IGNORED

Sportsline BCFC Coverage - Made in Bristol TV

Made in Bristol TV

CITY FANS - we want to provide you with a television show worth your time, as fans, on Monday evenings at 7pm.

Currently we have a show called Sportsline which aims to cover all sport in Bristol. I'm a producer on the show and we're really interested in getting YOUR opinions on what we could do better on when it comes to providing you with information and news about your club. The shows very fresh having launched in September and we want to hear your opinions on what YOU want from the show.

What do you want from your local sports programme?

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Personally speaking was disappointed the old sports show was replaced.

Also love the idea of a local TV station, but a shame it is not in HD

We're always looking to improve our content - we want to listen to what fans from both clubs to give them more of what they look for from a sports show. 

I thought the Subs Bench was decent enough despite being presented by two journalists neither of whom were professional tv presenters. The interview with Steve Lansdown was particularly good.

Personally, like most otib users I'm only interested in stories that are related to City and if one particular program was about the Gas I wouldn't bother to watch.

Like Phantom says - it's a shame it's not in HD.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I thought the Subs Bench was decent enough despite being presented by two journalists neither of whom were professional tv presenters. The interview with Steve Lansdown was particularly good.

Personally, like most otib users I'm only interested in stories that are related to City and if one particular program was about the Gas I wouldn't bother to watch.

Like Phantom says - it's a shame it's not in HD.

What would you like to see from watching the programme itself?

Interviews with the likes of Steve Lansdown? More from the players/coaches? Are you interested in more factual coverage of what they have to say or would you like to see the players taking part in different challenges? or maybe a mix of these things...

15 minutes ago, baz4jazz said:

All you need to do is reinstate the original Subs Bench with Richard and Nigel! That was just what a lot if us wanted judging by the many comments I had about it when it was running. 

This is a chance for you to tell us what you would like to see more of on the show.

We want to listen to you, the fans, and deliver what you're looking for.

43 minutes ago, Made in Bristol TV said:

This is a chance for you to tell us what you would like to see more of on the show.

We want to listen to you, the fans, and deliver what you're looking for.

I'd like to see more of Richard Latham & Nigel Turner on my television on Monday evenings at 7pm please.

To be honest most people haven't got time to sit and watch linear TV. They work late, are catching up on Netflix/iPlayer, and also you have to remember people's family may not nessicarily want to watch a local sports show. You're working on a very niche audience who will only make the time if they judge it worthwhile. 

Personally I believe you need to firstly make snackable content, good insightful content, which can be consumed across a variety of platforms and then build an audience through there who will want to tune into your shows.

Create short videos (max 5 minutes) for Facebook and promoted them to fans of Bristol City and Rovers. For content look at the podcasts previously mentioned on here and you'll see the type City fans want. Also look at the threads and see which debates perform well, then you'll know what topics to cover. Then when you post these videos you can use the comments to improve, and then use metrics like video views, shares etc to know what works best. If fans start liking these videos they are then more likely to watch your longer TV show.

You could of done with capitalising on podcasts before someone on here used it. This can be listened to when at work or travelling. Downtime when people are looking for entertainment whilst having few options. 

Basically in summary, start to build up a fan base using small videos, so people know who you are, what you're like and then will tune into TV show. Changing the TV show format and making it new and shiny is all fine, but pointless if you're not getting the viewership in the first place. 

If I start to see good content online then I will watch your show. 

3 hours ago, Made in Bristol TV said:

Interviews with the likes of Steve Lansdown? More from the players/coaches? Are you interested in more factual coverage of what they have to say or would you like to see the players taking part in different challenges? or maybe a mix of these things...

Interviews with City players and the management team at AG. Mark Ashton, McAllister and the club physio. The fitness coach, what he does and how he goes about it. I'd find that all really interesting. I'm sure other City fans would as well.

Can you explain why the programme is not in HD?

• Admin
14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Can you explain why the programme is not in HD?

The channel is broadcast in SD

@Made in Bristol TV

Not sure what the broadcasting rights are to highlights, but if half the program could a focused as a local highlights package, even delving down as far as WSM and Bath. But also include Rugby too

Then in the second half have an interview with someone related to one of those sides

The current ball challenge is something light hearted, but just seems a cheap copy of something soccer AM would do.

23 hours ago, Made in Bristol TV said:

HD please

Archived