and Aden Flint,, how important was it for you guys that  those 2 remained? 
Very , but I don't think you would have got near paying what they're worth.

7)Last season you  had  Tammy Abraham here,, did a great job, certainly looked impressive, how far can he go in the game?
He'll play for England , and possibly soon.

8)Jonathan Kodjia, Tammy Abraham, Famara Diédhiou,, you  keep finding these excellent strikers, be it on loan or for  relatively cheap  fees, who was the best of those 3 and why?
Tammy (at the mo') attitude is brilliant , learning all the time and improving all the time. FD could be very good but far too early to tell

9) Bobby Reid, scored nearly half of of his career goals this season, how impressed are you with him, are you surprised, whats his best position, and what attributes make  him such a threat?
I am a bit surprised.Bang average MF, all be it with an eye for a chance , to a real goal threat in no time at all. Best position off a striker as he is at the moment, he's got a Duracell engine , he's nippy and has decent vision.

Barnsley , but they didn't have the extra man that Burton had. Not sure I've seen the best one we've played.

11) Who will be promoted, who will be relegated and if you are  neither of those, where will you finish?
Not a clue, I had Sheff Utd nailed on to struggle so what do I know? Villa will be up there , Woves should be and I though that M'boro would too.

12)FFP, ask this on every forum, are you confident you have it under control? And thoughts on your chairman? good job bad job etc.
Steve Lansdown has the wealth of a small country, he is currently happy to shoulder our debts. Mainly because he's the one that sanctions them. Surely due legend status what with the ground , infrastructure and what looks like the start of a team that COULD maybe contend at the right end.

If we can get over the Burton travesty and forget last year, I would say we have it in us to win well. What I expect though , is a tough, tight odd goal win for either side but hopefully us.

Thanks in advance for  any replies 

20 minutes ago, Cjay said:

he goes charging down the right like Cafu reborn, wonderful when it works, but recently it hasnt, and then he is out of position, ball into the space he left and one of the cbs has to go out there, end result tons of open spaces because Ayling cant get back in time

This reminds me of a chap we had here a few years ago.......  long hair , been seen on the piss in Cheltenham , name escapes me. 

Same points as this time last season but we had lost 4 games compared to the 1 so far and we are much more solid with goals being spread around the team. plus we have a far deeper squad with quality from the bench. Younger players have had a year to acclimatise to Championship and the mood/confindence is greater. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

12) This club have never been so professionally run . Finally the penny dropped for our billionaire owner that he needed executives and investment in the coaching and scouting to take us forward.

Investment in turnstyle maintenance, consistent security and A FULLY STAFFED TICKET OFFICE would be the next logical step to greatness.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Can't be assed to reply to that lot.

But will ask you a Q. Why the sudden 360 turn on Ayling? Best full back in the champ to suddenly a piece of shite... 

Explain please.

Pedants corner:

If Ayling had done a 360 he'd be back where he started and the best full back (allegedly) in the division.

As he's apparently currently sh'ite, he's done a 180

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

Very familiar!

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Can't be assed to reply to that lot.

But will ask you a Q. Why the sudden 360 turn on Ayling? Best full back in the champ to suddenly a piece of shite... 

Explain please.

Very much one of those things that irritates me way more than it should, but doing a 360 would leave them right back where they started. I suspect you mean a 180, Peggers.

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

Don’t we know it! Used to go marauding down the pitch and before you know it the ball was in our box and the opposition striker knocking the ball in our net. Looks like Luke still has it?

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

That sounds like our Luke!

3 hours ago, Cjay said:

Hello :shifty:

I'm a member of a Leeds forum and decided early September to go around our Championship rivals and have a bit of an old chat, ask questions etc, then post the threads on  our own forum to discuss. :yes:

My keyboard is behaving funny today, so im sorry if some of my typing is wrong, i shall try to correct it as i go.  

Looking back, we didn't actually seem particularly good last season, we just somehow kept stringing results together and we were sort of expecting to fall off at some point. This year we're playing properly good stuff and I can see us maintaining this level for a while yet.

Expectant is the word.

Not at all.

Generally yes. I was desperate to get shot of him. I think Gary Rowett was wanted, as was Justin Edinburgh. There was talk of ex-played David Moyes. Ugh.

The high pressing and the short intricate passing between the midfield and the defence. Bobby Reid has been a big part of this, and we look absolutely phenomenal at times.

I like Aden but I don't think it would've been the end of the world if he'd gone. Joe on the other hand is destined to play in the PL at some point, he's been a man possessed this season.

Very top. Like Andy Cole on crack.

Very different players. Kodjia would spook defenders and was very direct. Would often get bullied out the game so you needed a big target man next to him. TA was a proper poacher, joy to watch at times. Diedhiou can link up play as well as any forward in the division, imagine LJ loves him.

He's been so good, he never stops running and he harries defenders all game. He seems to just be in the right place at the right time and its a credit to LJ that hes doing so well.

Wolves and Barnsley

Wolves for sure, no idea about the rest. Bolton and Burton are nailed on to go down for me.

Definitely. Best owner in the country i'd bet. Wealthy local businessman who loves the club to bits. Wouldn't swap him for the world.

Could be really heavy if we turn up and you don't. 3-1 I'll go for, surprisingly confident here.

Thanks in advance for  any replies 

29 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a long post, so won't answer all Q's, but tossup between Burton and Bolton worst side IMO.

Barnsley made tactical tweaks and markedly improved 2nd half- sure we eased off too but for varied reasons Bolton and Burton definitely worse IMO.

Its to long, i went from hardly any questions on my first thread like this to tons, i shall cut back :yawn:

1 hour ago, sephjnr said:

Investment in turnstyle maintenance, consistent security and A FULLY STAFFED TICKET OFFICE would be the next logical step to greatness.

Why? Just learn to use a computer and order online at print tickets at home!! So easy it hurts !!

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

No secret, just seem to of clicked this season.

Very confident it won’t happen, we have a squad that seemingly understand what is expected from them & can play to that plan plus LJ will of learnt so much from last season.

Not sure about impressed especially after the start we had but at least he was willing to try different things to correct what was going wrong.

Sign of a good manager.

The majority of fans on here probably wanted him out but personally I didn’t as he was here to fulfill a long term plan put in place from those in charge of the club.

Think we underestimate how hard it can be to turn around a club at times, time is important. 

The togetherness & the fact that each & every player seems to understand what is expected from them, we now have a squad of players who all want to play the same style of football & there’s no Billy Big Bollocks players here.

I guess only time will tell there but if anyone had offered enough money, one or both could of probably gone, Bryan wasn’t that highly rated on here last season despite him seemingly being rated throughout the division by other teams but if they had gone, we have England’s U20 left-back in our squad, Iceland’s first choice left-back in our squad who can also play centre-back & we signed Nathan Baker to seemingly replace Flint if he had left. Having kept both has meant we now have strength in depth throughout the squad.

I dont know if Joe Bryan is as good as the papers were making out in the summer, "best left back in the division" was spouted, but at the moment we have a problem in those 2 exact positions, left back and center back. That being said, are they both comfortable on the ball? Because we play out from the back, worked well but now we are seeing issues.

Tammy can go all the way, he has a spot on attitude & the willingness to learn everything he needs to know, I’d be surprised if he isn’t part of the England World Cup squad for next year, whether he plays or not is a different matter but it will help his development & he’d be much more use to us than Daniel Sturridge!!

My cat would probably be more use then Daniel Sturridge to be fair

Tammy, a perfect attitude & a real desire to succeed in the game but on saying that, it’s probably too soon to have a full opinion of Diedhiou who’s only been here for 3 months or so.

Either playing just off of Diedhiou or with him, he now has a freedom to do what he wants without having to worry about defending & it’s the first opportunity he’s really had to play in this position & he’s seemingly loving it.

Number ten sort of role, love a good number 10 me, we have our own little lad there at the moment, only player recently to come away with any praise.

I’ll leave that for others to decide.

Promoted:- Middlesbrough, Wolves & any other club out of possibly 10 other teams.

Relegated:- Burton, Bolton & A N Other.

I’m sure we have this under control, we hardly spent anything when we gained promotion a few years back while we were redeveloping the stadium & now we are reaping the financial rewards of the stadium redevelopment & our owner wouldn’t be much of a ‘financial guru’ if he couldn’t keep his own house in order. And i’d say Mr Lansdown is right up there as one of the best club owners in the country, a self made billionaire who is a fan of the club who has all the best sporting teams in Bristol under his Bristol Sport mantra. He’s clearly here for the long haul & has the financial clout to back himself & the club. 

I guess it depends on what Leeds Utd team turns up? If it’s the one of the last few weeks, I can see us winning 3-0 or 3-1, if you’re back to the Leeds of the early part of the season, you may manage a draw but we are playing with such confidence & belief while your confidence & belief seems to be waning.

Think id agree with that, apart from a brief spell against Wednesday we havent been anything similar to the side who started and had 6 clean sheets in a row. 2, 3, even 4 for you is a [possibility with the way we are playing at the moment, but get back to the side that destroyed Forest then i think we could nick a win, we shall see.

Sorry no time to answer all the questions - but a good set of questions.

The one I will answer is on Tammy, as many have said above, the lad is the real deal, I fully expect him to be on the plane to Russia.

I would imagine Mr Conte is rather upset that his employer chose to let him go on loan for the season.

4 hours ago, Cjay said:

2-1, not sure where our one comes from at the moment  :grr:

Cjay will you be at the game 

if so pop around to the fans zone 

we have live bands and  its a friendly place to be 

come back after the game and let us know what you think 

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Pedants corner:

If Ayling had done a 360 he'd be back where he started and the best full back (allegedly) in the division.

As he's apparently currently sh'ite, he's done a 180

4 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Very much one of those things that irritates me way more than it should, but doing a 360 would leave them right back where they started. I suspect you mean a 180, Peggers.

Just **** off.

I'm ill.

:P:thumbsup:

16 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I'm worried about you Maj. Not one piss taking comment in that whole quote.

Who are you and what have you done with the Major?

He did Peg, he did. 

It would only gave been understood by those of a certain age.  

I'm trying to use other well known phrases from the classic late 70's tv show but can't. Its a bit of a balls up on the cockup front by me here. 

I didn't get where I am today without realising that the OP was in the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin.

Super.

Great.

34 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

He did Peg, he did. 

It would only gave been understood by those of a certain age.  

I'm trying to use other well known phrases from the classic late 70's tv show but can't. Its a bit of a balls up on the cockup front by me here. 

I didn't get where I am today without realising that the OP was in the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin.

Super.

Great.

Well I escaped the womb in the 80s so it's a whoosh over the head from me...

:blink:

Archived